The "You've been kidnapped" writing prompt

Pythagoras as well, from what I understand. And maybe Alexander. Basically anyone who was anyone around the Mediterranean back in the day just sprang into being in their mothers' wombs.

I guess it was kind of a trendy thing. One kid on the block claims his mother was a virgin and before you know it, everyone’s mother was a virgin.

Oh yeah. I lived through Vietnam. Of course, I lived through it in Canada. I also travelled through Syria, even though that was nine months before the civil war. I’ve been to the Killing Fields in Cambodia (a few decades after the Khmer Rouge were chased out) and I was in Nicaragua, shortly after the Sandanistas took it over. So, hey, I’ve got a good sense of timing. But they were all on my TV set every night while they were happening, so I developed a good taste for gratuitous violence.

BTW, you can get excellent bagels in Cambodia. Some of the NGOs there have opened their own bakeries and make their own bagels. Yummmmm…

Oh yeah. I lived through Vietnam. Of course, I lived through it in Canada. I also travelled through Syria, even though that was nine months before the civil war. I’ve been to the Killing Fields in Cambodia (a few decades after the Khmer Rouge were chased out) and I was in Nicaragua, shortly after the Sandanistas took it over. So, hey, I’ve got a good sense of timing. But they were all on my TV set every night while they were happening, so I developed a good taste for gratuitous violence.

BTW, you can get excellent bagels in Cambodia. Some of the NGOs there have opened their own bakeries and make their own bagels. Yummmmm…
Bagels are always important.

Back