The "You've been kidnapped" writing prompt

bettiezyx

Crazy
I saw the funniest writing prompt this morning, and wanted to share (assuming it's as new to y'all as to me):
"You've been kidnapped. Your kidnappers allow you to keep posting on social media to pretend everything is alright. What would you post that would alarm your followers, without the kidnappers knowing you're asking for help?"
What's is your response?

I'd probably post, "Help, I've been kidnapped." No one would notice or care, and the abductors would realize they expended far more resources capturing me than they can possibly hope to recoup. They'd reluctantly release me back into the wild to cut their losses and then probably run for public office, having proved they lack the necessary skills to do any other job competently.

I literally can't Twitter (or X) to save my life. Fuck 140 character limits, fuck senseless arguments over trivialities, fuck fake news. I'd rather ingratiate myself with the kidnappers, fuck them if I had to and convince them that no one in my immediate vicinity has enough money to ransom me anyway, they might as well take me with them on their next heist.

That ought to shut them up.

I saw the funniest writing prompt this morning, and wanted to share (assuming it's as new to y'all as to me):
"You've been kidnapped. Your kidnappers allow you to keep posting on social media to pretend everything is alright. What would you post that would alarm your followers, without the kidnappers knowing you're asking for help?"
What's is your response?
Me posting on my social media at all would be so out-of-character that at least some of my connections/contacts/friends-and-family would ask me if I was all right.

I have it and I'm connected to hundreds of people, most of whom I know or at least have known in the past in real life. I just never post anything.

You are out of date, sweetie. You have 280 characters now.
I literally can't Twitter (or X) to save my life. Fuck 140 character limits, fuck senseless arguments over trivialities, fuck fake news. I'd rather ingratiate myself with the kidnappers, fuck them if I had to and convince them that no one in my immediate vicinity has enough money to ransom me anyway, they might as well take me with them on their next heist.

That ought to shut them up.

"Just finished binge reading the Twilight series. Boy that author Stephanie Meyer is something special. Really knows how to create compelling, realistic characters that are in no way bland caricatures, and create realistic relationship scenarios that aren't at all creepy or ridiculous.

And then there's her take on vampires; so unique. Because the trope of the dark, powerful, compelling vampire is just so clichƩ and her wimpy sparkly vampires who spend years repeating high school instead of exploring the world is just so intriguing."

Oh, my God, my respect for you just plummeted, unless that's sarcasm.
"Just finished binge reading the Twilight series. Boy that author Stephanie Meyer is something special. Really knows how to create compelling, realistic characters that are in no way bland caricatures, and create realistic relationship scenarios that aren't at all creepy or ridiculous.

And then there's her take on vampires; so unique. Because the trope of the dark, powerful, compelling vampire is just so clichƩ and her wimpy sparkly vampires who spend years repeating high school instead of exploring the world is just so intriguing."

"I want to thank everybody and my old Temple for their kind acceptance of my moving to Messianic Judaism." Sure as shit would be a bright, red flag for my new and old friends. Well, former old friends.

"I'm on my way to the annual harp seal pup hunt with good friends. Can't wait."

Last edited:
Back