The Travel Thread

Got back from a three day course in Cincinnati Ohio.
It was pretty nice for an American city but I am starting to appreciate a fact about the American space program.
More astronauts come from Ohio than any other state in the US.
Something about Ohio makes people want to leave the planet.

If you want to see a "typical" American city, I suppose Cincinnati would meet that need, but it not exciting or inspiring. For all there is to criticize about Chicago, Kansas City, or New York, they all have a certain majesty to them. All of them were hubs of change. Cincinnati... is there.

Got back from a three day course in Cincinnati Ohio.
It was pretty nice for an American city but I am starting to appreciate a fact about the American space program.
More astronauts come from Ohio than any other state in the US.
Something about Ohio makes people want to leave the planet.

If you want to see a "typical" American city, I suppose Cincinnati would meet that need, but it not exciting or inspiring. For all there is to criticize about Chicago, Kansas City, or New York, they all have a certain majesty to them. All of them were hubs of change. Cincinnati... is there.
Never seen Kansas in the same list as NYC and Chicago

In July, I'm visiting the Holstein Switzerland in Germany, to be exact the riding and horse breeding estate Gut Immenhof.

I would say this is the "most German" place in Germany, from a cultural point of view - since a movie series from the 50s, about two young girls and their life there, it's deeply ingrained. I doubt that you find a woman over the age of 30 in Germany that doesn't know the movies by heart.

The first one is actually available on YouTube currently:

1714074375884.png

1714075503636.png

Never seen Kansas in the same list as NYC and Chicago
Courtesy of the Army, I spent a fair amount of time in Leavenworth Kansas, a short drive from Kansas City Missouri.
There is a fair bit to appreciate about that city, including art, sports, performance venues, architecture, & history (Battle of Westport, Failed Southern Treason of the 1860s). The WWI museum is superb.
Definitely not as intense as NYC or Chicago, but one of the nicer, more interesting US cities.

Back