The Official AH “Pastiches de Oggbashan” Story Event Support Thread

Unfortunately due to recent work commitments I am not going to be able to finish my story in time to post it. I hope to be able to find time over the Christmas break to get it done and posted here.

Unfortunately due to recent work commitments I am not going to be able to finish my story in time to post it. I hope to be able to find time over the Christmas break to get it done and posted here.

Hope all’s well, skelligrock, and look forward to reading it whenever you post :)

A friendly reminder to anyone participating that the deadline for submissions is today, Dec. 14th, by 11:59EST. Please keep the deadline in mind to assist Laurel, who’s being so generous to host and post the event materials.

Thanks again to everyone participating for your time and talent!

EST? Ah shit. Can I still submit?

D'oh! I'm right there with you, Mikey. I came up with a better tag line this morning and edited my submission, forgetting it would change the submission date. I hope Laurel is feeling charitable this holiday season. 🤞

EST? Ah shit. Can I still submit?

D'oh! I'm right there with you, Mikey. I came up with a better tag line this morning and edited my submission, forgetting it would change the submission date. I hope Laurel is feeling charitable this holiday season. 🤞

Michael, Please send Laurel a PM too. But I suspect she’ll make sure it’s uploaded :)

Loqui, I had a change to make after the cut off too: what I did was left the original submission pending, and uploaded the corrected submission labeled EDITED with a note that it was my editor’s submission for the Pastiches Ogg. Hope this helps :)

Michael, Please send Laurel a PM too. But I suspect she’ll make sure it’s uploaded :)

I PMd Laurel and begged her to overlook my transgression. This was her response:

No worries! I'll be checking for Ogg stories until the day before it goes live. :rose: I see yours in the queue and will process it accordingly. I would warn against anyone making any changes to or submitting in the 24 hours before the live date. Other than that, it's fine to be a little late!

That’s good news indeed. Real life has kept me too preoccupied to do final finessing as much as I’d like, so I rushed my submission in without even a final read-through, just to make the deadline. Not that I magically have the free time now, but hopefully I’ll be able to at least read it end-to-end once in case I had anything terribly bad in there yet to fix. Laurel’s the best! On the bright side, my pastiche is of Ogg’s “The Worst Chain Story Ever” so maybe a few faux pas will just blend in. :)

Can't wait to read y'alls stories. I'm taking my mother's friend grocery shopping tomorrow morning, since the heater in her truck is broken and it's freezing outside, but then I'll be home with hot chocolate and bells on.

Stories are published.

And BOOM! Two votes and a score of 2.5. Trolls are up early...

***edit ***

Well, it looks like the troll patrol is also up early. Mine is now 5/5...

I've also started at the top of the list to read. Thanks to everyone who submitted a story.

Cheers

Last edited:
All of the stories for this were blessed with a 2 star rating according to the first appearance on the Hubs.

Thank you all for a splendid cornucopia of stories. I haven't read them all yet but I am impressed with the range of styles and good storytelling.

I like Kingsman's reading of my story Police Gazette.

I don't think any of them deserves the low markings given by the trolls.

Thanks again.

Ohhhh well done everyone. I’m still working on mine and I’m going to get it finished, but it will be waaaaaay late.

I've read some of the stories and poems so far. I've enjoyed what I've read so far. Part of the enjoyment of it is the incredibly wide range of subject matter and styles, which makes sense given the wide range of Oggbashan's works.

GM! I’m only half-way through the event posts and enjoying them all; just outstanding! Thank you again everyone for the generosity of your time and tremendous talent :rose:

These are great reads, and of course, most importantly, it’s great to know you’re enjoying them, Ogg :rose: Hope we’ve all made you proud :)

Began reading this morning, starting with Vix's entry. Great stuff so far. So sorry I didn't get a chance to write something for this -- but looking forward to reading these!

5 stars from me for all of them

Thank you, Vix for setting this up, and thanks to all those who have contributed.

I have enjoyed every one of them. Some are closer to my stories than others but the range is incredible. I appreciate the massive effort that these show.

It has also lead to a lot more attention to my own stories, even much older ones, for which I am also grateful.

Thank you all for a splendid cornucopia of stories. I haven't read them all yet but I am impressed with the range of styles and good storytelling.l.

Thank YOU, Ogg, for supplying such a splendid cornucopia of stories and poems to choose from!

I haven’t read them all yet either (much less all of YOURS), but it is impressive. I’m honored to have been a part of this story event.

On a more personal note, I wish you the very best, Ogg, however that works out or looks like.

You’re in my thoughts often.

Back