The Official AH “Pastiches de Oggbashan” Story Event Support Thread

Vix_Giovanni

Literotica Guru
This thread is support for the "Pastiches de Oggbashan” Story Event.

Submissions can be uploaded between December 7th and December 14th. All stories will go live on Thursday December 19th!

So, what’s the “Pastiches de Oggbashan” Story Event? It’s is a fun event simply to celebrate Ogg’s incredible body of work on Literotica!

Everyone’s invited to participate in this event! You don't have to have written anything before. This isn’t a “by invitation only” event. This is not a competition. There's no scores and no prizes.

This event is merely for the sheer joy of writing alongside a supportive community of Literotica writers to pay homage to a friend and colleague!

And this thread is the official SUPPORT and ENCOURAGEMENT for participating writers. If you're a first time writer, or this is the first time you're participating in an "Event" on Literotica, welcome! If you have questions, just post them here and someone will answer. Don't be shy: ask, ask, ask about anything! We're all a bunch of very helpful people.

The Rules are really simple:

1. Select of one Ogg’s hundreds of stories to inspire you (you can also select a story by his alter ego Jeanne_d_Artois)!
1a. Since a practical purpose of this event is to lead readership to Ogg's stories that are published on Literotica, please select one of Ogg's published stories, essays or a chapter of a novel as a basis for your work (versus, e.g., something written in the forum).​
1b. However, feel free to also use his other writings for further inspiration. For example, Ogg's How-Tos and the ideas from Oggbashan Stew Pts 01-04 are fair and free for all writers to apply to their stories.​
2. Please post the title of your selected Ogg story here in the thread so we can all see it and keep a running list going in this thread. The working list of author’s will be updated, at minimum, weekly on Fridays until December 6th, and then on the December 7th submission opening.
3. Write a story of your own! Your story can be on any topic, in any category and of any length you’d like.
4. Make sure your story references, relates back to and/or is inspired by the selected Ogg story (if you want to clarify that, just ask right here in this thread).
5. Precede your story with an Author’s Note that names and credit’s Ogg and his original story (again, if you need to clarify that, just ask here in the thread).
6. If you want, repeat and write another story (or stories)!
7. Copy and paste the phrase "Pastiches de Oggbashan Story Event" in the "Notes" field of your story submission. We recommend that you COPY & PASTE it into the Notes field to avoid typos! This note MUST be included to have your story published.
8. Please use the story tag “oggbashan”.
9. All entries must be submitted by 11:59pm EST, Saturday December 14th. You can submit any time between December 7th and December 14th. All stories will be posted on December 19, 2019!

Thanks Laurel for hosting this event, and most of all, thanks so much, Ogg!

Have fun writing and reading!

Selected Stories and Pastiche Authors (as of 12/1/2019)
Car Maintenance—Rustyoznail
The Worst Chain Story Ever Ch. 01—joeyjax
Caroline's Total—UsuallyPresent
Whorehouse Chapel—SimonDoom
Christmas Truce—ChloeTzang and Tarnished Penny
Ancient Liberties—MichaelGH
Birth and Death—whowrotethisshit
Caroline's Spider-Woman—skelligrock
Lavender—YDB65
Mantrap Dress—Vix Giovanni
The Hairs on Her Arm—JBEdwards

Last edited:
While I am pleased and flattered by this thread, anyone contemplating a pastiche of an oggbashan story should know that some are already pastiches; notably of Swift's Gulliver's Travels and Kipling's Just So Stories.

While I am pleased and flattered by this thread, anyone contemplating a pastiche of an oggbashan story should know that some are already pastiches; notably of Swift's Gulliver's Travels and Kipling's Just So Stories.

Thanks for pointing that out, Ogg!

And adding to it that anyone in the story event will be in a fortunate lineage of great storytelling :D !

(And part of a lineage of great pastiches, too: Gulliver’s Travels was an imitation of Swift’s style club president’s travel notes and Kipling’s fiction was influenced by Portuguese- Indian children’s stories)

Great idea. Thanks for heading this up, Vix.

I'll need to peruse some of that sweet, sweet Ogg output and decide what to pay tribute to.

Ooh can I do Ogg’s thread for “An Interesting Moral Dilemma”?

In view of a recent thread about completing someone else's story, perhaps I should state explicitly that I give permission to anyone to use any one of my stories (or any jeanne_d_artois' stories) as inspiration for their own.

You can use the plot, the characters, the incidents, or whatever, to create your own version.

Ooh can I do Ogg’s thread for “An Interesting Moral Dilemma”?

Hey, Michael! No, the scope is Ogg’s Literotica published fiction (the links to his works are in Rule #1 above); both for the pastiche theme and for the practical purposes of raising interest in and celebrating his writing, and keeping everything publicly searchable on the site.

Last edited:
In view of a recent thread about completing someone else's story, perhaps I should state explicitly that I give permission to anyone to use any one of my stories (or any jeanne_d_artois' stories) as inspiration for their own.

You can use the plot, the characters, the incidents, or whatever, to create your own version.

:D thank you, Ogg! We appreciate that; Laurel and I didn’t ask in advance to not spoil the surprise.

Great idea. Thanks for heading this up, Vix.

I'll need to peruse some of that sweet, sweet Ogg output and decide what to pay tribute to.

Yes. A great idea and I’m in. Decisions decisions.....

What a lovely idea! I probably won't be able to write for this, but happy to offer editing for one or two who are.

edit: both spots now filled.

Last edited:
Okay, this is going to be a blast for me and a lot of fun, and at the same time, just might alienate every last one of the few followers I've somehow managed to trick so far with my (two) Romantic stories. :) Because, I'm eyeing Ogg's The Worst Chain Story Ever Ch. 01. I never laughed so hard reading an erotic story.

I do have a couple of questions, though:

1. Should I just submit it as Chapter Two and keep it in the Chain Stories category (with the appropriate Note, of course)? I've never done a chain story, so I'm not sure if I need to do anything special with how I submit it to ensure it's somehow 'associated' with the previously published Chapter One that Ogg wrote.
  2. I don't have it quite finished, but it's already coming along, If anyone who's not only a fan of Ogg, but also of this particular story, wouldn't mind reviewing/editing it, I'd appreciate it. I don't want to do any disservice to what Ogg started and yes, even though I'm picking literally, "The Worst Chain Story Ever" I feel a little bit of pressure to hopefully, do him proud (erm, not like that).

By the way, Ogg, not to sound too flowery, but I found that story of yours at a really good time, when I was fretting over trolls and voting stars (which I still sometimes do) as a new writer (which I still am). And after reading that story, I realized I definitely should not be taking either myself or my readers quite so seriously. I thoroughly enjoyed that read, as whacky as it was. So thanks!

What a lovely idea! I probably won't be able to write for this, but happy to offer editing for one or two who are.

I’m sure you’ll quickly have someone take you up on the offer. Thanks so much for supporting, Bramblethorn!

Yes. A great idea and I’m in. Decisions decisions.....

Hooray! Yes, decisions decisions; almost too much of a good thing....

And a side note: thank you, Chloe, for your great kick-off posts for “One Night in Xx”—I didn’t know how to host an event, and your posts were a template and tutorial :rose:

Okay, this is going to be a blast for me and a lot of fun, and at the same time, just might alienate every last one of the few followers I've somehow managed to trick so far with my (two) Romantic stories. :) Because, I'm eyeing Ogg's The Worst Chain Story Ever Ch. 01. I never laughed so hard reading an erotic story.

1. Should I just submit it as Chapter Two and keep it in the Chain Stories category (with the appropriate Note, of course)? I've never done a chain story, so I'm not sure if I need to do anything special with how I submit it to ensure it's somehow 'associated' with the previously published Chapter One that Ogg wrote.
  2. I don't have it quite finished, but it's already coming along, If anyone who's not only a fan of Ogg, but also of this particular story, wouldn't mind reviewing/editing it, I'd appreciate it. I don't want to do any disservice to what Ogg started and yes, even though I'm picking literally, "The Worst Chain Story Ever" I feel a little bit of pressure to hopefully, do him proud (erm, not like that).

By the way, Ogg, not to sound too flowery, but I found that story of yours at a really good time, when I was fretting over trolls and voting stars (which I still sometimes do) as a new writer (which I still am). And after reading that story, I realized I definitely should not be taking either myself or my readers quite so seriously. I thoroughly enjoyed that read, as whacky as it was. So thanks!

Hey, joeyjax! If Ogg approves and is ok with the chapter title, it’s fine by the event rules, too :D

Hopefully, we find a taker to help you with reviewing/editing. And thanks so much, too, for sharing your experience with finding and reading The Worst Chain Story Ever!

Unfortunately I've only read a few of Ogg's stories, but I have a idea... I'll leave that bunny to nibble a bit more grass and see if it grows.

Unfortunately I've only read a few of Ogg's stories, but I have a idea... I'll leave that bunny to nibble a bit more grass and see if it grows.

Sounds good! It’s amazing how quickly the bunnies grow and multiply around here!

Love the idea. I'm not even sure if I've read any of the stories but I've been reading here on and off forever.

After reading the replies would it be impertinent to suggest that the named user exclude or notate certain stories for the (un)official contest when ready?

While I don't mind reading a story that's already "pastiche" I'd probably want to select something original myself.

Sounds good! It’s amazing how quickly the bunnies grow and multiply around here!

The bunny got into some rabbit nip.

It's looking like teaching someone to drive in Morris Minor panel van.

***Edit*** “Car Maintenance” looks promising.

Last edited:
I have to say, until now I've frankly been intimidated by Ogg's voluminous body of work. But I'd like to show my appreciation.

I need to do a bit of research, but count me in. Does cribbing a concept count as well? I found the idea of compiling fifteen 50-word stories into a meaningful submission an impossible feat. Maybe I'll give that format a try. :)

Good Luck but not Chapter Two. There is already a Chapter Two by svenskaflicka:

https://www.literotica.com/s/the-worst-chain-story-ever-ch-02

But being "The Worst Chain Story Ever" not all chapters were ever written and some have gone missing. Chapter 1A might work.

Last edited:
.....And a side note: thank you, Chloe, for your great kick-off posts for “One Night in Xx”—I didn’t know how to host an event, and your posts were a template and tutorial :rose:

You’re more than welcome. Mine was based off of Ogg’s and BlackRandi’s.....

I have to say, until now I've frankly been intimidated by Ogg's voluminous body of work. But I'd like to show my appreciation.

I need to do a bit of research, but count me in. Does cribbing a concept count as well? I found the idea of compiling fifteen 50-word stories into a meaningful submission an impossible feat. Maybe I'll give that format a try. :)

I do not want to discourage you but writing 15 x 50-word stories isn't easy. 15 x 50 is needed to meet Lit's minimum requirement of 750 words. It takes me as long to produce one set as two 3-Lit page ordinary stories.

The concept isn't original to me. It has been used by EFL (English as a Foreign Language) teachers for decades before me for their advanced students. It teaches economy of words and precision in communication. All I did was use it on Literotica.

These two of my How-Tos might help:

https://www.literotica.com/s/how-to-write-a-fifty-word-story

https://www.literotica.com/s/how-to-plot-flash-fiction

That is an intriguing idea! Please be sure to choose from Ogg’s works that are published to the Literotica website and not posted to the forum. The link to the catalogues is in rule #1. Just to be clear: the practical purpose of the event is to drive reader interest/traffic to Ogg’s works that are published to the Literotica website; someone else has asked about the forum works as well, so I’ll go back to update the rules so this is clear.

As Ogg pointed out, it will be a lot of work. If you decide to do this and want help, I’d be happy to write a couple as a collaboration :D!

Last edited:
Back