The 2023 Geek Pride Story Event: Official Support Page

Belated return to this support thread, but I now know the feeling; my cherry-popping entry on LE, Bound to the Turnings of the Wheel, just got its first 1-bomb after sitting at the 4.89 mark for a while, crashed to 4.5. Anonymous Internet curmudgeon, fie upon thee!

P.S. Whoever warned me upthread that the biggest timesink of publishing your first story here would be constantly checking to see how it did in the week afterwards: You are wise beyond your years and I don't even know your age.
Yep, Through A Mirror was sitting at 4.7 after 53 votes. Now at 4.63 at 54 - so that was a 1-bomb pretty late in the day. Probably tactical. Meh. Leave a comment if you have a beef with a story so bad it merits a 1.

The rating system isn't about the quality of your work. It's about whether or not people liked it, and I think a check is the only thing you could write that everyone would like.
What is the difference? Criticism of everything by everybody is always a matter of whether they liked it or not. There is no "objective truth;" I don't think it exists.

I just finished the follow up to my Geek Pride story, and I've been working on it since I posted Enchantress, Enchantress 2 - Warrior Duchess will be out soon

I just finished the follow up to my Geek Pride story, and I've been working on it since I posted Enchantress, Enchantress 2 - Warrior Duchess will be out soon
Do you think you'll make into a series, or will it just by a sequel? I have to congratulate you for doing so well on Part 1.

Series, Part 3 was started yesterday. Still trying to figure where I'm going to drop it, Halloween? They must have Halloween on the Discworld.

Back