Pandemonium challenge support thread

…sigh...

<thread_derail>

Every time I see the word “pandemonium”, my mind breaks it down into “panda” and “moan”, and the activity implied by the suffix. So, to me at least, the implication is vocal exotic bear sex. Considering that pandas have a rep for infrequent and unproductive intercourse when they deign to get around to it, “pandemonium” must be a very rare and poorly documented event by virtue of its rarity.

</thread_derail>
But then! A panda becomes possessed by a demon and goes on a sexual rampage! The other pandas don't know what's hit them. Or what's hitting them, if you prefer.

Buckle up for the slowest, cuddliest orgy the world has ever seen!

The lede is so buried! Pandemonium is surely a convention of demons. Despite their common goal of boosting the baser instincts of clueless mortals, most of the convention's attendees probably don't get along with each other. Much conflict in breakout sessions, hospitality suites, and the trade show annex. Which of course doesn't interfere with many of them gettin' it on, including with their worst enemies.

Important demon-related info-

In many popular role play games, Demons are Chaotic Evil creatures known for rage, lust, and other volatile emotions. Devils are their cousins who are more of a Lawful Evil bent. They’re more predictable but no less dangerous predators. Think of them as the ones who will honor their bargains (but read the fine print and watch the exact words) while still trying to screw over and corrupt their victims. Demons are more destructive in obvious ways but Devils are often smarter and nastier. Naturally the two species often hate each other and are involved in violent conflicts. There may also be Neutral Evil beings known as Daemons that hire themselves out as mercenaries to both sides in such conflicts. They’re into corruption, selfish profit, and conflict for its own sake and don’t care about law or chaos. They can be the most dangerous evil beings of all.

Courtney Crowe from my Erotic Horror story of the same name is intended to have a Neutral Evil alignment. She starts the story dressed as a succubus, so I consider her a “demon wannabe”. She intends to use the law and public opinion to screw over two men she will falsely accuse of aggravated sexual assault. You can consider her a devil or a demon, I put her somewhere between. Read the story if you need to know her motives, I largely leave them up to reader speculation beyond basic greed.

My Pathfinder story is about a redeemed demon character from a popular video game. She gets into a lesbian relationship with a female paladin after her redemption. I assume this kind of story is also acceptable for the themes here.

Links in my signature for interested fans.

If you're not overly concerned about the perks of an organized challenge, you could always brainstorm connective tissue and utilize the long neglected chain stories category. I had some truly wonderful experiences writing for chains back in the far-flung past.

Important demon-related info-

In many popular role play games, Demons are Chaotic Evil creatures known for rage, lust, and other volatile emotions. Devils are their cousins who are more of a Lawful Evil bent. They’re more predictable but no less dangerous predators. Think of them as the ones who will honor their bargains (but read the fine print and watch the exact words) while still trying to screw over and corrupt their victims. Demons are more destructive in obvious ways but Devils are often smarter and nastier. Naturally the two species often hate each other and are involved in violent conflicts. There may also be Neutral Evil beings known as Daemons that hire themselves out as mercenaries to both sides in such conflicts. They’re into corruption, selfish profit, and conflict for its own sake and don’t care about law or chaos. They can be the most dangerous evil beings of all.

Throughout history, there has even been demons that are bordering on friendly. For example, the very last demon mentioned as being sealed away by King Solomon (the Biblical figure - son of David and the man credited with building the first temple in Jerusalem) is a demonic being known as Andromalius - and his demonic powers is to bring back goods that have been stolen from you, punish the thieves that took it, discover evil within men (to warn you about it), and brings to light if someone is trying to make a dishonest trade with you. Doesn't sound all that bad to me. 😁 But he is a Great Earl of Hell, so I mean.. Everything's debatable, I suppose!

There's also several demonic entities that are mentioned in early texts in history that taught humans about science, and at least one that is said to be able to help out souls which are stuck in purgatory, supposedly showing them the right way to heaven. Some of them also wish to find redemption for earlier sins and are trying very hard to appease the Lord by doing good deeds, or so these texts claim. I remember at least one of them being a teacher in Moral Philosophy, which is quite an interesting angle.

Throughout history, there has even been demons that are bordering on friendly. For example, the very last demon mentioned as being sealed away by King Solomon (the Biblical figure - son of David and the man credited with building the first temple in Jerusalem) is a demonic being known as Andromalius - and his demonic powers is to bring back goods that have been stolen from you, punish the thieves that took it, discover evil within men (to warn you about it), and brings to light if someone is trying to make a dishonest trade with you. Doesn't sound all that bad to me. 😁 But he is a Great Earl of Hell, so I mean.. Everything's debatable, I suppose!

There's also several demonic entities that are mentioned in early texts in history that taught humans about science, and at least one that is said to be able to help out souls which are stuck in purgatory, supposedly showing them the right way to heaven. Some of them also wish to find redemption for earlier sins and are trying very hard to appease the Lord by doing good deeds, or so these texts claim. I remember at least one of them being a teacher in Moral Philosophy, which is quite an interesting angle.
Makes sense if you accept they were all angels at one point

If you’ve seen the film Bedazzled with Elisabeth Hurley, she plays a very friendly but still dangerous devil character.

You might also try using demonic names for demonic entities impersonating humans. Lisa Coleman could be a good name for a succubus- think lies and coals. Yes, a major heroine in my stories goes by that name, but she’s not evil or an actual demon. Nor are her exes Chaz Kurgan (first name can associate with chastise), Sylvester “Snake” McCall, Louis Cypher Stanton, Simon Astar, and Nicole Masterson (think Old Nick, son of the master). I was just using the theme.

Other people Lisa knows with demonic inspired names are Lily Astar (Simon’s little sister named after Lillith, Astar is inspired by Astaroth, a Duke of Hell), Bill Mannon (jerk boyfriend she dumped after rough anal sex she did not enjoy, name related to Beelzebub and Mammon, other arch-devils), Morgan Fairfax (alpha bitch head cheerleader with name referencing Morgan le Fay of King Arthur stories), and Edward Salton (biker enemy, name inspired by Edward Hyde plus the idea of pouring salt on wounds). The latter three characters are Evil-aligned.

I grant interested writers the right to borrow these character names. If you want to use my exact characters, you should either deny canon in your story by intro statement (I’m okay with fanfic of my characters, though I reserve the right to critique or not read at my discretion) or ask me for permission and more details by private message. Some of these characters also have yet to appear onscreen in my Lit works.

Last edited:
More etymology: "demon" comes from the Greek "daimon", meaning a minor deity. Nothing about being good or evil. If I'm not mistaken, that came later, with the Judeo-Christian "there's only one god" idea. The "demons" that the Bible mentions were equated to evil spirits.

The lede is so buried! Pandemonium is surely a convention of demons. Despite their common goal of boosting the baser instincts of clueless mortals, most of the convention's attendees probably don't get along with each other. Much conflict in breakout sessions, hospitality suites, and the trade show annex. Which of course doesn't interfere with many of them gettin' it on, including with their worst enemies.

Seems like an adult entertainment convention would be a perfect venue for such a thing. Angela White as the lusty demoness in charge?

If you're not overly concerned about the perks of an organized challenge, you could always brainstorm connective tissue and utilize the long neglected chain stories category. I had some truly wonderful experiences writing for chains back in the far-flung past.
I think people have very different versions of demon stories. @EmilyMiller and I already established that her demons and mine are whole worlds apart, for example: hers are friendly and sexy, mine are (usually) sick and twisted. It would be impossible, or at least very improbable, to align them to create a single story.

But that's part of what would make this interesting: so many different takes on the same concept.

I think people have very different versions of demon stories. @EmilyMiller and I already established that her demons and mine are whole worlds apart, for example: hers are friendly and sexy, mine are (usually) sick and twisted. It would be impossible, or at least very improbable, to align them to create a single story.

But that's part of what would make this interesting: so many different takes on the same concept.
Interdimensional demon anthropologist?

There are ways to generate a connective narrative that doesn't put large barriers on individual creativity. It's just a thought. I've been trying to come up with a good concept for a chain story for a long time now. I've never hit on anything that I felt was solid enough to put forward here as a starter.

Count me in. However, I'll have to write a story for it as I don't have anything in the horror genre published elsewhere yet, sort of backward to my usual publication cycle.

Interdimensional demon anthropologist?

There are ways to generate a connective narrative that doesn't put large barriers on individual creativity. It's just a thought. I've been trying to come up with a good concept for a chain story for a long time now. I've never hit on anything that I felt was solid enough to put forward here as a starter.
Feel free to find some other writers for a chain story within the theme, I'd say!

I'll drop @Laurel a line tomorrow asking her to OK the idea. If I'm hosting, it won't be any time soon, though. The summer at the earliest, depending how it fits the rest of the events calendar here.

I've just sent a note to Laurel. Hopefully we can hold it in September, so plenty of time for people to dig deep in their imagination - or memory, of course, if they have personal experience with demons.

I didn't want to think about this. I really didn't. But dammit, I might just be in - I had something for an earlier challenge that went nowhere, but the addition of angels and demons just makes it work. And now I'm thinking about this rather than the paltry 3/400 words I need to finish the other thing which is painfully close to completion. So, curses, and if this flies, I'll fly with it.

I mentioned in an earlier thread that demons are a recurring feature in many of my stories. I seem to remember that someone else here likes demons too.

Anyone up for a Pandemonium* challenge? Stories about or featuring demons: the good, the bad and the sexy. Horned and horny, tentacled and touchy, sweet, scary and seductive.

So who's ready for some slaying and laying some demons?

* As we of course all know: besides its modern meaning of "chaos" (very apt for the AH), "pandemonium" is from the Greek pan demonion, literally meaning "collection of all demons" (as opposed to a pan theon, "collection of all gods").
Well I do have one in the wait.

Definitely interested. A few months back I drafted up a fantasy story about a noble paladin whose soul gets entwined with the soul a horny succubus, and could dust that off for this.

Back