Fan Fiction & Parodies

Would Literotica object to the use of fictional characters that exist in sometimes copyright material such as television sitcoms, movies, books, etc, pop culture, commercial products, i.e. I love to make parodies and fan fiction with familiar characters. I am mostly publishing audio stories as sexyprincesstofuck and have been allowed to publish audios featuring Barbie, Marilyn Monroe, and the fairy tale characters of Snow White, Sleeping Beauty and The Little Mermaid. I figure it's alright to continue to use such characters in parodies but Literotica changes the rules so many times and so often I'm not sure if I will be able to continue. I don't do fan fiction exclusively and love to do my own original stuff too but I enjoy acting with my voice in the parodies and fan fiction stories.

Fan fiction is allowed here, however they don’t accept Disney stories. Barbie might be out too due to the target audience. Norma Jean should be ok.

Thanks. I wanted to check in and make sure is all. I have published a Barbie audio story Marilyn Monroe and Fairy tale Theater X series but they are based on the original fairy tales not the Disney version of the fairy tales. I have ideas for parodies of classic sitcoms, classic movies, characters from books, cartoons, video games, pop culture etc. I like to act with my voice doing these different characters. Looks like I'm good to go then. Thank you.

We actually had this discussion last week. As far as the fairy tales original vs disney thing, there really is no difference between the two, especially when you're putting your own spin on it. Besides... either way, most if not all those characters are under 18 and there's no aging up allowed. It's probably one of the most limiting sections here. Best put those on an actual fan fic site.

Every one of my celebrity/fan fiction stories here is about a real, living woman. As long as the characters are over 18 and not aged-up from a child character (real or fantasy), you should be fine.

Oh, and no blackmail or extortion tropes either.

Laurel seems to be happy to accept Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, and Little Mermaid stories here:
https://search.literotica.com/?query="Snow White"
https://search.literotica.com/?query="Sleeping Beauty"
https://search.literotica.com/?query="Little Mermaid"

AFAICT the "no Disney" rule only applies to characters who originated with Disney, not with the fairy tales that Disney adapted.

This is correct. I wrote and submitted a "Snow White" story a year ago, without incident. The story has nods to both the original fairy tale and to elements of the Disney story, but it's so different from the Disney story that I figured it wouldn't be a problem, and I was correct.

You might also be able to get away with featuring Disney characters in references or non-sexual roles. It’s been done. A similar exception exists for some celebrities. This site features many Emma Watson fanfics, but few mention her Harry Potter character. I once submitted and had rejected a story that did.

My Honey West pastiche was bounced because of nonconsent issues which is hysterical because the character in the novels is forever losing her clothes under less-than-consent situations. In one novel she ends up in a brothel in Tijuana, where she is drugged, disarmed, and stripped down. She manages to escape in just her panties. Another novel opens with Honey at gunpoint forced to strip to the skin and then don a marine uniform from military-issued underwear on up. Yet MY stripping of the character was too much for this website! Note, the first Honey West novel was written when the Dodgers were still in Brooklyn!

Laurel seems to be happy to accept Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, and Little Mermaid stories here:
https://search.literotica.com/?query="Snow White"
https://search.literotica.com/?query="Sleeping Beauty"
https://search.literotica.com/?query="Little Mermaid"

AFAICT the "no Disney" rule only applies to characters who originated with Disney, not with the fairy tales that Disney adapted.
Weird. Even in the original story Ariel is sixteen. I won't snitch, though.

Weird. Even in the original story Ariel is sixteen. I won't snitch, though.

Hmm, now I check, the Gutenberg copy of Andersen's story says she's 15. And Lit has a bunch of Romeo and Juliet stories too. The one I looked at started with "all characters are over 18", but Juliet was 13 in the original.

Although the policy as written says no ageing-up, I guess the site might be exercising a bit of discretion for oldey-timey settings. I can kind of understand why. In R&J, the importance of Juliet's age is that she's barely old enough to get married legally. (Legal minimum age for women in his day was 12, although many didn't actually marry until their twenties.) She's in that legal-but-sketchy zone where yes, she can, but it's not a good idea, which is part of the point of the play.

The present-day equivalent wouldn't be a story about a 13-year-old getting married, it'd be a story about an 18- or 19-year-old. "Barely legal teen", I guess.

So writing a story about an 18-year-old Juliet... yeah, it's still ageing-up, but it doesn't have quite the same feel as ageing-up a 13-year-old character from a recent book, somebody who was always supposed to be seen as a child. IDK if that makes sense, and I'm not sure if that's how I'd handle it myself, but I can see why they might not treat it quite the same way.

Would Literotica object to the use of fictional characters that exist in sometimes copyright material such as television sitcoms, movies, books, etc, pop culture, commercial products, i.e. I love to make parodies and fan fiction with familiar characters. I am mostly publishing audio stories as sexyprincesstofuck and have been allowed to publish audios featuring Barbie, Marilyn Monroe, and the fairy tale characters of Snow White, Sleeping Beauty and The Little Mermaid. I figure it's alright to continue to use such characters in parodies but Literotica changes the rules so many times and so often I'm not sure if I will be able to continue. I don't do fan fiction exclusively and love to do my own original stuff too but I enjoy acting with my voice in the parodies and fan fiction stories.
Where can I find your audio stories? Or were you able to publish them here already? Audio stories sounds great, would love to hear one.

Back