Thoughts on Mary Sue characters.

The trilogy sucks for a variety of reasons, and I'd agree that Rey is not developed very well overall. But it's not true to say that she has no comic lines. For instance:

Rey and Finn, trying to escape Jakku under attack by First Order:
Finn: What about this ship? [the Millennium Falcon]
Rey: That ship is garbage! [starts running to another ship, only to see it blown up]
Rey: The garbage will do.

Or, in response to a shirtless Kylo, who I'm told is very distracting for people who are into Adam Driver:

"Do you have something, a towel, or something, you can put on?"

Fair enough! I had forgotten those lines. More of that sort of thing would have helped. Another frustrating thing about that trilogy was the inadequate way the relationship between Rey and Kylo was developed. Like so much of that trilogy, there was promise, unrealized.

For the love of god, someone lock this topic. I can't believe people are still arguing over this crap.

HEY, WHAT IS YOUR OPINION OF KVOTHE FROM KINGKILLER CHRONICLES AS A GARY STU CHARACTER? I WOULD LIKE A DISCUSSION!

Kvothe was so perfect in the first book, I had no desire to read the second. He's the Mariest of Marys, the Gariest of Garys, he wasn't for me.

Kvothe was so perfect in the first book, I had no desire to read the second. He's the Mariest of Marys, the Gariest of Garys, he wasn't for me.
Even if Rothfuss has gone somewhat overboard with Kvothe's abilities, I believe the books are worth it. He weaves an interesting, emotional tale and sets up an intriguing plot. It is more than most of the other fantasy writers managed to do, especially newer ones.

Even if Rothfuss has gone somewhat overboard with Kvothe's abilities, I believe the books are worth it. He weaves an interesting, emotional tale and sets up an intriguing plot. It is more than most of the other fantasy writers managed to do, especially newer ones.

Each to their own. I'll wait for him to finish the series before I reconsider finishing it.

You know what proves Rey is a Mary Sue? She was able to use the force to sway OO7's mind, and no way is James Bond weak-willed. Absolutely he wouldn't drop his weapon - health & safety, and all that.
His dick would sway his mind if Rey was in Leias slave getup. He's Han with private schooling.

It's been a while since I've watched the movie. I must have forgotten the scene where this is explained.
I don't think it's in any movie. It's from infornation about Incom as a manufacture. Like how Kuat Drive Yards ships are completely customizable, compared to everybody else- their freighters, especially the YT series being big example.

Back