Keeping track of multiple characters

A ten guy gang bang, where the FMC is restrained on a turntable.

I actually found someone’s proudly displayed project when seeking illustrations.

GCak1SyXYAA_XnC

It’s not quite the same as my one, but the same principle.

The two guys crossed out are explained in the story. The lines were me trying to keep track of orgasms.

Emily
I wrote a similar round table story a while back https://www.literotica.com/s/nighties-of-the-round-table where women linked arms bent over a table while covered with a large cloth to hide their identities. Guys would move from hole to hole doing as they wished while trying to avoid their own daughters. A simple tale that lacked depth but did well. Just wished there was an orgy app that let you keep track better.

OK, I'm feeling very inadequate right now. I have to go back and reread the story I'm currently writing to remember names sometimes. :ROFLMAO:

I have an overview document that I'm constantly adding to in which I record ideas and make notes of connections. I'm realising I really need some kind of timeline, to work out when the stories happen in relationship to one another.

OK, I'm feeling very inadequate right now. I have to go back and reread the story I'm currently writing to remember names sometimes. :ROFLMAO:

Every single story I write, I have two docs open: one is the story, the other is the cast list. I have to check the names an embarrassing number of times.

I have an overview document that I'm constantly adding to in which I record ideas and make notes of connections. I'm realising I really need some kind of timeline, to work out when the stories happen in relationship to one another.
That is where I am except I have started using a spreadsheet to provide the last part. My OP was checking for a better way before I went too far down one route.

Having a clear timeline has helped me out with the sequence of some individual stories within a series and given me some ideas for cross-overs, and lay some foundations for them.

For example, I realised that a character with a significant role in the 'Laura' series could be the same person as a minor character in a chronologically earlier 'Adam' story. That gives him some backstory and is a bridge between the two series. I don't know how much I will use that, but it has given me some ideas.

If I have a deliberate timeline branching off, or a chapter in itself that is a branch, I will tell the readers what I have done.

Some people have thought highly of the Scrivener and Hemingway apps, but I can't afford them. (I have to buy new sneakers first, among other things), At firs glance Scrivener seems like overkill for whatever I'm going here. If continuity errors creep into published works, I eventually fix they with edits or simply ignore them. I'm not writing the Gutenberg Bible here.

Back