Conversation

Using pet names when you don’t know me comes across as arrogant and presumptive... plus there are a shit load I really don’t like in real life.

But as you state, some women doubtless like them, which is why my usual advice on these things is be yourself, you’ll click with some, not with others - but that’s the way of the universe... if you’re a man naturally inclined to call every woman baby, you’ll probably never click with a repressed soul like me who cringes at the thought and it’s probably better that’s cleared up quickly...

That said, my username is at least a name, so it is easier for folks to avoid pet names... it must be difficult knowing how to start an interaction when conversing with a more random username...

And along those lines, what is the thoughts behind the word My, such as, "Hey there, how is My girl today?"

And along those lines, what is the thoughts behind the word My, such as, "Hey there, how is My girl today?"

You would never use ‘my girl’ with a woman you didn’t know well though... surely... :eek:

I wouldn’t tolerate it from someone I did know well...

You would never use ‘my girl’ with a woman you didn’t know well though... surely... :eek:

I wouldn’t tolerate it from someone I did know well...

Allia! :heart:

I wouldn't either. The word 'my' - in addition to implying a sense of ownership - pushes my submissive buttons.

I wouldn't allow it from anyone i wouldn't be willing to submit to.

Allia! :heart:

I wouldn't either. The word 'my' - in addition to implying a sense of ownership - pushes my submissive buttons.

I wouldn't allow it from anyone i wouldn't be willing to submit to.

That makes sense to me as well. It makes me wonder how many people start with such a claim.

How about the username itself? Can a username make you think poorly of someone, enough that it would cause you to dismiss a message from them or make you not want to send one to them?

How about the username itself? Can a username make you think poorly of someone, enough that it would cause you to dismiss a message from them or make you not want to send one to them?

Probably not a showstopper unless really vile... it is often the first thing you see to make an impression on though, so an interesting or intriguing name helps I think...

Is there a time you prefer to look at/receive messages? Like, would you rather look and talk at night or in the morning?

To me, it doesn't matter, I will check throughout the day and respond when I can, but I wonder if there are people that just check once a day or something like that.

I have a few people on iggy for their AV or username. :rolleyes:

Is there a time you prefer to look at/receive messages? Like, would you rather look and talk at night or in the morning?

To me, it doesn't matter, I will check throughout the day and respond when I can, but I wonder if there are people that just check once a day or something like that.

Do you mind me saying this is a weird question... presumably there is a whole spectrum of folks that would answer this differently... I have a job with peaks and troughs so for me it depends, I imagine a lot of people are much more regular - I’m not sure what you hope to get from people’s answers on this....

Do you mind me saying this is a weird question... presumably there is a whole spectrum of folks that would answer this differently... I have a job with peaks and troughs so for me it depends, I imagine a lot of people are much more regular - I’m not sure what you hope to get from people’s answers on this....

It was just a random thought. I know it is an odd question, just something that popped in my head.

Does the gender of a message sender have an effect on whether or not you will entertain the notion of a conversation? I know there are women looking to talk with other women, I've seen things listed in personals looking for just that, yet men comment on those personals quite a bit, so, would that perhaps persuade such posters to talk to a gender they are not looking for simply for some conversation to be introduced?

Does the gender of a message sender have an effect on whether or not you will entertain the notion of a conversation? I know there are women looking to talk with other women, I've seen things listed in personals looking for just that, yet men comment on those personals quite a bit, so, would that perhaps persuade such posters to talk to a gender they are not looking for simply for some conversation to be introduced?

I am on here to talk to woman mostly. I do have guys that message me I will talk until they start asking me if I will cyber or they want me to send them picture.

If you do have a decent conversation going, and you know you will be off for a bit, do you let them know?

I try to keep people informed when I will be gone, not that I am gone much lol.

I am on here to talk to woman mostly. I do have guys that message me I will talk until they start asking me if I will cyber or they want me to send them picture.

Sort of like accepting a basic conversation, hoping they are not really looking for something else.

Im always up for chatting to people. I live in a rural area in the UK so its nice when Im stuck in the house. I do have a life, promise lol Im not bothered if its sexual or otherwise with guys tbh. Orif someone just wants a natter

Im always up for chatting to people. I live in a rural area in the UK so its nice when Im stuck in the house. I do have a life, promise lol Im not bothered if its sexual or otherwise with guys tbh. Orif someone just wants a natter

Basic conversations are great, just someone to bounce thoughts and experiences with :) Your messages are off though :p

Thank you for posting :)

Do you ever hesitate on attempting to start a conversation because you are not sure if you will be well received, or you are not sure how you will start the interaction?

And, along those same lines, is the fear of rejection in cyberland comparable to the fear of rejection in the real world?

Sometimes it seems people know each other so well that it's hard just to say hello,you feel like your interrupting the conversation

Once in a while you get a diamond in the rough. You have great conversation and words of encouragement

Sometimes it seems people know each other so well that it's hard just to say hello,you feel like your interrupting the conversation

Yes, that does seem to impede on starting a conversation with someone. What would make you take the risk of saying hello though?

Once in a while you get a diamond in the rough. You have great conversation and words of encouragement

And those are what we seek. If we are all lucky enough to find one the world would seem a little easier wouldn't it?

Does fear of rejection cause you to hesitate before sending a message to someone you think might be a good connection for you?

Or... Does fear of acceptance make you hesitate?

Both seem to effect people. It is easy to get enthralled in a good conversation and then it just sort of disappears, you are left without closure and longing for them to say hello once again. If this happens, was it rejection or acceptance that ran out?

Does fear of rejection cause you to hesitate before sending a message to someone you think might be a good connection for you?

Or... Does fear of acceptance make you hesitate?

Both seem to effect people. It is easy to get enthralled in a good conversation and then it just sort of disappears, you are left without closure and longing for them to say hello once again. If this happens, was it rejection or acceptance that ran out?

I don't give in to fear. I just do. However... I was not and am not looking for a person on here. I just so happened to have found one or perhaps I should say that he found me. Not really sure which but no matter. It's all good.

I have rarely initiated a PM to someone on here unless there was a specific reason for it. Maybe I had information for them or wanted to pay them a compliment.

I have gotten a lot of PMs from people. Sometimes we had nice conversations. Sometimes I was left wondering why exactly it was that they contacted me to begin with. Sometimes they were looking for some certain thing or things. Sometimes they were not up front about that to begin with. Sometimes I just cut them off when I see no reason to continue what to me is a one sided thing. Sometimes they just stop messaging me. Perhaps they were looking for something and I wasn't it. Dunno.

Sometimes I do feel a connection to the other person and perhaps if circumstances were different, then the outcome might have been different.

But bottom line, I still say... Self love. Fill yourself with that and stop looking. They'll find you.

Do you ever hesitate on attempting to start a conversation because you are not sure if you will be well received, or you are not sure how you will start the interaction?

And, along those same lines, is the fear of rejection in cyberland comparable to the fear of rejection in the real world?

Not personally but then Im not shy in real life either. Im not bothered about rejection tbh, if someone isnt interested, someone else will be. If they're not interested then why should I be interested in them? Meh, there are worse things in the world

Back