Blurting it out....Playground style

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Costco, Fuck you. Make damned well sure you understand the kind of business you have lost by your actions. How much I and mine have spent with you, and you pull this kind of shit? I know I could have just paid for the stuff I was buying for the scouts, but when you told me their check wasn't good enough you screwed yourselves. Yes, I did just leave over $1,000 in product at the checkstand. Right there with my membership card that I snapped in half and told them to shove up their asses......

Dear Costco, Fuck you. Make damned well sure you understand the kind of business you have lost by your actions. How much I and mine have spent with you, and you pull this kind of shit? I know I could have just paid for the stuff I was buying for the scouts, but when you told me their check wasn't good enough you screwed yourselves. Yes, I did just leave over $1,000 in product at the checkstand. Right there with my membership card that I snapped in half and told them to shove up their asses......

*applauds*

blurting out a recipe : cabbage patch stew

i stumbled across this recipe as i was lurking. just thought i'd post it in case anyone was looking for a hearty (very budget friendly) comfort food as the weather gets colder.

Cabbage Patch Stew : recipe found at azestybite.com

Ingredients:

1 lb ground beef 93/7
1 cup onions, diced
1 cup celery, chopped
1 cup carrots, diced
1 14.5oz. can stewed tomatoes
1 15oz. can ranch style beans
1 8oz. can tomato sauce
1/2 head of cabbage, chopped
1 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp dried oregano
3 cups water
salt to taste

Directions:

Brown the meat in a large skillet over medium heat. When meat is no longer pink drain and place in crock pot.

Add the carrots, onions and celery to the skillet and saute for 5-7 minutes. Then place them into the crock pot.

Add the rest of the ingredients to the crock pot and stir. Cover and cook on low for 4 1/2 hours.

a note from respeito : i would suggest cooking this meal in a large soup pot and simmer over low heat until the vegetables are done to your preference, but if you use your crock pot, keep an eye on the vegetables because they can get mushy if you're not careful and keep in mind that the dish will continue to cook even after you remove the dish from heat.

i stumbled across this recipe as i was lurking. just thought i'd post it in case anyone was looking for a hearty (very budget friendly) comfort food as the weather gets colder.

Cabbage Patch Stew : recipe found at azestybite.com

Ingredients:

1 lb ground beef 93/7
1 cup onions, diced
1 cup celery, chopped
1 cup carrots, diced
1 14.5oz. can stewed tomatoes
1 15oz. can ranch style beans
1 8oz. can tomato sauce
1/2 head of cabbage, chopped
1 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp dried oregano
3 cups water
salt to taste

Directions:

Brown the meat in a large skillet over medium heat. When meat is no longer pink drain and place in crock pot.

Add the carrots, onions and celery to the skillet and saute for 5-7 minutes. Then place them into the crock pot.

Add the rest of the ingredients to the crock pot and stir. Cover and cook on low for 4 1/2 hours.

a note from respeito : i would suggest cooking this meal in a large soup pot and simmer over low heat until the vegetables are done to your preference, but if you use your crock pot, keep an eye on the vegetables because they can get mushy if you're not careful and keep in mind that the dish will continue to cook even after you remove the dish from heat.

I say add a cup of rice and double the onion and we're gettin' somewhere!:p

I say add a cup of rice and double the onion and we're gettin' somewhere!:p

i completely agree. years ago, i came across this recipe and i love it. i've never made authentic stuffed cabbages before, but i understand that it's like a day long affair. this soup is done with little effort.

i completely agree. years ago, i came across this recipe and i love it. i've never made authentic stuffed cabbages before, but i understand that it's like a day long affair. this soup is done with little effort.

I've not had cabbage in fo-eva; and never with beef. Usually pork- either bacon or salt pork; just for seasoning. Sauteed, sorta...as a side dish served with great northern beans or blackeye peas & pork chops. And cornbread. Always cornbread!

I've not had cabbage in fo-eva; and never with beef. Usually pork- either bacon or salt pork; just for seasoning. Sauteed, sorta...as a side dish served with great northern beans or blackeye peas & pork chops. And cornbread. Always cornbread!

i know you love your pork, but have you ever tried using smoked turkey legs (or wings) as a substitute seasoning? i was skeptical at first, but it adds a really nice flavor, especially with green beans or....with beans and cornbread.

beans and cornbread sound really good right now; with a couple of hard dashes of hot sauce. mmmm.

i know you love your pork, but have you ever tried using smoked turkey legs (or wings) as a substitute seasoning? i was skeptical at first, but it adds a really nice flavor, especially with green beans or....with beans and cornbread.

beans and cornbread sound really good right now; with a couple of hard dashes of hot sauce. mmmm.

Neh...I have a hard enough time eating the obligatory turkey at uncomfortable inlaw holiday things....:eek:

I was just about raised on beans & cornbread. I've grown to love green Tabasco (or similar) on my beans & greens nowadays.

Uggghhhh why does your food always seem soooooo good!!! You two are making me so hungry :p

hi, smiley!

respy...
excuse my ignorance... but what are "ranch style beans?" :confused:

that's a valid question, crayon goddess. ranch style beans are named that because of the spices that are added to them. usually spices that are used in southwest cuisine are added. and they're pretty good.;)

that's a valid question, crayon goddess. ranch style beans are named that because of the spices that are added to them. usually spices that are used in southwest cuisine are added. and they're pretty good.;)

Muchas gracias for the explanation. I guess it's evident that Crayola Land has headquarters near Yankeeville, huh? ;)

Muchas gracias for the explanation. I guess it's evident that Crayola Land has headquarters near Yankeeville, huh? ;)

:) just always remember this one important thing: chicken fried steak is made with a cream (white) gravy; brown gravy + chicken fried steak = unorthodox and punishable by law in some states.;)

:) just always remember this one important thing: chicken fried steak is made with a cream (white) gravy; brown gravy + chicken fried steak = unorthodox and punishable by law in some states.;)

:eek:
my goodness! <takes down notes furiously, lamenting past grievances... ever mindful that I am eternally grateful no one is the wiser.>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back