A Vampire's Beginning. (Closed for cnuveau)

Lacey looked up at him then laughed softly. She waited till he was close enough to him and then drew him in against her softly.

"Actually I was thinking of likely how much sex we're going to be having in it and everywhere else." She smiled up at him then and grinned.

"But more seriously I figured there might be times it's going to be useful we kept your house. Furnishings and all. It does mean if we're over that side of town we can sleep there. If here seems to far."

Before she stepped back from him. And let him continue to look around.

“I hadn’t put a lot of thought into what to do with my place honestly. “ Jason said “figured maybe we could rent it to college students but maybe keeping it vacant for a little while wouldn’t be the worst idea. We’ll see how it goes.”

Jason walked back inside and took another look around the main living space.

“Yeah, far more places to have sex.” He said as he wrapped his arm around Lacey’s waist and pulled her in tighter. “Just need some furniture to expand beyond the bench top.”

Without furniture they’d done about all they could do there for the time being.

“Let’s head home.” Jason said leading Lacey out and to the elevator.

First, she grabbed the champaign and brought it with them. Once they had walked back to the Bar they owned, she smiled at him. Noticing it was darkened with night now here.

"Shall we go out? Get you a proper expensive meal. Me, some expensive uh, alcohol?" She had no idea what he thought about dining out with her. Given she didn't eat.

"Maybe we can find somewhere that has a chocolate dessert, and I can eat a little chocolate while you eat dinner." It had by now been hours since he last ate, and after her blood earlier he'd seemed hungrier.

"What do you think?" Putting it to him then.

Jason enjoyed dining out from time to time but it wasn’t something he was craving at the moment. Especially since Lacey would just be watching him eat for the most part. At the end of the day he was more of an ear to live person vs a live to eat person.

“Why don’t we just pick something up and enjoy some Champaign and a quiet evening in?” He offered as an alternative. The idea of a relaxing night at home was still appealing to him given the late nights they had in the bar for the last week or so.

"Sounds perfect. What do you feel like?" She exhales softly. "I kind of miss that. the spicey of it. But, at least, oddly I still have chocolate. Maybe after we get you food somewhere, we stop at a corner store. I'll buy some chocolate and some more whiskey, and we can go home, kick back and ... be."

It sounded far better for her than what she'd said to him. She'd just wanted to offer it.

“Sounds good.” Jason said as they climbed into the car.

On the drive home he decided to just stop into a grocery store to get what they needed. Stopping by the prepared food section he filled a container with some baked chicken, vegetables and some fresh bread. Before making a stop in the liqueur isle for a bottle of Four Roses. With some chocolate from the checkout isle they were set for an evening in.

As they got home Jason put the Champaign in the fridge to chill before pouring a couple glasses of bourbon over ice then setting up at the kitchen table.

Once they were set Lacey moved to sit and eyed his food. While he was still coming over bringing chocolate for her, she lifted his fork and speared a piece of carrot. Curiously she lifted it and popped it in her mouth, chewing slowly.

He'd likely find her still chewing on it when he arrived back. Even as she exchanged the fork for her chocolate she swallowed the well-chewed carrot and didn't have the instant reaction she had when she'd been in transition. There was a distinct tilt of her head as she looked at him curiously.

"..I ate a bit of carrot.." Her tone was cautious, quieter.

Sitting down he cut a piece of chicken from the breast on his plate and popped it in his mouth.

“Oh really?” Jason said looking at Lacey closely. “And it went ok?”

He cut another piece of chicken from it and held the fork out to Lacey. “Want to try some chicken? “

First, she took a sip from the whiskey and relaxed as she felt it move through her form there. "So, far, yes it's okay."

Those eyes watched the bite of chicken on the fork, as she leaned in and took it from there chewing it slowly. A curiousness on her face clearly as she did, once she'd chewed it up she swallowed it slowly and leant back in her chair there.

"But the food's for you. So you should eat. You need it. But, maybe it means, in future. I can uh, eat a little with you. We can try it if this goes okay?" Lifting her whiskey she swirled it about a moment.

"...maybe it'll mean we might be able to go out." If it stayed down and she didn't find herself running off later to throw it up.

"Well, we'll see how it goes." Jason said before taking a sip of his whiskey then eating a few more bites of food.

Going out to eat wasn't something he necessarily missed but Lacey being able to eat a few bites here and there would make things easier in social situations he thought to himself as he finished off his meal.

After cleaning up and throwing away the grocery store takeout container he grabbed the bottle of whiskey and their glasses and led Lacey to the lounge room. Setting the bottle on the table in front of them he sat on the sofa next to her.

"Still good?" he asked looking at her curiously not sure if she was struggling to keep the food down.

Lacey found herself watching him there while he ate. She popped a piece of chocolate in her mouth and sucking on it slowly. She smiled a little there as she had a mouthful of whiskey.

While he was going to clean up she moved to the couch as he sat with her. There's a soft smile to him. "So far, so good. Food's staying put. I don't feel remotely sick." She refilled her glass of whiskey and then put the bottle on the table.

"I, feel more me. Much kind of like I did when I had that extra blood and I felt, so much better." She winked at him. "But without the glowing eyes."

There's a scoot closer to him there as she put it so they're touching, hips, knees shoulders. "I kind of like that it's without the glowing eyes."

Jade strutted confidently through the entrance of the bar. She could feel eyes on her as she made her way to an empty stool and took a seat.

"Hi, I'm Mike. What can I get you?" the bartender asked as he eyed the cleavage peaking out from her low cut top.

"Old Fashion" she said curtly before casually scanning the other patrons at the bar.

By now the thrill of the hunt had moderated for her. In the early days of her turning her desperation mixed with any insecurities she had at the time had given her a rush as she sought out her prey. She'd found no shortage of men willing to leave with her though which afforded her the opportunity to select the ones that provided the greatest benefit.

Her attention was drawn to a lone man across the bar. The crisp lines of his suit well manicured appearance screamed wealth. As she caught his eye she gave him smile then maintained eye contact for a moment. It took little time for him to make his way around the bar to come sit beside her.

"Hi, I'm Dave." he said as he extended his hand.

"Jade." she said simply as she took his hand. She could tell he was droning on and on about something but his words were drown out by the pulsating sound of his heart beating that was filling her ears. Jade reached down placing her hand high on Dave's thigh then leaned into his ear.

"You want to get out of here Dave?" she asked.

Dave's eyes widened as he fished a stack of bills from his pocket and flicked two onto the bar. Jade's eyes were drawn to the stack of bills as she finished the last of her drink.

"Have any place in mind?" he asked eagerly.

"How about your place." Jade said running her hand across the bulge developing in his pants.

Without another word Dave led Jade out of the bar and down the street to his apartment. The door had barely closed before he pulled her into his arms smothering her lips with his own. Leaving a trail of clothing they made their way to the bedroom. As Dave stepped out of his pants Jade shoved him onto the bed. He was surprised by the force of her shove but gave it little thought in the moment as he watched her seductively strip her bra and panties off then climb on top of him.

Dave's hands cupped her breasts as she lowered herself onto him in one swift motion.

"God, you're so hot." he said breathlessly as he caressed her ample breasts.

Jade rocked her hips on top of Dave putting on a show for him before leaning down into his chest. Dave wrapped his arms around her pulling her full breasts tightly into his chest as he pumped his cock into her. Jade nuzzled his neck lightly feeling those fangs snick out from the recesses of her gums before parting her lips and sinking them into him.

The effects of the venom where instantaneous and Dave began to wildly thrust into her as he was overcome by the euphoria. Jade slammed her hips down meeting his thrusts as she continued to draw from his neck.

"Oh god!" he cried out as he erupted inside her. Dave found himself becoming light headed as he continued to empty himself into her.

Jade lay plastered on top of him as her own orgasm rocked her and she continued to draw mouthfuls of blood. The room went dark as Dave's cock twitched out it's final bursts.

Jade climbed off of his lifeless body then dressed in the darkened silence of his apartment. She retrieved the stack of bills from his slacks then wandered through the darkness helping herself to whatever struck her fancy before slipping out the door into the night.

As Jason and Lacey were curled up on the sofa enjoying a quiet evening when Jason's phone rang.

"It's the bar." he said to Lacey before answering. "Hey, what's up?"

"Hey, sorry to bother you but I've got the police here. I could use you if you can make it over here." Mike said in a solemn tone.

"Is everyone alright?" Jason asked concerned.

"Yeah, we're good but.... It's a long story." Mike said not wanting to get into all the details on the phone.

Jason hung up and turned to Lacey. "Sounds like we need to get to the bar. Something's up." he said before getting up and picking up his keys.

Traffic was light that late in the evening and they made it to the bar in little time. Throughout the drive they wondered about what was going on. As they entered the bar they found 2 uniformed policemen waiting for them. Jason and Lacey introduced themselves then led them to the office to talk.

As they made it to the office one of the officers produced a picture. "Do you know this man? We've heard he's a regular here and he was found dead this evening. Weird thing is, he was exsanguinated. "

Lacey could remember him. She'd found her mind remembered men and women easier there. As she looked at the picture she found herself recalling that he was one of the few 5 pm crowd who usually hung about later. Unlike the others, he tended to stay away from his fellow office workers. She recalled he usually dressed better than most. That probably meant he was higher up in one of the businesses. But he did usually go home with the occasional pretty woman.

She finally spoke to the two officers then. "He is, more to the weekend than the weekday. It's rarer to see him Monday to Thursday. Normally keeps more to himself, and sometimes goes home with someone. Never noticed a ring or a mark which details a ring. I've probably served him a time or two, so would have Jason. I don't think I have more I can add."

She allowed Jason time to add anything she might have not said that he knew was needed.

Jason had seen him in the bar a few times but couldn't really tell them more than Lacey was able to offer. The man's use of the word 'exsanguinated' set of alarm bells for him though. It's not a manner of death you typically hear on the news or in police dramas and the way he said it seemed like it was a new one on them.

"Not much more I can tell you." Jason said with a shrug.

"We talked with Mike earlier and he'd seen him in last night but said he disappeared quickly and he didn't notice if he'd left with anyone." The officer noted "Here's my card. If you can think of anything else that might be helpful, give me a call."

"Will do," Jason said as he took the card and led the officers back downstairs.

As the officers left he walked Lacey back up to the office.

"I might be crazy but it sounded like he might have been implying it was a vampire's work." he said as the closed the door. "Did you get that impression?"

Only once they were up there. "I don't think many folks would know my kind are out there. But me, personally, yeah I think some vampire did do it."

This had her frowning. "Maybe we should ring Aidan? It's beyond me to know how to find one. I don't know enough on how to be one."

She drew Jason to her then. Seeking to hold him to her while softly running her fingers against his back.

"Yeah, he probably needs to know." Jason agreed. He wasn't thrilled about the idea of bringing Aiden around Lacey was right. Neither of them would even now where to begin and he would know how these things were typically handled.

Aiden sat casually at the patio table out back as the fraternity party raged inside. He'd been just about to make his move on a sorority girl who'd just wondered out for some air when the notification sounded on is phone. He looked down at the text from Lacey. He hadn't expected to hear from her so soon so he was surprised to have received it. Though cryptic about what she wanted it seemed urgent.

"Your house, one hour." he replied with a sigh. He contemplated for a moment whether he still had time but decided against it. Rushing things is how he ended up in the situation he was in with Lacey he thought to himself as he got up and made his way back inside and out the door.

Jason watched over Lacey's shoulder as the reply came back. "We should probably get going." he said before leading her downstairs.

"Keep us posted if you hear anything." Jason said to Mike as they passed the bar. "I'll make a call in the morning to see if we can move up the security detail just in case."

Lacey gave Mike and the girls an understanding look. "Ring us, if there's trouble." Yes, she was double-downing on what Jason said. "Pass it about, hey Mike, uh, I'll include a bonus in this week's pay. Things like this are rattling, and I want you all to know, we appreciate you all working here, the time you put in and everything." She gave a warm soft smile to them.

Before she and Jason left. As they did she exhaled softly, reaching over to just touch his thigh as he drove them home. "I'm just hoping this other vampire is someone who blew into the city. Not that they're new and such. I mean. Aiden didn't say if there was more than him here permanently."

Worry colouring her expression she was silent for the rest of the ride home. Once they were inside she went straight into making a coffee. Seeking to, in the process of it pull Jason into her and just hold him. "I love you..."

"I love you too." Jason said holding her tight for a moment. He could tell she was as shaken as he was by the nights events.

Aiden crossed the campus towards Jason and Lacey's house. The gnawing hunger within him growing with each step. Though he was certainly well fed an interrupted hunt always left him with cravings that needed to be satisfied. The heartbeats of those he passed pulsed loudly in his ears as he made the turn onto their street then to the door. Taking a breath Aiden did his best to push the cravings aside before knocking.

"Guess that's him." Jason said releasing Lacey to open the door.

"Thanks for coming. Sorry we had to bother you." Jason said leading Aiden into the lounge room and offering a seat before taking a seat with Lacey on the sofa.

"Not a bother." he replied looking to Lacey as he spoke. "What's going on?"

Lacey took a moment before she spoke. It was more her collecting her thoughts into words. "There's a regular from the bar we own. He's uh, dead. Exsanguinated, according to the police who stopped by the bar."

Lacey didn't like saying that word, let alone hearing it. She did however instantly add, "I didn't do it. Jason knows I couldn't. The absolute most I've ever taken was three mouthfuls."

Aiden would know himself three mouthfuls wouldn't affect most folks. Provided they'd eaten first.

"I'm not careless. When I take from anyone in the bar, I take like a mouthful, give them happy thoughts and let them go... I've never followed someone home and killed them." She sounded very unsettled by it.

"But it means, I think, someone else, another Vampire." A word she didn't often use at all. "..came into our place of business and, uh, took him back to his place..." This had Lacey look to Aiden.

"How many of us in the city are there?"

Due to the population, about 13 he knew of. The Prince. His direct childe. An enforcer. A few very old ones, then they were more scattered from there down to about 70 years ago. Lacey was the first new one made here in this city, for the last seventy-odd years.

“That many?” Jason asked surprised to find out there were more than a dozen in the area.

Aiden shot Jason an annoyed look at his interruption. He accepted that Jason was in Lacey’s life and that he was good for her but he still couldn’t get himself to warm to him. It was just odd having a human, even if he was now a ghoul, on the inside.

“Yes, that many. And I know them all to be above reproach with regard to something like this.”

The thought of one of them breaking such a firm rule disturbed him and he feared, given what happened with Lacey, that he’d be looked at with suspicion for possibly turning another that didn’t turn out as fortunately as Lacey had.

“I’d like to keep this between us for now. At least until we figure out more of what’s going on. Hopefully whoever it is slips up and we’ll be able to find and deal with them.” What dealing with them meant was anyone’s guess at the moment. It could be as simple as turning them to a better path or something far more extreme.

“I have a way to access police reports. I’ll do some digging to see if this is an isolated instance or not. You all keep an eye out for anything suspicious. I’ll be in touch.” Aiden said is he got up to leave.

As he reached the door he paused. “Lacey, can I speak to you outside alone for a moment?”

When the door closed behind them he turned to her “I may need your help on this one if this turns out to be true. I think this needs to be handled as discreetly as possible. Can I count on you?” He asked looking into her eyes as he grasped her hand lightly.

After a kiss on Jason's cheek and a murmur that she'd be back.

Lacey casually walked out that door after Aiden, then shut it. Allowing them the privacy that she thought the much older vampire might be after. Given he'd called her purposely away from Jason.

As he took her hand into his she looked up at him concerned. Listening to his words she knew it meant that the only reason he was including her was it was her and Jason's business that linked back to it.

"Yes. Absolutely. I may not know more than you've told me about the world I live in now. But I don't want my start in it brought down because I didn't step up or something." Lacey offered him a faint slight smile.

"Is it going to make it easier on you, bringing my existence to the forefront? If I've helped you clean up someone else's mess?" What she didn't know is, it would help Aiden a lot if together they handled it. Also in handling it, they were able to go to the Prince with the name of who'd made this new vampire who was now causing issues. Many things could be smoothed over if it was already handled.

“Yes, it would make things easier for all of us. Thank you!” Aiden said giving her hand a light squeeze before turning to go.

Aiden knew without a doubt that if this came to light along with Lacey’s existence he’d be held accountable for all of it. He needed this to be resolved quickly before word started to spread.

Making his way back to his house his mind churned through the possibilities of how this might have happened. The most reasonable conclusion he could come to was an accidental turning just as he’d committed. Before Lacey it would have seemed absurd but he now knew just how easily things could go wrong.

Back at his home Aiden sat at his computer working through recent police reports. He still couldn’t believe the wealth of information at one’s fingertips these days. Having lived in times where a light bulb was a marvel the advance of technology astounded him. It was a useful tool though so he put the effort into learning to leverage it to his fullest advantage.

Within hours he’d found other suspicious reports and a clearer picture was starting to form.

As daylight approached he slipped into his darkened room for some rest before proceeding.

Lacey watched him go and turned hearing back in to Jason.

She found herself just walking up to him and hugging him tightly. "Hey...you." She said it softly, cheek buried against his chest.

"He asked if he could count on my help clearing this up. I said yes. Because I realised that this could impact negatively Aiden accidentally having made me. He could be blamed for making whoever is doing this. If that's the case, all of us likely die." It was a fairly grim realisation to have.

"So I don't know how yet but we're going to I suspect try and find whoever it is and take them down." It was a little eye opening for Lacey to admit this. She'd be helping kill another of her kind, and whoever made her. Two vampires would die, just so she, Aidan and Jason could live.

Jason held her tight knowing the gravity of the situation. He’d rather her not be involved but he understood that they had a far better chance of success if it was both of them.

“Sun’s going to be coming up soon. We should get some rest.” He said leading her into the bedroom.

Jason woke in the early afternoon to a group message from Aiden.

“Coming by at 5:00”

Looking at the time he remembered the appointment with the decorator that he had to make. He woke Lacey on his way out.

“Aiden is going to be here in 2 hours. I’m going to the apartment to see about furniture. Let me know what he says.” He said giving her a kiss before leaving.

At 5:00 Aiden arrived and knocked on the door.

Due to all this worry, Lacey realised this one thing. Only after Jason had fled. Two days ago was the last time she had blood.

Lethargic she crawled out and shivered as she moved through to shower. She came out of it looking pale, ghostly translucent skin.

Getting dressed she found herself quivering at times, it's why the moment she got into the kitchen she got herself coffee made and then huddled up on the couch with it. A blanket wrapped about her there. A block of chocolate open and pieces getting nibbled on to boost her some.

By the time Aiden was knocking on her door again, she was still pale and with little energy. It perhaps would surprise him she opened that door and slipped back out of the way to allow him inside. It's perhaps easy for him to know instantly what was wrong. She hadn't fed.

"Come in.. please." Said to Aidan.

Last edited:
Back