2023 "Tales of Leinyere" Story Event: Official Support Thread

Nouh_Bdee

Smutweaver
I am posting this thread to officially kick off the "Tales of Leinyere” Story Event. Laurel will be creating the Event Page shortly - and submissions can be sent in between January 1st and January 16th, with a Saturday January 21st Go Live Date. That's SIX WHOLE MONTHS AWAY. That’s plenty of time!

What (or where) is Leinyere?

“Tales of Leinyere” is a collection of stories set in the same fantasy universe. Any writer who wants to participate can write any story that fits the site's guidelines: from epic tales of star-crossed lovers in the midst of continent-spanning war; to interracial trysts between burly, violent orcs and haughty, graceful elves; to the clandestine efforts of queens scrambling to provide heirs for sterile kings; to dubiously consensual fucking between brigands and either the princesses, or common maidens confused for princesses, that they’ve abducted; to incestuous romps in the hay-strewn barns of rural direcow (or hucow if the authors introduce them) farms. The world is being built as the writers write, and we will use this forum thread to suggest facts, locations, people, and events that cross over from story to story, complete with a map worthy of the first page in a dusty paperback and an official timeline of the continent of Leinyere.

What Leinyere is like, the various kingdoms, cities, and landscape, as well as its inhabitants, cultures, and sexual mores, has been and will continue to be illuminated by the authors themselves as they worldbuild within their own stories, just doing our best not to contradict each other. We have elves, orcs, catfolk, and many other fantasy races from various tribes, kingdoms, and alliances. Who else will populate our world?

Want to read the exciting Tales of Leinyere that have already been written? Here is a link to last year’s stories:

2022 Tales of Leinyere

Here is a map of our lovely continent, named by a combination of two pre-existing fantasy languages to coin a word that means “world of sexual desire”. Of course, that etymology only means anything to us, and not to Leinyere’s inhabitants:

Map of Leinyere

As you can see, national boundaries, as well as locations of cities, ruins, dragon dens, and other landmarks are filling in, but large swathes of the map are still literarily untamed. That’s because you, the writers of these stories, are inventing these locations as you write your stories. Please communicate with me as you do and I will continue to fill in this map with details as time goes on. In fact, if your story would benefit from literally changing the landscape of the continent, please talk to me about it, because this map is editable.

And here is our timeline of the history of this world:

Timeline of Leinyere's History

Will the events of your story be notable enough to warrant an entry in the timeline, or are your characters simple folk trying to survive and leave behind descendants in a world of monsters and magic. Will your story take place hundreds of years after The Destruction of the Ancients or thousands? Similar to the map, I will fill in details on this timeline as I’m made aware of them.

I will also maintain a Notes Doc with background information about Leinyere, which can be found here:
Leinyere - Notes

This contest is also open to the Adult Comics and Erotic Art categories, as well, and there is a corresponding thread in the Visual Artist’s Corner here on the forum to discuss those. Click this link to find it:
Visual Artist's Thread

Audio stories are also more than welcome!

Feel free to collaborate, in either thread, on stories inspired by visual art and artwork inspired by stories.

This thread is to SUPPORT and ENCOURAGE authors to enter stories in the 2023 "Tales of Leinyere" Story Event. If you have questions, post them here and someone will answer. It might be me, it might be someone else here but don't be shy. Ask.

If you're a first time writer, or this is the first time you're putting a story into an "Event" on Literotica, hey, don't get stressed about it. You don't have to have written anything before to write for this event. This isn’t a “by invitation only” event. This is not a competition. There are no scores and no prizes.

We’re just writing for fun with a bunch of other writers doing the same thing. If you're not sure about what to do, how to submit your story, or anything at all in fact, just ask here. I know I’ve been there and there are a bunch of very helpful people here to pass on their experience.

So, without further ado, are you interested in writing a story for the “Tales of Leinyere” Literotica Story Event? Get started! First time writers and veteran Literoticans alike are all invited and encouraged to participate. Post the name of your story here so we can all see it and I'll keep a running list going in this thread.

The Rules are simple:
  1. The story must be set on the fictional continent of Leinyere (including nearby islands), or some other magical realm accessible only from Leinyere.
  2. Try not to contradict any of the history or natural laws of this world, as described in this thread and any linked resources. If differences are irreconcilable, let’s use a “dibs” system, although I doubt that will be necessary.
  3. Please communicate, in this thread (or, if you don’t want to for any reason, PM me about it so I can see if it changes the world in a way that needs to be included somewhere), any world-building details you create in your story: Kingdom Boundaries and Descriptions, Prominent Historical Figures, Natural Events, etc.
  4. Any subject, any category, any length you like.
  5. Author must include the phrase "Tales of Leinyere" in the "Notes" field of the submission. We recommend that you COPY & PASTE it into the NOTES field to avoid typos.
  6. Please use “Leinyere” as a story tag.
  7. All entries to be submitted by 11:59pm, Monday January 16th - with a Go Live Date of Saturday January 21st. You can submit any time between January 1st and January 16th. All stories will be posted on Saturday January 21st.

That’s it.

So, what are we waiting for?! Let's get started!

Here's a list of the planned stories so far:

"One Divine Evening" by Nouh_Bdee
“That Poor Gnome Is Captured By Orcs” by Nouh_Bdee
“That Poor Gnome Meets The Fey” by Nouh_Bdee

If you've committed a story for this event and I haven't added you to this list, please let me know!

Last edited:
Subscribed.

I enjoyed this last year, and my story was well-received, but I always find the world-building part is a lot more enjoyable than the actual story-writing.

I'll see how I feel about taking another trip into the wilds above Whitelinen Vale.

Subscribed.

I enjoyed this last year, and my story was well-received, but I always find the world-building part is a lot more enjoyable than the actual story-writing.

I'll see how I feel about taking another trip into the wilds above Whitelinen Vale.
Well, if you do, I’m sure it’ll be as brilliant as the first one!

Thanks for kicking this off, Nouh. I had an idea for Gll, the Anocot and what he gets up to back home.

Working title: "An Anocot date - hunting, fighting and fucking in the snow."

Now, with any sort of luck, Blind_Justice will chip in with his Anocot tale. 😎

Last edited:
Yeah, last time didn't work out thanks to the nadir of my depression. Things look a little better, so depending on my schedule, I might revive my plot kitten and see about the "Curse of Seamount". If I can churn out more than 30k words within a month, making good on my story promise until January should be a breeze.

This sounds like fun! The best time I've had writing this year has been a fantasy-based story, I'll have to check the notes and timeline to see if there's a corner of Leinyere than needs an injection of weird

This sounds like fun! The best time I've had writing this year has been a fantasy-based story, I'll have to check the notes and timeline to see if there's a corner of Leinyere than needs an injection of weird
There are large sections of the map that have had essentially nothing defined about them! Feel free to create a new country or region!

If it is not too much of a PITA can we maybe get a list of what stories correspond with what regions from last year? It would help with continuity.

Follow up question. Is all of Leinyere south of the tropics (and thus temperate) or are the northern portions of Leinyere in the tropics, and if so where's the cutoff? (not wanting a tropical location, more wanting to avoid an issue by putting something somewhere that doesn't make sense)

If it is not too much of a PITA can we maybe get a list of what stories correspond with what regions from last year? It would help with continuity.
Yes! Good idea! I will work on this!

Also, I’m pretty sure we decided last year that the entire continent is in the Southern Hemisphere, so the north coast would be as tropical as Leinyere gets. Somebody please tell me if I’ve misremembered, though.
As for whether it’s tropical or not, I’ve mentioned in one of mine that Malkas is warm enough to be full of nudists, and I know AspernEssling had some swimming going on off the northern coast in Smitten, but it hasn’t been defined more concretely than that, so feel free to make that more explicit in your story!

yeah we decided its purely southern. Just trying to see if its outside the tropics or partially in them. What do people think? make it more reverse Europe where the North is like... Italy/Greece? or like, reverse asia where the north is like.. India?

Yes! Good idea! I will work on this!

Also, I’m pretty sure we decided last year that the entire continent is in the Southern Hemisphere, so the north coast would be as tropical as Leinyere gets. Somebody please tell me if I’ve misremembered, though.
As for whether it’s tropical or not, I’ve mentioned in one of mine that Malkas is warm enough to be full of nudists, and I know AspernEssling had some swimming going on off the northern coast in Smitten, but it hasn’t been defined more concretely than that, so feel free to make that more explicit in your story!
I like this, with a tropical continent we can modify our weather by moving inland if we want hotter, or going up a mountain if we want colder.

Leinyere has pixies now!

• Pixies
    • The Pixies are deeply in tune with nature and have powerful magic capabilities. They are also very reclusive and use their magic to maintain their hidden status in a forest that repels or consumes invaders.

Here's a document with a legend and a link to a map with story locations flagged. If I got your story location wrong, please tell me!

https://***************/document/d/1BfWOqt1oKZrkDl-EyfKc6IQGLVEIVIEJIe2Zimmz16s/edit?usp=sharing

Back