πŸ†β€οΈβ€πŸ©ΉπŸ† Dicknations for Sassy! Updates & Get Well Wang πŸ†β€οΈβ€πŸ©ΉπŸ†

Yikes!

I know people who've managed to get the discount. Girlfriend with heart medicine - several thousand a month for her script, but all but free with the card.

If not, maybe a GoFundMe? Or something.
I know. I really hope it ends up being covered

My daughter mentioned the Go fund me. I just hate asking for help. πŸ˜ͺ

Cancer is fucking expensive. *sigh* They just called to tell me my injectables will be or could be $500. Each Chemo. So twice a month.
They are going to look into a discount pharmacy card to help. But holy hell.
Jesus. How does the average person afford such treatment?

I know. I really hope it ends up being covered

My daughter mentioned the Go fund me. I just hate asking for help. πŸ˜ͺ
Do the GoFundMe, Sassy.

If you can't get a pharmacy card.

I get it. I hate to ask for help. With a passion.

But, you know, sometimes you just need a hand. Everyone does. πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

The site is easy. Set up for people to donate, if and how much they choose. No pressure.

Worrying about the medical bills cannot be good for your stress and recovery levels.

:rose:

Jesus. How does the average person afford such treatment?
I had a recent blip that requires some pricey short-term medication.

My insurance is commercial, and covers the entire script. (Not all commercial insurance does.)

With government funded insurance it’s a tossup. Either it’s not covered or the co-pay may be astronomical.

The script runs $4000+ a month out of pocket.

Our insurance system is a hideous mess.

(Commercial being insurance provided by employers to employees, in case you’re unfamiliar with the term.)

Do the GoFundMe, Sassy.

If you can't get a pharmacy card.

I get it. I hate to ask for help. With a passion.

But, you know, sometimes you just need a hand. Everyone does. πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

The site is easy. Set up for people to donate, if and how much they choose. No pressure.

Worrying about the medical bills cannot be good for your stress and recovery levels.

:rose:
Thank you. That was very kind of you. You are always so sweet. And no. Stress hasn't helped.
🌹🌹🌹🌹

Well. Good news and bad news. The MRI showed no issues. Everything looks good. The bad news. No answers there to explain the abdominal pain. Now I wait to hear what the next step is.

I followed the advice you offered of the go fund me and swallowed my pride. I'm not sure why asking for help is so hard. I guess because I feel so useless right now. No amount of arguing with myself makes it less so. I know that I am going through a lot. I know that my body is being poisoned. I know that I need to go easy on myself. But watching everyone around me pick up my slack and know that I can barely help. Sucks. It really hurts.

We here for you beautiful. Venting helps. Hoping they find what's making you hurt. Stay tough love. πŸ«‚πŸŒΉπŸ€ͺ

Sweetie. No matter what your doing the right thing. You're doing what you need to do. Don't ever second guess yourself. You do what is right for you and your family. That's what matters now. πŸ˜˜πŸ€—

Well. Good news and bad news. The MRI showed no issues. Everything looks good. The bad news. No answers there to explain the abdominal pain. Now I wait to hear what the next step is.

I followed the advice you offered of the go fund me and swallowed my pride. I'm not sure why asking for help is so hard. I guess because I feel so useless right now. No amount of arguing with myself makes it less so. I know that I am going through a lot. I know that my body is being poisoned. I know that I need to go easy on myself. But watching everyone around me pick up my slack and know that I can barely help. Sucks. It really hurts.
Have y'alls done a Capsule Endoscopy???

That's how they ended up finding my Crohn's Disease.

I have not. The MRI was the first step.
OK.
I think you should bring it up with your PCP or if they've referred you to a Gastroenterologist, ask him/her about it.
Either way, I hope that they figure out what's wrong with you and get you on the medication or path that is needed.
πŸ«‚πŸ«‚πŸ«‚

I’m going to take this as good news. πŸ™‚

I’m sure they check for the easy and obvious bad possibilities first and, if they didn’t find those, then that is good news!

You did have serious surgery, your on loads of medications and not eating right, is it definitely not all of that?

We all need help sometimes. :heart:

OK.
I think you should bring it up with your PCP or if they've referred you to a Gastroenterologist, ask him/her about it.
Either way, I hope that they figure out what's wrong with you and get you on the medication or path that is needed.
πŸ«‚πŸ«‚πŸ«‚
Thank you. I Googled it. Seems like a good thing. And yes I definitely already have the gastroenterologist so I will talk with her. πŸ’‹
I’m going to take this as good news. πŸ™‚

I’m sure they check for the easy and obvious bad possibilities first and, if they didn’t find those, then that is good news!

You did have serious surgery, your on loads of medications and not eating right, is it definitely not all of that?
I'm sure that all plays a part in how I feel. But it's definitely not the cause of the pain. Having half my pancreas removed probably has just pissed off everything inside. So there could be a million reasons for the pain. I just don't like being on pain meds so I'd like to find the problem. πŸ’‹
We all need help sometimes. :heart:
I've needed lots of help for years. 😜

Thank you. I appreciate you. πŸ’‹

Does the hospital offer counseling services, Sassy?

I would think these types of feelings are not uncommon. It's a tough situation. Most of us place some value in our independence or what we can do for others, and any type of extended illness robs us of a little piece of that sense of self.

The surgery recovery and chemo hits and pain don't help. If the hospital doesn't, surely they have a group they can recommend.

I've heard it can be helpful.

So sorry. This is hard. :rose:

Glad you started the GoFundMe. πŸ‘Š

If you feel comfortable you should share the go fund me here, I’m sure all of your Lit friends would like to help you.

Back