In this thread, Litsters solve awkward problems for other Litsters

Did you ever have an issue that was awkward to raise and you are afraid your friends will think less of you for asking? Well, we are all at least moderately anonymous here so ask away and see if you get some top notch advice from the devious minds of lit.

I'll start. My wife has a habit of inviting her parents (and often other family) to events that weren't designed for such things. They are elderly and have health issues and instead of enjoying friends, we end up doing things to include them and adjusting dinner times. I wouldn't mind if it was occasional or if she asked me rather than "I think my parents are going to come if you don't mind." There are times I do mind but I don't know how to say it. Thinking I am just going to ask her to discuss BEFORE extending the invite. What say you lit?

Feel free to tell me I'm being an ass.
I when telling your wife about the event or planning it that is the time to approach this, gently say can it just be us and friends this time and we can plan to include family the next time. Who knows she may feel you expect her to include family. Or she includes family because she feels their days are numbered

We are an elderly couple. I have ed. Like to find a couple with whom we could have some fun with and the man could enjoy my wife. We are not looking for a single man, there are many single man. We want a couple, a man and a woman, and the man would have my wife occasionally. The woman must be aware of this sharing situation and totally agree to it.

Back