cyber love

StormyWindows

Really Experienced
So I need some help answering a question an probably know this has been discussed here before?

Is it possible to find real love via a non face to face connection that is formed online, especially if you been chatting for a few years...?

I have always been of the opinion if you open your heart even a little you open the door for love to tap you on the shoulder.

Thoughts?

At this point, if you haven't seen a face, heard a voice, and I don't mean a still picture...

Shit, even voices can be faked...

Let me just say, don't wire them money and if you meet in person, they may turn out to be a different sex than you thought they were...

So I need some help answering a question an probably know this has been discussed here before?

Is it possible to find real love via a non face to face connection that is formed online, especially if you been chatting for a few years...?

I have always been of the opinion if you open your heart even a little you open the door for love to tap you on the shoulder.

Thoughts?

Yes.:heart:

Yes. I have experienced it more than once. I like falling for someone's mind... the actual act of meeting is often not an option, but when the two have come together, for me, it has been amazing.

At this point, if you haven't seen a face, heard a voice, and I don't mean a still picture...

Let me just say, don't wire them money and if you meet in person, they may turn out to be a different sex than you thought they were...

Even if they are of the opposite sex, there are some cruel people out there that get off on making people miserable. They think nothing of playing with someone's feelings because it amuses them. Maybe I'm a pessimist, but I've seen too many people shit on by others when they didn't deserve it. I used to have a Pollyanna view on shit like this, but not anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:

Completely get that. Barring those things like if you know those things are not present.

Even if they are of the opposite sex, there are some cruel people out there that get off on making people miserable. They think nothing of playing with someone's feelings because it amuses them. Maybe I'm a pessimist, but I've seen too many people shit on by others when they didn't deserve it. I used to have a Pollyanna view on shit like this, but not anymore.

Agree some people get kicks off of that but I think there are genuine people out there without sounding naive.

I think it's absolutely possible. I've experienced it. But some people find it much easier to walk away from a love they connected with online. It's much more difficult to judge how reciprocal the connection is, compared to an in-person connection.

I'd point out, though, that people lie and misrepresent themselves in "real-life" relationships as well.

SG

Back