Lit Homeless Shelter

A couple of things made me curate my experience.

First, there was a person I let myself feel particularly close to. For over a year, I let this person in deeper and deeper. And I tried to be the best friend I knew how to be. Then one day, out of the blue, they informed me that I added to their stress. They either couldn't or wouldn't tell me just how that was. So, I did the only thing I knew how to do. I quit telling them things. And I quit asking them things. It's been a while and eventually, they quit talking to me at all. No idea if they are even still alive or not.

But, if all I can be is a burden, then I see no reason to remain and every reason to fade away.

Second, I've always gotten my fair share of "tl;dr" comments. I used to find them funny. I mean, seriously. Ok, so you don't want to read all that? Then, don't. But, there is a certain type of person on these infernal nets that can't just not read or not listen, but has to nominate themselves the Curator in Charge of Concision. I would type a response to a question that was, quite literally, painful as it felt that some asshole replaced the keys on my keyboard with heated needles hooked to electrical current. And once I hit submit, I'd have to lie down until the nerve pain receded below my elbows once more. Only to find, when I returned, that I'd been critiqued not for anything I said, but just for length. I remember once I tried to participate in an audio files thread and the only response I remember was "too long." Well, pardon me for having to pause and catch my breath since a combination of health issues have made it difficult to breath or speak.

The message I took was that nothing I have to say is worth reading or listening to. So, why bother putting myself through the sometimes excruciating pain of doing so?

So, yeah. These days, I just randomly drop by and post a song or a meme. I see no point nor purpose in doing more since I would either a) be a burden or b) not be worth reading or listening to.

69420976-silly_cat_chillin_in_a_cardboard_box_392.jpg

I believe the key to a pleasant Lit experience is not having expectations. Don't visit with preconceived ideas or hopes, but visit with an open mind and heart. It's not always exactly what you need, but it can and has provided me many different wonderful things over the years. Most recently, in the last year my loving and amazing Master.

I've been very lonely here lately. No one talks to me. I'm sure many have me on the ignore list. Even the few who say they are friends, never PM me to check up.

I feel like there is nothing I can contribute to threads, because my life is so different. I don't have sexy exploits to share. I don't have a marriage or kids to complain about. I don't work in an office or anything, Im a security guard.

Most people ignore the posts I do make. And yes, I tend to go on depression orgies of self destructive postings. But even when it's something else I post, it gets overlooked.

I'm invisible here as well as in rl. Not one person seems to see anything in me worth paying any kind of attention to. Maybe it's just because I've worn out my welcome and pissed everyone off.

Anyway, I just needed to put this somewhere. Carry on.
Chin up dude.. being a capricorn is a struggle but we got wisdom for days even if the common folk dont recognize it

Thank you for starting this thread, muddler. Reading through the history tonight, it hit a lot of different notes and feels within me that are very similar.

In general/in real life, I’ve always felt like an outsider. Different. Don’t make friends easily, but when I do - I’ve got your back forever.

When we got our first computer as a kid, the internet as a teenager, it opened up this world of people to meet and talk to. Somewhere I could stand up and say hello… without literally standing up and saying hello. πŸ˜‚ (This is a big deal, for my fellow introverts!)

Later, I’d say - my late teens and early 20s - was my β€œgolden age” where I found that blend of extroverted introvert. And it felt mostly natural, like myself. I could get along with anyone. Lend an ear to anyone. Folks wanted to talk and hang with me.

As the years passed and I’ve gotten older (heavy sigh!) I notice that there’s really… just introvert left, mostly. I crave the human interaction, but I don’t want the fluffy… er, at least not all the time. πŸ˜‰ (I still want that close bond, for example: seeing a meme that I know someone will like, and I feeling compelled to share it.) I want to geek out. I want to get bubbly. I want to be wholly, genuinely me (and I’m slowly rekindling that sense of, I’m desirable as wholly, genuinely me).

I’ve gotten big feels here, been open book here, had so much crazy sexy fun message time here… the connections are delicious. I have friends I’ve connected with off Lit. I’ve explored the thoughts of my own wants and desires in an open, non-judgmental space. The connections, tho… fuck yes, when they work.

My history on Lit is short, but I’ve already seen those flickers shine hot and heavy, and wane. It may just be the way love is in general, methinks.

I feel like, as I’m winding down this book of a post, that I should have prefaced that it’s like a Seinfeld episode: all about nothing. πŸ˜‚ In reality, it’s about all the things.

I hope this tired, post-work book makes a semblance of sense, anyway. I think it will… you all seem like good people. πŸ₯° Thanks for the home for the night.
You write almost as beautifully as you look
Thanks for sharing

I feel like I have roamed around Lit for a while now. I discovered Lit during the COVID era, but finally made an account in mid April of 2022. I have roamed some of the threads, but I haven't talked at all in the chat area nor made a story yet. I feel I have made a few friends in the 18 months, but made more enemies than friends. There are definite times where I can browse threads or answer a PM, but life seems to be getting busier, so Lit will take a backseat for when I have time again.

I’ve seen lots of posts like those in this threadβ€” someone saying they feel alone and out of place here, or that many here dislike them. Often, I’m so surprised because it seems like they are very well-liked and fit in so easily. I have a totally different perspective than they do.

I feel like there are times when I’ve hit Lit at just the right time- the right mix of people, the right topics, and have time to post, and Lit has been a good fit for me that day or maybe that week. But that is fleeting and there are other times when I don’t click with anyone or the conversation goes too quickly or I’ve bumped into someone I don’t get along with, and then Lit feels very lonely. That’s when it is a good time to either take a step away or to find threads where I just enjoy posting for myselfβ€” usually a baseball thread, or music thread, or something like that.

When it feels like more of a chore being here, that’s when my time and energy are better spent elsewhere.
You hit the nail on the head with the hammer. I feel this way a lot recently.

Back