Lit Homeless Shelter

I think creating a thread with the explicit purpose of excluding someone is rude but freedom is freedom indeed. I just think if the intention is to be hurtful that’s not ok… like why bother? Why not just ignore the person you don’t like interacting with?
Or go to a place where you're comfortable instead of being in a hostile environment? Yeah, I get that.

• Love
Reactions: Cat
I’ve been reading stories off and on for over 10 years here. I finally stuck my pinky toe in the threads like last year.
Do I feel like home here? No. Have I made friends here? I’m thinking not really. It’s more like there’s people I can talk too. They laugh with or at me depending on the day. I think.

So, you don't think people should be able to do things or start threads where they feel comfortable? 🤔

Didn't you say before that you've started threads where people can feel comfortable?

I have a thread that I will tell Lancegibs to GTO out of each and every time. Or anyone else who is there to be creepy or thirsty or think it's an place to advertise their needs.

It's a public forum and I, myself, will not go to threads where I'm uncomfortable or where someone I don't like is posting. Hell, I sometimes walk away from Lit if they're all over the board. It's called being an adult and taking responsibility for my own feelings and emotions. 🤷‍♀️
BFG I am not going to engage further. This whole thing did not include you and I am unclear why this is something you wanted/needed to insert yourself in and bring back up. I highly doubt the person it did reference watches what and where I post. I will say that we completely agree on this.
It's called being an adult and taking responsibility for my own feelings and emotions. 🤷‍♀️
and I am sorry this caused such a hoopla @muddler35

I love and appreciate all the responses. I guess it’s my turn. I started this thread for a beloved friend with the hopes that people would share their stories openly, and you all have. Thank you. I never thought that I would tell my story here, but y’all are such an inspiration.

When I first started interacting on Lit, I met someone very quickly, and spent my time and energy with her. I wasn’t here for awhile. Things didn’t work out romantically for us although she is still a very dear and treasured friend.

I came back to Lit during the pandemic. I was away from home and it was my social outlet. You couldn’t go out and meet new people at that time. I formed a very tight knit tribe, but as many others have said, there is an ebb and flow. People come and go for various reasons. My tribe has been scattered to the four winds. I miss them every day.

I’ve kinda found a new home here. Thank you @JerseyJade and your merry band of misfits for welcoming me and allowing my jackassery. I feel so much better surrounded by people who pretend to hate me (all in fun) than I would surrounded by people that pretend to love me again. (That sucks)

I sincerely apologize to the people that have reached out and I have been lax in responding. I promise that it’s not personal, I’m just a little gun shy of making new friends right now. I’m still getting used to the ebb and flow, and I’m not great at losing people.

Thank you so much to my friends that are always there. I love you all.

End of diatribe.

Edit: one of the questions I asked in the original post was, “Have you found love?” That is a big ol yes from me. I have been fortunate enough to find my person here. I love you to bits @Annabelle36

Last edited by a moderator:
I love and appreciate all the responses. I guess it’s my turn. I started this thread for a beloved friend with the hopes that people would share their stories openly, and you all have. Thank you. I never thought that I would tell my story here, but y’all are such an inspiration.

When I first started interacting on Lit, I met someone very quickly, and spent my time and energy with her. I wasn’t here for awhile. Things didn’t work out romantically for us although she is still a very dear and treasured friend.

I came back to Lit during the pandemic. I was away from home and it was my social outlet. You couldn’t go out and meet new people at that time. I formed a very tight knit tribe, but as many others have said, there is an ebb and flow. People come and go for various reasons. My tribe has been scattered to the four winds. I miss them every day.

I’ve kinda found a new home here. Thank you @JerseyJade and your merry band of misfits for welcoming me and allowing my jackassery. I feel so much better surrounded by people who pretend to hate me (all in fun) than I would surrounded by people that pretend to love me again. (That sucks)

I sincerely apologize to the people that have reached out and I have been lax in responding. I promise that it’s not personal, I’m just a little gun shy of making new friends right now. I’m still getting used to the ebb and flow, and I’m not great at losing people.

Thank you so much to my friends that are always there. I love you all.

End of diatribe.
Are you trying to make me cry again??? :heart:

Are you trying to make me cry again??? ❤️
hi Muddler, I appreciate your own unique, entertaining, and fun brand of awesomeness that you bring to the threads everyday. Never stop being you! 🩷

Yeah. Whatever. You broads are always really nice just before you slip the finger in. I know how this game is played. A preemptive “Shuddit!” to @MedicalMuse

Y’all are among the very best. Thank you.

Interesting thread. I've just always been homeless. It's never bothered me I wasn't included in the groups here. Usually someone in a group would invite me somewhere but ive never felt like i am accepted by a whole group. But thats the thing about the internet. If people dont actually get to know you...you are stranger danger. I still pop in and out. I like it here. I feel like it's home to me. I just get to be me and say whats on my mind and then i can move along. I can come every day or miss a year. The names and faces change slightly but it's always lit. It's been here for me when nothing else has. I apperciate and like knowing i always have that. I have a few people from here I consider lifelong friends. Some I talk to daily even though they don't come here anymore amd some I can go months or years and doesn't matter we just pick up where we left off.
I've fallen in love. I've had heart break I've broken hearts.
Both in friendships and more. It's all a part of the lit experience I suppose if you allow it. People can only do to you what you allow.
But 18 years is a long time to stay anywhere. I feel like I grew up sexually with lit as my guide. And it's been an experience everytime. Good or bad. I always gravitate back to it.

Over the years, I have made some of the best friends here, and I have lost some. I have found love and have had my heart broken. I took a break for a couple years and when I came back, I was homeless and friendless. Over the past few months I have met some new amazing people and reconnected with some old ones that make this a place worth visiting again.

I don’t know if I ever feel homeless, but I’m still fairly new and settling in. I think if anything I flit around from thread to thread. Granted it might only be 3-4 but I kind of just go where I think there might be good, fun, thoughtful and spicy conversation. I don’t think I have one set group of friends but I definitely have people who I get happy when I see we’re interacting in the same threads and spaces. Those folks have become my reliable little village, and I can always count on them to provide the conversation, distractions or chuckles I need. I rarely venture out of the playground. With the exception of the Curvesday thread.

Maybe it’s not that I feel homeless but that I’m comfortable being a nomad of sorts. Have I found love on Lit? Lots of platonic love for sure, and I’m good with that. I’m not actively searching for love here. I’ve yet to be heartbroken and really hope I haven’t broken any. The Lit world is my home because I choose for it to be so and I’m enjoying experiencing it all. So how could I ever be without a home? 🥰

I am really glad to find this thread. I've been on Lit for ages, but dove into the Boards around Covid. It wasn't so much the pandemic as the 99.9% sexless marriage and my love of writing. I have established some good relationships, but also been ghosted by a few. That's tough on me.

This morning a new and delightful friend mentioned that she loved this thread until the drama crept in. Now she stays away from it. I’m not calling anyone out at all, but if you’ll read the original post, I think you will see that the intent was to create a safe place for people to openly share and support one another. People will have conflict. That’s life. I get that. I would ask that it not take place here. This was intended to be a bastion of kindness and understanding.

#nofightinginthehomelessshelter

I like the motivation behind this thread. It is good. It is positive. I support it in its entirety. But that means I will always be 100% honest.

No place is safe from drama. That's life. But it is how we look at it that matters to the only person that matters...ourselves. It is way better to see people as they are and learn from that than to open oneself up only to be hurt...devastated...later.

I view drama as a good thing. It flat out sucks in the moment. But there is life after and that is far more important.

I have not interacted with muddler. But I have watched how he has interacted in certain threads. To the person that no longer visits here...that is a mistake. I believe his threads are good threads...and because of that...draws far more good people towards them than a few sour apples. Life is what we make it. Drama will find each and every thread on Lit sooner or later. But so will the joy we find here.

@Paul_Chance and @Dribble both make valid points. Conflict is part of life. I was in the wrong for trying to regulate other people’s behavior. I know both of the people involved to be good people. The friend I spoke of had recently been through some lit drama of her own, and was understandably avoidant of it here. I too hope she returns. There is too much positivity and support from all here to let a little hiccup ruin the experience for anyone.

This morning a new and delightful friend mentioned that she loved this thread until the drama crept in. Now she stays away from it. I’m not calling anyone out at all, but if you’ll read the original post, I think you will see that the intent was to create a safe place for people to openly share and support one another. People will have conflict. That’s life. I get that. I would ask that it not take place here. This was intended to be a bastion of kindness and understanding.

#nofightinginthehomelessshelter
So you're Canadian, huh? 😲

Back