A question for those of you who have met up with a friend you met online

Today was a good day to update this since I just posted our picture. But out of the many Litsters I have met. 4 years ago today, I got to meet @13Fantasies Because of our height differences. I had always told him that if we were ever near one another, I wanted a picture. He came to Seattle for work and we spent a few hours around Seattle, then I drove him to the airport. We found a super cool glass blowing place and had lunch there. https://forum.literotica.com/threads/show-us-your-face-vol-6.1558088/post-96664160
That is a great picture - you're right, the height difference makes for a very cool shot!

I've never intentionally met anyone from lit. The unintentional was horrible, but that's another story.

I have met a couple of guys online first and then in person. All but 1 turned out to be serial cheaters with at least 1 gf and/or wife back home. I don't think all men are this way, it's just my weird personal experience. That being said I wasn't looking to hook up the second I met them so the truth came out before the clothes came off.
It was weird in one situation when I met his ex-wife, and she pulled me to the side when he went to the bathroom and told me he was a cheat. So, yeah that ended pretty quickly. I mean taking me to meet your ex and child on a first day/date is a bad sign, her giving me that info was worse.

I am reasonably a lot more cautious and standoffish now than I was in my 20s.

I think I may have mentioned it, but I am meeting an ex-Litster and a current Litster in New Jersey at the end of this month when the ex-Litster is getting married to her new fiance.
I can't wait. Hug numbers 8 and 9.

Not from here but it was the same. A little bit of nerves at first. Those were quickly gone. Then we were the same as always. All giggles and side jokes. Even though we were adults it was like being at the lunch table in high school. Tons of laughs!

I met both a lover and a husband here on Lit. The lover didn't last but the husband has been mine for 15 years.

The chemistry was insane with both. Husband and I met with the intention of fucking ourselves silly but quickly realized that the fucking was so good we might as well make it permanent.

At this point in our relationship, we've decided on an open marriage and are both pursuing potential lovers. I'd totally be up for meeting one of my flirts from Lit IRL.
I too have met many lovers and my current wife of 20 yrs online (the old Yahoo chat). Many of the lovers were normal, fun, and sincere ladies but there were a few crazies mixed in as well. That's what makes the world so interesting, right? I didn't know Lit was available back then but have certainly enjoyed it once I discovered it.

If you have met up with a friend you first met and got to know online, I’m curious how the chemistry was in person?

Was it the same or different? Was there any awkwardness or did it feel like you had known each other forever?

If there was a sexual or romantic connection online with the person you met, was it still there in person? Were you even more attracted to them when you met? Or less? Did they look how you expected they would based on pics you had seen? Any surprises? Did the relationship continue online after you met or did it fizzle out?

Please share your experiences of meeting your online friends in person, I’d love to hear them.

*Dirty details are encouraged but not required :D😉
Yes - my wife and I met him in a hotel room. An electric atmosphere and much blushing to begin! lol

Attachments

• r1.jpg
    r1.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 46
I have met up with a few people offline but not in several years. Couple in my area and one not (but moved for awhile).

Meeting up was a little nervous but mostly excited to see them.

Things went well but then not well with one. The others were fun but short involvement (few months).

The first meeting can be strange as it’s different talking in person, but it went well and we saw each other for about a year ☺️

If you have met up with a friend you first met and got to know online, I’m curious how the chemistry was in person?

Was it the same or different? Was there any awkwardness or did it feel like you had known each other forever?

If there was a sexual or romantic connection online with the person you met, was it still there in person? Were you even more attracted to them when you met? Or less? Did they look how you expected they would based on pics you had seen? Any surprises? Did the relationship continue online after you met or did it fizzle out?

Please share your experiences of meeting your online friends in person, I’d love to hear them.

We met here, Lit. We graduated to chatting , then outside Lit and that led to some pictures. Of course I wanted to “see” her, but she was persuasive and saw me naked first, and most.

We finally met at her house. Both of us married, her husband and kids left to run to the store for some dinner things and about as soon as they were out of the driveway she reminded me of some of the things we had said and I was beginning to strip for her.

That in-person time together lasted several months while I was an assignment in her area, and she really enjoyed my being nude for her—so I was happy to comply!

Recently she sent me a text and wanted me to edge for her. So I did.

I have met a few over the years, and it was always good, some just stayed as friendships, some became more

I've had this turn out in just about every way, mostly because I met people from the internet back when it was still a new and unusual way to meet. I've begun at least one serious relationship with someone met online, have had a few just fizzle immediately in person, and most possibilities in between. Many are still friends of mine, though I confess that after meeting them in person, we either put our energy into spending time in person or our online interactions eventually petered out.

So since I posted last on this thread, I went to that ex-Litster's wedding.
A different Litster couldn't make it, so I am only on 8 on my hug list.

I went to see a different one at the beginning of June. Since I hugged her before, they don't add to the list.
I had a great time hanging out with my friend and helping her around her apartment.

A Lit visit doesn't have to be sexual to enjoy it. Sometimes it's just about enjoying time with them.

Last person met/got to know on-line:
Good chemistry in person.
No awkwardness. We had gotten to know each other fairly well (but not to known forever level) just by chatting and photos.
Sexual connection was still there in person. Yes, more attracted meeting.
She looked just like I saw in photos.
Relationship continued. She moved in with me about 3 months later.

Last on-line pursuits were about 8 years ago, until I met the above woman on-line. I only went to on-line seeking because the women I was looking for was for a long-term relationship, and at least with sex benefits for ultimately a live-together companionship. None at the bar where I was doing karaoke for a long time were looking for long term relationships and I grew weary of those that I had sex with that were interested only in one-night stands. (I knew that before I went to bed with them for the "one night").
I grew weary of the one-night-stands, because I hoped the one-night stand would change their minds if we were to click. They were just hungry for sex and had no problem fucking for one night only. They didn't have any complaints about the sex I was aware of.

Before my GF above, I would guess I had met a dozen or so women from on-line activity. Only one ended up with any possibility from becoming long-term. That fizzled by being lost to a biker that introduced her to the thrill of riding on a motorcycle. I'll describe that one next post.

Last person met/got to know on-line:
Good chemistry in person.
No awkwardness. We had gotten to know each other fairly well (but not to known forever level) just by chatting and photos.
Sexual connection was still there in person. Yes, more attracted meeting.
She looked just like I saw in photos.
Relationship continued. She moved in with me about 3 months later.

Last on-line pursuits were about 8 years ago, until I met the above woman on-line. I only went to on-line seeking because the women I was looking for was for a long-term relationship, and at least with sex benefits for ultimately a live-together companionship. None at the bar where I was doing karaoke for a long time were looking for long term relationships and I grew weary of those that I had sex with that were interested only in one-night stands. (I knew that before I went to bed with them for the "one night").
I grew weary of the one-night-stands, because I hoped the one-night stand would change their minds if we were to click. They were just hungry for sex and had no problem fucking for one night only. They didn't have any complaints about the sex I was aware of.

Before my GF above, I would guess I had met a dozen or so women from on-line activity. Only one ended up with any possibility from becoming long-term. That fizzled by being lost to a biker that introduced her to the thrill of riding on a motorcycle. I'll describe that one next post.
The ONE (other than my last GF) lost to the biker:

She and I chatted on-line for at least a week before going to telephone. We talked daily on the phone for maybe another week. Discussion did become sexual when I just made an innuendo of how horny I was becoming. Otherwise, sex had never really been involved until then.

She then asked me how big I was? I asked her first if that was important and that I had never said anything about my size. She argued that I had because I brought "horny" into the discussion and therefore, her question was fair game. All I told her then was that I had MY 6 inches.

I was surprised when she responded, very emphatically, REALLY? I asked her why she was so surprised. She said that all the men she had ever been with, which she said weren't that many, were shorter than 6 inches, and her ex husband was closest to being the smallest of them all. She asked if I was lying. She said other men did. I told her no.

When she decided to meet on a Friday night, I went to where she lived, about a 45 minute drive. We went out, had a great time and went back to her place. We made out on the couch for a while with kissing and some touch feely, before she looked at me and told me she was going to have to take me to her bed. So, we ended up in bed. She found out I hadn't lied. Her reaction was precious. I stayed the rest of the night with her.

In the morning, before I thought we were going to have sex again, she told me we couldn't because her 19 yo daughter was asleep in the other bedroom. I never knew that. She also lamented that she had also made a date to be picked up in the afternoon by some guy on his motorcycle she had also been communicating with. She claimed she wished she had never made that date. I don't know if that was really true or just a way to a rejection. She was a petite with a fantastic body and I was tall and overweight. She was implying she didn't want to go with him after meeting me.

The next day when I talked to her she said the motorcycle riding blew her mind....and the sex with him was also great. He had 2 plusses and I had 1. Whatever was the truth, I guess she let me down easy. That was the end with her.

The one on-line friend I met in person was exactly who he said he was. We met several years ago on a couple of related forums and had a strong meeting of minds, often supporting each other’s interests and inspirations.

I get sapiosexual crushes and was crushing hard on this guy when he mentioned he was moving - to the same town I live in! We eventually met and our lives intertwined in many ways - nothing sexual but there was an ease of conversation and familiarity that went deep. We could be hanging out at social functions and share inside jokes and knowing looks while other people had no idea what was going on.

Cancer got him during Covid and left a hole that won’t be filled. I’m still friends with his widow.

(Edit: Aw heck, I don’t mean to be such a downer! I love remembering his fascinating stories… my life is better having known him.) :)
Such a human-reaffirming story. Thanks for sharing. Did his wife know you two were connecting? (sounds like she did eventually). Do you still keep in contact with her?

Such a human-reaffirming story. Thanks for sharing. Did his wife know you two were connecting? (sounds like she did eventually). Do you still keep in contact with her?

We have talked a few times and I’ve helped her out with a few of his unfinished projects, but our only connection is the memory of her husband. I asked her if I could write a sort of obituary for him on the forums we met on.

She’s a good strong person and seems to be doing well.

☺️

Back