attempting a politically correct personal ad

The last ad I posted here ...
Let me explain some facts to you:

1) There are at least 10 men here for every woman. That means the women can be very selective and that we have to woo them.
2) The women here are not dolls in a sex/relationship vending machine just waiting for you to pick them.
3) Women here have given you a lot of valuable input that would help make your experience here more enjoyable but you reject it all as if you think that by keeping on doing the same things you will get different results.
4) I have had wonderful conversations with women here who are a delight to know and play with. I haven't let those who declined (or simply never responded) define my experience here.
5) Showing respect opens minds and mailboxes. Your posts are dripping with disrespect for almost everybody. That works overtime against you.

I hope you find what you are looking for here. If the kind of comments you are consistently getting is really what you want then by all means continue doing what you've been doing. If not, maybe you should listen to what so many are trying to tell you.

61i0EPY.gif

The responses to the original poster make better reading than many a story posted on the website. The moment I read the original post I knew it would bring out the mob with blazing torches and pitchforks, demanding the monster be slayed lest it contaminate the purity of thought in the herd mentality.

Alas there wasn't much more than the usual talking points, no awards for originality in the responses. Misinterpretation to build the straw man before it is then set ablaze to the cheering crowd.

A tip of the hat for the OP's attempt to stray from the acceptable norm of moral rectitude. Every once in a while we have to give in to the dark side in order to tilt at a windmill.
LTMMC, MMM_wms, Lonelyhubby et al
Is that youuuuuuuuuuu???
I think it might beeeeeee!!!
Come on’ c’mere you need a wee cuddle too, don’t you
Bless yer wee cotton socks
😂😂

Good to know I wasn't misinterpreted. I was deeply concerned someone might assign some kind of diversity signaling to it. It warms my heart to know some of the classic male chauvinist traditions do not go unrecognized.

Thanks again!
You should be absolutely swimming in offers from women any minute now.

You should be absolutely swimming in offers from women any minute now.
Such was not my intent but I do acknowledge the compliment. I was not aware a simple literary gesture might trigger that type of response. Once again I am in your debt for supplementing my meager knowledge of what profound impact a few, simple words can bring to bear on our little society.

Such was not my intent but I do acknowledge the compliment. I was not aware a simple literary gesture might trigger that type of response. Once again I am in your debt for supplementing my meager knowledge of what profound impact a few, simple words can bring to bear on our little society.
How dare you mansplain Katie!

The OP is an interesting case. I've read through a number of his posts. He's obviously intelligent and not afraid to let people know he is. He seems to have progressive ideals, but his attitudes towards women is rooted in misogyny, e.g. his hostile attitude towards feminism. I suspect he's an older gentleman and it's probably a generational thing, perhaps acquired from his father.

What I find really fascinating about him is he regularly rails about Lit and especially the women here. Yet, he keeps returning time and time again. I lost track of the number of personal ads he's created amongst the alts that I know about. For someone who despises the people on Lit and has such a negative view of the female members here, he spends an inordinate amount of time here trying to attract one. It's almost like he has a masochistic streak in him, almost delighting in the abuse that's laid on him. Any good will he may have had at one time is long since lost.

I have to feel sorry for him. He's obviously starved for emotional attention. I do hope he finds someone who can give it to him, but I fear that Literotica isn't the place where he'll find it. He should move on elsewhere and start afresh. Otherwise he'll find more of the same

How dare you mansplain Katie!
My apologies but I must point out the fallacy in your comment. As should be obvious in reading the thread, I did not "dare". It was a deliberate act, executed without hesitation or doubt. Technique is determined by situational context. In this instance, the choice of method was dictated by content.

I have to feel sorry for him. He's obviously starved for emotional attention. I do hope he finds someone who can give it to him, but I fear that Literotica isn't the place where he'll find it. He should move on elsewhere and start afresh. Otherwise he'll find more of the same
Psychoanalyzing from afar has long been a popular pastime for all types of media. I'm reminded of a story about the great orator William Jennings Bryan. Sitting at a table with friends, smoking his trademark cigar, one of his friends pointed out that cigars were regarded as phallic symbols.

Holding the offending symbol in his hand, Bryan replied, "That may be true, gentlemen, but it's also a damn fine cigar."

Sometimes a thing is just what it purports to be, no deep secret behind it.

Psychoanalyzing from afar has long been a popular pastime for all types of media. I'm reminded of a story about the great orator William Jennings Bryan. Sitting at a table with friends, smoking his trademark cigar, one of his friends pointed out that cigars were regarded as phallic symbols.

Holding the offending symbol in his hand, Bryan replied, "That may be true, gentlemen, but it's also a damn fine cigar."

Sometimes a thing is just what it purports to be, no deep secret behind it.

jennifer-anniston-horny.gif

I regret I have no clever video to post in response. I must therefore concede defeat in the debate. I can only rely on my own poor skills; I have no ability to plagiarize videos in rebuttal.

Let me explain some facts to you:

1) There are at least 10 men here for every woman. That means the women can be very selective and that we have to woo them.
2) The women here are not dolls in a sex/relationship vending machine just waiting for you to pick them.
3) Women here have given you a lot of valuable input that would help make your experience here more enjoyable but you reject it all as if you think that by keeping on doing the same things you will get different results.
4) I have had wonderful conversations with women here who are a delight to know and play with. I haven't let those who declined (or simply never responded) define my experience here.
5) Showing respect opens minds and mailboxes. Your posts are dripping with disrespect for almost everybody. That works overtime against you.

I hope you find what you are looking for here. If the kind of comments you are consistently getting is really what you want then by all means continue doing what you've been doing. If not, maybe you should listen to what so many are trying to tell you.
This post right here? Hawt as fuck. 🔥

Yeah, we all took Psych 101.
Now I feel deprived, for I did not pursue the curriculum of the soft sciences (okay in the math dept we called them pseudo-sciences, but I'm trying to be tactful). The idea of daily commuting across a bridge built because "it feels right" rather than one designed to bear up under dynamic loading of wind shear never appealed to me.

However, I will concede my ignorance of the inner workings of the human mind and leave it to the experts of Psych 101 to explain what goes on inside a poster's head. You will pardon me if I express hope such suppositions remain in a quantum super-state and do not reach the level of an event horizon.

The last ad I posted here must have contained immensely offensive language against some women, so as a result it led to a thread with close to 200 posts, most of which containing insults hurled against me. And I would like to avoid that again. But what can a man write here these days that will NOT provoke the ire of somebody?

Now if I were a woman I’d be allowed to post anything – as that became obvious on my prior thread – or also a man who got brainwashed by today’s favorite ideology. But as soon as anybody here fails to worship the ideology of women’s moral superiority over most men, “the butter is brown”, as we say in my native language.

Just for nostalgic reasons, I perused personal ads of say 10 years ago, and in those days overly angry retorts did not happen, from people who felt personally insulted by remarks made inside personal ads. Could it be that people simply minded their own business then? And that they skipped personal ads that did not appeal to them. That they respected a personal ad as a statement, which was personal? If I understand the rules Literotica has set up, that’s still supposed to be the case; see the “sticky” posts at the beginning of this forum.

Now not offending anybody has become almost impossible these days, as a prominent article in the May issue of The Atlantic pointed out, the one with a facebook logo in its link to it, see below. Certainly I do not intend to offend any woman I target with my ad (hopefully it is still permissible to write the word target into an ad, when it is applied to a woman).

Now one way of avoiding any language that somebody might feel offended by is this: I suggest to you – dear woman I target with my ad – to read the ad I had embedded into my signature. And since hecklers and pirates of personal ads are usually unwilling to read much, they will not see anything offensive here. So I can wish you a wonderful day, and I hope to receive a response back from you in private.

Here the link to the “Atlantic” article: https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2022/05/social-media-democracy-trust-babel/629369/
You are allowed to post anything. But free speech isn't free. It comes with a social cost and sometimes legal cost. If you scream "Fire" in a crowded theater and there is no fire expect to be arrested for endangering the public safety.

If you post something that someone disagrees with you have to respect their right to free speech when they tell you their opinion.

If you call people names, insult their intelligence, or apply labels that they do not agree with, they have the right to insult, berate, challenge, or call you names.

That's just how it works in a country where there is free speech.

Or wait has been said before:

If you don't want none, don't give none!

You are allowed to post anything. But free speech isn't free. It comes with a social cost and sometimes legal cost. If you scream "Fire" in a crowded theater and there is no fire expect to be arrested for endangering the public safety.

If you post something that someone disagrees with you have to respect their right to free speech when they tell you their opinion.

If you call people names, insult their intelligence, or apply labels that they do not agree with, they have the right to insult, berate, challenge, or call you names.

That's just how it works in a country where there is free speech.

Or wait has been said before:

If you don't want none, don't give none!
There is not free speech on a message board. We have the speech the owners and moderators let us have

Back