attempting a politically correct personal ad

LTMMC

Really Experienced
The last ad I posted here must have contained immensely offensive language against some women, so as a result it led to a thread with close to 200 posts, most of which containing insults hurled against me. And I would like to avoid that again. But what can a man write here these days that will NOT provoke the ire of somebody?

Now if I were a woman I’d be allowed to post anything – as that became obvious on my prior thread – or also a man who got brainwashed by today’s favorite ideology. But as soon as anybody here fails to worship the ideology of women’s moral superiority over most men, “the butter is brown”, as we say in my native language.

Just for nostalgic reasons, I perused personal ads of say 10 years ago, and in those days overly angry retorts did not happen, from people who felt personally insulted by remarks made inside personal ads. Could it be that people simply minded their own business then? And that they skipped personal ads that did not appeal to them. That they respected a personal ad as a statement, which was personal? If I understand the rules Literotica has set up, that’s still supposed to be the case; see the “sticky” posts at the beginning of this forum.

Now not offending anybody has become almost impossible these days, as a prominent article in the May issue of The Atlantic pointed out, the one with a facebook logo in its link to it, see below. Certainly I do not intend to offend any woman I target with my ad (hopefully it is still permissible to write the word target into an ad, when it is applied to a woman).

Now one way of avoiding any language that somebody might feel offended by is this: I suggest to you – dear woman I target with my ad – to read the ad I had embedded into my signature. And since hecklers and pirates of personal ads are usually unwilling to read much, they will not see anything offensive here. So I can wish you a wonderful day, and I hope to receive a response back from you in private.

Here the link to the “Atlantic” article: https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2022/05/social-media-democracy-trust-babel/629369/

Unfortunately, I think you may have already alienated women who read this post by your comments about women "being allowed to post anything".

Perhaps some humility, some apology, some acknowledgement that your past messages may have come across as rude and insulting, maybe because English is not your native language, might be a good first step. Some sincere acknowledgement that you realize your approach has been at times impolite, and that you have never intended to insult women? Some evidence of change? Your history on Lit is easy to follow, though, and difficult to refute. Even another new alt is unlikely to help, given how distinctive your tone and phrasing is.

Social media is not the problem, and as long as you try to blame it (or women) for your lack of positive reception here, you may have to realize that you are only kidding yourself.

I thank you, and I appreciate your writing this post in a non-insulting manner.

But the rest of your post I disagree with. On my prior thread, anybody who felt like it, particularly women, were in fact allowed to post anything, regardless of how insulting it was. And it was not my language that was offensive but the language of others.

And let's be honest, dear QUIETLY looking, could not you too have looked at my post quietly? I did not ask you to love it, but you could have minded your own business, just like the rules for personal ads require that.

Nevertheless, I wish you a nice evening

I’m starting to think that your claim of multiple women responding to your last ad was false.

Your problem isn’t women.

Your problem isn‘t Lit rules.

Your problem isn’t feminism.

Your problem isn’t pirates.

Your problem isn’t your native language.

Your problem isn’t that people are too easily offended.

Your problem isn’t anything except you.

You are the problem.

Your loathing of women and your predatory manner are the problem.

You have been allowed to say anything you want, just as women have. You‘re not typing from a bunker, hiding from authorities and in danger of arrest and imprisonment for your words, are you? Your account hasn’t been blocked, has it? You were free to post this inane simpering drivel, weren’t you?

No one has to like you. No one has to like your posts. Certainly, no woman anywhere on earth is required to appease you and carry on private conversations with you. No one is required to provide positive feedback to your demeaning and denigrating of women.

Perhaps you could create a few more alts? They are the only ones that seem to agree with you.

good morning Katie, I see you slept well last night, since your oh so sensitive response to my ad provided a mirror to your familiar self once again.

I wonder: did it ever occur to you that your post was longer than my ad? And you managed to write it without ever considering any piece of substance in any of my ads. Truly amazing how some loudmouthed people never need to read anything new, in order for them to go on a ranting spree. With such firm convictions in your mind about how vile my character is.

Looks to me like the author of that Atlantic article had been a pretty good observer of what has happened to conversations in America over the last 10years.

good morning Katie, I see you slept well last night, since your oh so sensitive response to my ad provided a mirror to your familiar self once again.

I wonder: did it ever occur to you that your post was longer than my ad? And you managed to write it without ever considering any piece of substance in any of my ads. Truly amazing how some loudmouthed people never need to read anything new, in order for them to go on a ranting spree. With such firm convictions in your mind about how vile my character is.

Looks to me like the author of that Atlantic article had been a pretty good observer of what has happened to conversations in America over the last 10years.
Report the troll and move on. Interacting with trolls never solves anything. Neither does baiting trolls. Keep the Personals as a location where people can seek like-minded individuals. Those that aren't like-minded should just ignore the thread.

Edit: this should be in the Personals if it is truly a search

From your intro thread: “The key word is enrichment.” For the last word, you misspelled “brevity.” I am not going to harsh my mellow by digging further, but man, no woman is gonna plow through that scroll-eater of a post

It took me a while to respond to this because I was busy masturbating over your original introduction post. You are a catch. I have always wanted somebody who did my thinking for me, told me what I wanted in a relationship and even plans what path that relationship will take.

Shame you are looking for somebody who is already a wife. I would have jumped your bones for sure!

It took me a while to respond to this because I was busy masturbating over your original introduction post. You are a catch. I have always wanted somebody who did my thinking for me, told me what I wanted in a relationship and even plans what path that relationship will take.

Shame you are looking for somebody who is already a wife. I would have jumped your bones for sure!
Well, you were. That may be close enough

Can you let me know when you rub one out to my posts?

This is a note to Dribble

It it does not matter where my personal ad ends up, on the Personals board where I posted it, and where it belongs, as you stated correctly. Or anywhere else the Lit administrators feel like dumping it. They possess absolute authority here anyway, regardless of whether it makes any sense or not.
The vilifiers of Lit have accomplished their job already, so that any woman who merely aligns herself with their thinking is convinced I eat roasted children for lunch, and I am up for no good for breakfast and dinner also. Without reading anything I wrote, of course, because vilification works best on “alternative” facts.

What irks me a bit: nobody here seems to undertake any probability checks, i.e. how probable is it in real life, that such a villain runs around free, as the one I am declared to be. But who needs probabilities, when alternate facts are available to all?

Soooo…I will admit that I’ve read most of your ads and the amazing entertainment that ensues thereafter, but never felt the need to respond…until now.

I am the QUEEN of post whatever it is you want in the personals. It is your personal preference - I like TALL men (but don’t automatically exclude the shorter ones - just one thing I like). And if I posted an ad that I wanted a man over 6’2 then that’s my preference and not anyones business to tell me I’m wrong.

However…if I said I wanted a man who is over 6’2 because anyone under that height is stupid and can’t hold a conversation at all - then that’s not just my preference- it’s a false statement about an entire group of people. THAT’S WHAT YOUR ADS ARE.
You can’t say in the same breath “I want a smart woman who can have a conversation” and then “all the women who are smart expect me to shower them with gifts” - the first statement is fine (and something I think we all are looking for), the second part is where the argument will come.
Your problem is not about being “politically correct” - it’s being overly critical and downright cruel and nasty when talking about the women here. Why would I want to contact someone who is going to post mean things about me if I type a wrong word or because I am not as cultured as they believe they are? No thanks.

Just being kind and respectful here is what is most attractive to many of us.
So post a personal but be kind…

If only they had a "batting my eye" emoji. But really what Lit woman would want a guy who posted one?

I made a report. He whines enough in Personals. Then Dribble chimes in and “Boomers” a bit.
It’s like a bad car wreck.
I mean, I’ll still show up for it, but the PG just doesn’t cut as deeply.
It is Fara. Bitches about Amy leaving. Does the exact same thing that Amy claimed was the reason she left to anyone not in her clique. Anyone in her clique, likewise, gets a free pass as well to troll...write abusive PMs...talk shit. Mirror...mirror...on the wall...don't blame the messager...

The last ad I posted here must have contained immensely offensive language against some women, so as a result it led to a thread with close to 200 posts, most of which containing insults hurled against me. And I would like to avoid that again. But what can a man write here these days that will NOT provoke the ire of somebody?

Now if I were a woman I’d be allowed to post anything – as that became obvious on my prior thread – or also a man who got brainwashed by today’s favorite ideology. But as soon as anybody here fails to worship the ideology of women’s moral superiority over most men, “the butter is brown”, as we say in my native language.

Just for nostalgic reasons, I perused personal ads of say 10 years ago, and in those days overly angry retorts did not happen, from people who felt personally insulted by remarks made inside personal ads. Could it be that people simply minded their own business then? And that they skipped personal ads that did not appeal to them. That they respected a personal ad as a statement, which was personal? If I understand the rules Literotica has set up, that’s still supposed to be the case; see the “sticky” posts at the beginning of this forum.

Now not offending anybody has become almost impossible these days, as a prominent article in the May issue of The Atlantic pointed out, the one with a facebook logo in its link to it, see below. Certainly I do not intend to offend any woman I target with my ad (hopefully it is still permissible to write the word target into an ad, when it is applied to a woman).

Now one way of avoiding any language that somebody might feel offended by is this: I suggest to you – dear woman I target with my ad – to read the ad I had embedded into my signature. And since hecklers and pirates of personal ads are usually unwilling to read much, they will not see anything offensive here. So I can wish you a wonderful day, and I hope to receive a response back from you in private.

Here the link to the “Atlantic” article: https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2022/05/social-media-democracy-trust-babel/629369/
You can't just help yourself can't you. LOL
Unfortunately, I think you may have already alienated women who read this post by your comments about women "being allowed to post anything".

Perhaps some humility, some apology, some acknowledgement that your past messages may have come across as rude and insulting, maybe because English is not your native language, might be a good first step. Some sincere acknowledgement that you realize your approach has been at times impolite, and that you have never intended to insult women? Some evidence of change? Your history on Lit is easy to follow, though, and difficult to refute. Even another new alt is unlikely to help, given how distinctive your tone and phrasing is.

Social media is not the problem, and as long as you try to blame it (or women) for your lack of positive reception here, you may have to realize that you are only kidding yourself.
His language is not the issue. And he knows it. He just hides behind that to pretend he's being misunderstood because of his language rather than by the fact he's a misogynist.
On my prior thread, anybody who felt like it, particularly women, were in fact allowed to post anything, regardless of how insulting it was. And it was not my language that was offensive but the language of others.

And let's be honest, dear QUIETLY looking, could not you too have looked at my post quietly? I did not ask you to love it, but you could have minded your own business, just like the rules for personal ads require that.

It wasn't the use of language that is offensive. You totally miss the point, every single time.

Report the troll and move on. Interacting with trolls never solves anything. Neither does baiting trolls. Keep the Personals as a location where people can seek like-minded individuals. Those that aren't like-minded should just ignore the thread.

Edit: this should be in the Personals if it is truly a search
Don't tell us what to do
Yay! Consider me pawned too but I’m in for these fucking threads every time.

View attachment 2141397
I see you brought the big popcorn today, scoot over!

The responses to the original poster make better reading than many a story posted on the website. The moment I read the original post I knew it would bring out the mob with blazing torches and pitchforks, demanding the monster be slayed lest it contaminate the purity of thought in the herd mentality.

Alas there wasn't much more than the usual talking points, no awards for originality in the responses. Misinterpretation to build the straw man before it is then set ablaze to the cheering crowd.

A tip of the hat for the OP's attempt to stray from the acceptable norm of moral rectitude. Every once in a while we have to give in to the dark side in order to tilt at a windmill.

I thank you, and I appreciate your writing this post in a non-insulting manner.

But the rest of your post I disagree with. On my prior thread, anybody who felt like it, particularly women, were in fact allowed to post anything, regardless of how insulting it was. And it was not my language that was offensive but the language of others.

Posting in a public forum means people will comment and reply. Why would you think that only likeminded people reply? 🙄

Back