🎵 Monthly Song Challenge 🎵

Day 17: A song used in a TV show (not the theme/opening song)

I really enjoyed Never Have I Ever, and the songs, despite not being a teen. It reminds me of a youth I never really had. But, I related a lot to Devi anyway. Socially awkward, an overprotective parent... my inner monologue voiced by John McEnroe. This song was played in the first season when you think Devi and Paxton are meant for each other... lol. Not going to spoil it for you guys... 😉

Fire for You - Cannons

Last edited:
Say what you will about Rick And Morty, one thing they got right was the soundtracks. I've discovered some great music via the show, but I think the band I've fallen for the hardest is Tennis.

An incredible little indie-duo, stuck out of time.

Now I'm waking from the dream
I've been following you, foolishly
Leaving you is hard for me
But I've gotta do what's right for me

A song played in a TV show

This song should come with a government health warning!

There I was, watching a crime series called Unbelievable, and one of the leading characters is driving along when this tune I’d never heard before came on the radio, and she started to sing it. I looked it up on YouTube and It wouldn’t leave my ears for a week!

To make matters worse, It’s a song for kids!

Don’t say I didn’t warn you!

Day 17: A song used in a TV show

I'd almost forgotten how much I loved Smash. It was about the making of a Marilyn Monroe musical. There are two different versions of this song but I'll go with Megan Hilty's.

I Never Met a Wolf Who Didn't Love to Howl
Omg I LOVED that show. I was so sad when they didn't renew it... 🥺

Day 17

I don't even know what show this was on. But I remember walking in the room and hearing it and being blown away. Amazing song. Amazing cover.

Day 17: A song used in a TV show

It might be a copout, but I'm going for this one.
This was his final song on Idol.

Used on a TV show

Iron Maiden "When The Wild Wind Blows"

Eugene sang the first lines of this to Stephanie before the Commonwealth story arc began in The Walking Dead, she surprised him by reciting the following lines.

I had just gotten Final Frontier a couple of weeks before the episode aired and recognized it right away.

I believe this is the 3rd longest track in their catalog, behind Rime of the Ancient Mariner (Powerslave) and Empire of the Clouds (Book of Souls)

From the reimagined Battlestar Galactica
I love what Bear McCready did with that song, regardless of how I thought it was a stupid twist. The percussion is amazing in that one. I also like how it comes back with Kara on the piano.

Back