Pink Orchid 2024: Story Event for Women-Centric Erotica - Official Support Thread

I had no idea what connotations the Berkshires were supposed to have, but it sounds like the English Berkshire - wealthy horsey set? Minus Slough? How do the locals pronounce it?

Beautifully written and horribly plausible, though I can't handle that much emotional angst so skimmed through large chunks of it.
The Berkshires are in New England, in western Massachusetts, (not pronounced as you originals would do it) and are an odd location. Rural, handsome, low green hills with small towns, and just close enough to Big Cities like New York and Boston that rich folk have second homes there (and thereby grind against the local working folk who exhibit such a woeful barbarian lack of aesthetics and culture), creating the usual type of collision that often fuel resort areas worldwide: locals love the money the visitors bring but hate the snootiness accompanying.

The Berkshires are in New England, in western Massachusetts, (not pronounced as you originals would do it) and are an odd location. Rural, handsome, low green hills with small towns, and just close enough to Big Cities like New York and Boston that rich folk have second homes there (and thereby grind against the local working folk who exhibit such a woeful barbarian lack of aesthetics and culture), creating the usual type of collision that often fuel resort areas worldwide: locals love the money the visitors bring but hate the snootiness accompanying.
Yes, the Berkshires ("BURK-sh'rs") are Massachusetts' answer to the Poconos, with overtones of The Hamptons (since the perception is that everyone there is wealthy).

Yes, the Berkshires ("BURK-sh'rs") are Massachusetts' answer to the Poconos, with overtones of The Hamptons (since the perception is that everyone there is wealthy).
Ah, my hunch was right, then.

Bit like the Cotswolds in England (just to the west of Berkshire). The 'Chipping Norton Set' were David Cameron and his mates running the country, all with houses in or near the Cotswold town of Chipping Norton.

It's pronounced Bark-shuh here, or technically the six unitary authorities of West Berkshire, Windsor and Maidenhead, and Bracknell Forest, and Wokingham, Reading and Slough. One reason Brits can name and sometimes even locate more US states than UK counties isnt just the media, but that US states dont change their names and borders. Unlike the frequent overhauls in Britain - many government databases still use the 'ceremonial counties' aka 'pre-1974 county boundaries' as everyone knew where those were and no-one wants to pay to amend software.

Though the insult is always said 'berk' as spelt, despite being the short form of the rhyming slang phrase 'Berkshire Hunt'. It's not nearly as insulting, either - more like idiot and prat while being dismissive.

First vote on my new story was a rare two-star! Though a couple people have upvoted it since.

My first Pink Orchid story, and my first Lesbian story, posted this morning, A Wandering Spirit.

It combines a winter kayaking trip with some fantasy and first-time, but the story is about the MFC facing both challenges and her own self-limits.

In honor of Omenainen's hosting efforts, I even changed a climactic exclamation from "Oh! Oh! Oh!" to "Om!, Om! Om!" And is sounded right!

Omenainen - Kommentoi tarinaani

Last edited:
There's an author here on Lit who has dozens of stories about an Elf queen's sexual adventures with all kinds of huge monsters, and the only ones I've thought were hot were the ones with a pair of goblins.

Dozens of stories, only one of them hot, and you faithfully keep reading? Admirable devotion.

Also, goblins, eh? Hmm. Maybe that’s my next kink.

I have one more 750-word story with the Pink Orchid tag: "Interviewing a Date – 750 Words"
"She's looking for Mr Right."

It's her POV during a first, 3-hour dinner date. Here's a sample line for why I used the Pink Orchid tag:
"I’m tired of trying to appease judgmental guys,… holding myself back,… guys who just want to own me!"

EDIT: It published a few hours ago.

To my surprise, I kind of liked this!

I finished the first version of my entry last night. Hopefully I'll have time today to edit it so I can submit it before it's too late. I still have to think of a catchy title, though. Is "The Walled Garden" too unsexy?

Shoutout to @Devinter for his valuable input, and for keeping me motivated and disciplined!

Dunno about the title, but the story sure was sexy! Damn.

I did persist with it partly because I thought it was a bit harsh consistently giving you Pink Orchid stories you'd prefer not to read, so I hope you enjoy! (let me know if you'd like to be lured to the dark side, though... you could get to London for the purpose quite easily, right? 😉)

It was a lovely story! But you don’t need to worry about me. I’ve grown quite attached to your kinky British scientists over the years.

Not that I want first hand experiences 😳
Of my recent trips abroad significant percent has been to London, so I’ve thought I’ll focus on other places (plus, you know, Brexit, you daft people), but now I have additional reasons to steer clear 😁

This was another thing the story did well. I have no mental image of any sort of Berkshire’s, but you didn’t count on name dropping to do the heavy lifting but established the characters so that I got the idea too. Of course I can’t know if it’s the same kind of idea as those who know the Berkshire you placed them in, but I felt I had enough detail to hang my impression on.

Dozens of stories, only one of them hot, and you faithfully keep reading? Admirable devotion.

Also, goblins, eh? Hmm. Maybe that’s my next kink.
About four of them are about the goblins, I think. And I don't read them all - I just scan her list of stories from time to time to see whether any new goblin ones have been added.

Dunno about the title, but the story sure was sexy! Damn.
Thanks, I'm really glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for the comment, too.

The story evolved as I wrote it: it began with Christina and Diane. two middle-aged neighbours, looking at Diane's gardener, and just the one scene. But then I decided to give Christina more depth, and Diane became a hot Spanish woman, and I extended it over three scenes for Christina to slowly refind her sexuality.

I probably put more thought into the symbolism than necessary, seeing as all the comments seem to be about how hot it was, and no-one has said anything about how Rosa represents Christina's sexual desire (I was especially proud of the line, "It was as if I'd outsourced my sexuality to Rosa and she reported to me on the highlights."), or the importance of the apple tree.

Then again, no-one has complained about the symbolism being too heavy-handed, so at least it didn't interfere with the story. And no-one has commented that Rosa should have been more actively involved in the final scene, so perhaps they did get it, if only subconsciously.

I probably put more thought into the symbolism than necessary, seeing as all the comments seem to be about how hot it was, and no-one has said anything about how Rosa represents Christina's sexual desire (I was especially proud of the line, "It was as if I'd outsourced my sexuality to Rosa and she reported to me on the highlights."), or the importance of the apple tree.

Then again, no-one has complained about the symbolism being too heavy-handed, so at least it didn't interfere with the story. And no-one has commented that Rosa should have been more actively involved in the final scene, so perhaps they did get it, if only subconsciously.

We were all too busy jerking off to notice your clever symbolism. Sorry not sorry.

I'll settle for that. And symbolism or no symbolism, Rosa is hot.

Well, yeah. She’s also awfully convenient. If only every sexually frustrated middle aged woman just happened to have an overtly sexual friend readily available to coax them along. But, for a short smut story, plausible enough.

It was a lovely story! But you don’t need to worry about me. I’ve grown quite attached to your kinky British scientists over the years.
Aww... There's at least half a dozen stories about the scientists still to be written, some pretty kinky, others really not. Though some might call marriage and reproduction kinky, just very common ones!
Not that I want first hand experiences 😳
I did say only if you wanted - don't you worry! As I hope my stories have conveyed, I do understand the concept of consent.
Of my recent trips abroad significant percent has been to London, so I’ve thought I’ll focus on other places (plus, you know, Brexit, you daft people), but now I have additional reasons to steer clear 😁
52% of the 60% who voted, out of the 68% of the population who make up the electorate, believed what the future PM wrote on a bus. Don't get me started! Enough politics.

I'm just thinking that my local little cocktail bar could probably do something very tasty called a Pink Orchid! On me, if you do pop over. 🍹🌺

I'm just thinking that my local little cocktail bar could probably do something very tasty called a Pink Orchid! On me, if you do pop over. 🍹🌺

Oh, my! Too bad this offer wasn’t on the table on my last trip there. Or, rather, the last adult trip where I didn’t bring minions to be responsible of. They say the Finns are awful drunkards, but I think we have little to boast about compared to Brits.

I’ll keep this in mind! And give me a heads up if you ever decide to visit Finland! I don’t dare promise any fancy drinks, but I can spank you if you absolutely insist.

Oh, my! Too bad this offer wasn’t on the table on my last trip there. Or, rather, the last adult trip where I didn’t bring minions to be responsible of. They say the Finns are awful drunkards, but I think we have little to boast about compared to Brits.

I’ll keep this in mind! And give me a heads up if you ever decide to visit Finland!
I think Finns are quiet drunks (so I'm told), as opposed to Brits which are anything but...

I'd love to visit Finland - saunas and forests are my sort of thing. Don't worry, I remember you said about no sex in Finnish saunas!
I don’t dare promise any fancy drinks, but I can spank you if you absolutely insist.
😳🤭😳

Whilst thread is derailed and we're on the topic of sauna's:

@Omenainen Some of my Finnish friends insist that this is a real game. (See picture.) They say it's a 'regional thing'. Please tell me they're just messing with me.

1709206667270.png

Whilst thread is derailed and we're on the topic of sauna's:

@Omenainen Some of my Finnish friends insist that this is a real game. (See picture.) They say it's a 'regional thing'. Please tell me they're just messing with me.

View attachment 2322320

😂🤣😂

Ssh, don’t tell @Kumquatqueen or she won’t come over!

Seriously, though, not in my (asshole) region. We just do the normal things which include, in addition to drinking and whipping each other with birch branches, jumping naked into snow banks and/or holes in the ice for a swim. (I still think it’s a disgrace that English doesn’t have a word for avanto.)(Or löyly! Seriously, people, keep up.)(Also, remind me to never introduce me to your friends.)

Last edited:
I still think it’s a disgrace that English doesn’t have a word for avanto.

That is absolutely crazy. I had no idea. Google translate calls it a "hole in the ice". Absurd! In Sweden, it is known as a "vak". Three letter word, because of its importance. It's one of the first 100 words a baby learns!

(Meanwhile, I bet the English is still teaching their kids the word "Xylophone" first day of school! I've used that word maybe 10 times in my whole life, including writing the previous sentence.)

😂🤣😂

Ssh, don’t tell @Kumquatqueen or she won’t come over!

Seriously, though, not in my (asshole) region. We just do the normal things which include, in addition to drinking and whipping each other with birch branches, jumping naked into snow banks and/or holes in the ice for a swim. (I still think it’s a disgrace that English doesn’t have a word for avanto.)(Or löyly! Seriously, people, keep up.)(Also, remind me to never introduce me to your friends.)
"the normal things"

That is absolutely crazy. I had no idea. Google translate calls it a "hole in the ice". Absurd! In Sweden, it is known as a "vak". Three letter word, because of its importance. It's one of the first 100 words a baby learns!

Do you use the term “akta, vak!” often?

(Meanwhile, I bet the English is still teaching their kids the word "Xylophone" first day of school! I've used that word maybe 10 times in my whole life, including writing the previous sentence.)

Careful now, you’ve revealed you’re not a professional xylophone player. A few more careless facts like that and there’ll be a Lit police behind your door to arrest you for not writing a story with avanto in it yet.

Do you use the term “akta, vak!” often?

Careful now, you’ve revealed you’re not a professional xylophone player. A few more careless facts like that and there’ll be a Lit police behind your door to arrest you for not writing a story with avanto in it yet.

Not often enough, it seems! The Swedish word for waking up is to "vakna", which grammatical becomes "to avanto". Coincidence? I think not.

I'll add a proper love chronicle dedicated to the North to my already overflowing worklist. 💙 Need a proper Midsummer / Juhannus story as well. Maybe I can figure out a way to include both the summer and winter season into the same story.

In honor of Omenainen's hosting efforts, I even changed a climactic exclamation from "Oh! Oh! Oh!" to "Om!, Om! Om!" And is sounded right!

This has to be the weirdest tribute I’ve had over Lit so far! Thank you! I’m very flattered.

Omenainen - Kommentoi tarinaani

A LANGUAGE LEFT BEHIND BY ALIENS!!!!

I was all excited to get Finnish characters and now this! Maybe I’ll spank you instead of Kumquatqueen!

(I’ve only began reading it, I’ll give you real comments when I’m done)
(Hey, at least we have a word for avanto, though I’m guessing Norwegians have too, is it also vak?)

Not often enough, it seems! The Swedish word for waking up is to "vakna", which grammatical becomes "to avanto". Coincidence? I think not.

Yeah, waking up is a lot like that.

I'll add a proper love chronicle dedicated to the North to my already overflowing worklist. 💙 Need a proper Midsummer / Juhannus story as well. Maybe I can figure out a way to include both the summer and winter season into the same story.

I’ve done my dues. I have a story about midsummer in Finland and a story featuring avanto, set in Svalbard.

I may or may not say ever say this in my stories, but I just mentally decided that my two favorite characters went on their honeymoon in Finland and had a great time. It was her idea. If inclined, I’ll research Finland further (never been there IRl, maybe I’ll go someday) and write the story, but it will only be in the spirit of this event since its deadline is almost here. Again, I’m not sure I’ll do this, I have other projects right now and I have flight of ideas, but we’ll see.

I may or may not say ever say this in my stories, but I just mentally decided that my two favorite characters went on their honeymoon in Finland and had a great time. It was her idea. If inclined, I’ll research Finland further (never been there IRl, maybe I’ll go someday) and write the story, but it will only be in the spirit of this event since its deadline is almost here. Again, I’m not sure I’ll do this, I have other projects right now and I have flight of ideas, but we’ll see.

Honeymooning in Finland! Are they masochists?

Seriously, there are romantic opportunities here too. Like these igloo things for spotting northern lights: https://leviniglut.net/glass-igloos-lapland-finland/

I based my story on a real event where people run naked. Yes, really. Ten kilometers. Yes, you’re allowed shoes.
http://www.nakukymppi.net/

Back