The 2023 Geek Pride Story Event: Official Support Page

That's a bloody relief. I know that ukraine thing is kinda important at the moment, but man, the diacritics were crucial - looks awesome
Lol shut up! 🤣
I was really worried about it them fucking up. But now we know that they're allowed, and they look great!

Last edited:
I just realized I forgot one of the tags. "Geek Pride 2023"
Ugh! Will it still show up with the other 2023 entries?
I remembered the "Geek Pride" tag and remembered to put it in the notes and I put it at the end of my story.

I just realized I forgot one of the tags. "Geek Pride 2023"
Ugh! Will it still show up with the other 2023 entries?
I remembered the "Geek Pride" tag and remembered to put it in the notes and I put it at the end of my story.
Your story has made the list and from a quick glance at the tags it seems Laurel added it for you.

And so it begins!
This reminds me -- for some reason, now matter how many New Follower notifications I get on my dashboard, my number of followers has remained at 321 for months. It seems highly unlikely that every time I get a new follower someone else unfollows me, so I'm wondering if anyone else has this issue with their dashboard follower count?

And so it begins!
This reminds me -- for some reason, now matter how many New Follower notifications I get on my dashboard, my number of followers has remained at 321 for months. It seems highly unlikely that every time I get a new follower someone else unfollows me, so I'm wondering if anyone else has this issue with their dashboard follower count?
Some people seem to favorite every single author they like even a little. I know for a fact that I've "gained" followers that I've already had before.

My theory is, that people read and like new story of mine, and instinctively click "Follow" which UN-follows me.
Then they realize their error, and re-follow. I get a new follower notification, but no new followers.

Some people seem to favorite every single author they like even a little. I know for a fact that I've "gained" followers that I've already had before.

My theory is, that people read and like new story of mine, and instinctively click "Follow" which UN-follows me.
Then they realize their error, and re-follow. I get a new follower notification, but no new followers.
The "followers" and "favorites" metrics are weird. Some of them will have hundreds of stories and dozens of authors that they like. It's impossible for them to concentrate on any one thing, so from an author's point-of-view, they are virtually non-existent. As in 148 followers and two votes, for example.

Chloe, thanks for hosting this and congratulations to all who finished their stories for the event. Life has been keeping me too busy to do much writing recently so my story (like the one for the previous wvent) is probably in limbo until next year but I look forward to reading some of the completed works.

The turnout so far for ours has been pretty tepid. 370 views and a 3,75. Curse of both a late starting letter and 14 Lit pages in length I suppose.

At least I can say that I have taken part in all six GPD events thus far. Hooray for worthless acknowledgements.

Eagerly awaiting a break in my workday to read some of these fantastic submissions. ❤️

So far, I think Collective Intelligence has had a decent reception. I was just telling @MediocreAuthor that it’ll probably pick up later on when everyone’s out of work, and very likely over the weekend, as well.

The turnout so far for ours has been pretty tepid. 370 views and a 3,75. Curse of both a late starting letter and 14 Lit pages in length I suppose.

At least I can say that I have taken part in all six GPD events thus far. Hooray for worthless acknowledgements.
Ya I noticed viewers is low for me too. Just shy of 500? Really slow. It is sci fi, so i know that is a saturated category

Ya I noticed viewers is low for me too. Just shy of 500? Really slow. It is sci fi, so i know that is a saturated category
It's saturated, and we just dropped an additional ~20 stories in there on a Thursday. Everything on the "New" list for SF/F was published for today, so there's an even bigger surfeit than usual.

It's saturated, and we just dropped an additional ~20 stories in there on a Thursday. Everything on the "New" list for SF/F was published for today, so there's an even bigger surfeit than usual.
I think I'm my case, perhaps I chose a bad tagline.

"Stavos makes a deal with an ancient entity to spare his life."

Not a particularly sexy tagline, and for NC/R I feel like my views are lower than normal.

But perhaps @seraph_nocturne is right, and they will rise steadily after the work day ends and the weekend starts.

I'm exhausted. So glad to participate. I had no expectations, so I am thrilled with the number of reads I have already. I Sometimes feel like I am alone in my fantasy world. To know that there are 946 people (as of right now) who at least clicked on it, even if they clicked away and didn't read it, is intensely gratifying. To join me in my fantasy world for even a moment makes me feel less alone. It's a short read (longer if you are stroking to it. LOL) Not many likes, but as I said, I had no expectations.

Here's hoping my next attempt will be even better.

I think I'm my case, perhaps I chose a bad tagline.

"Stavos makes a deal with an ancient entity to spare his life."

Not a particularly sexy tagline, and for NC/R I feel like my views are lower than normal.

But perhaps @seraph_nocturne is right, and they will rise steadily after the work day ends and the weekend starts.
Not everything needs to be sexy to be enticing. We have three different sex scenes in our story, but they are not the main focus. "What use is brute strength if the mind is under siege?" should sound intriguing enough in conjunction with the story title and IF more info is needed, there are always the tags.

Not everything needs to be sexy to be enticing. We have three different sex scenes in our story, but they are not the main focus. "What use is brute strength if the mind is under siege?" should sound intriguing enough in conjunction with the story title and IF more info is needed, there are always the tags.
I agree... I'm just trying to deduce why I have a lower view count than normal. Don't get me wrong, I'm kinda expecting some hatred on this story. It's femdom, F/m, noncon with pegging. Plenty of reasons for people to hate it. :ROFLMAO:

But they've gotta see it first, and an unusually small number have clicked (at least to the best of my recollection, this is on the low end of opening day views)

Last edited:

It is a very hard category to break into lol I guess it would have paid to go outside SF&F for geek pride, too natural of a go to.

Back