What's cookin', good lookin'? Part II

Got back from a four day, bender, a long boys weekend away. After eating too much crap and drinking way too much, I needed some healthy eats and some roughage.😂

Made my wife and daughter a really big stirfry. I added some meatballs that were made out of venison that I had in the freezer.

Delicious.

It was some of the leftovers, I made an omelette and I added a little bit of cheese.

You know, I once had a dream I just showed up to your house because you had made a comment just like the one above. Sooooo… 😁
Don’t threaten me with a good thing.
The mascarpone and the blueberries are gone by now though.

Marinated (tandoori style)chicken thighs and chicken breast overnight and now I can put four chicken breasts cooked sous vide and five lunch portions of chicken thighs cooked gyros style in a baking tin, in the freezer.

Byrek with gjize. I can't resist a good byrek and I made a yummy one, if I may say so myself.😋
y43md0j.jpg

Not sure what it is, but it looks delicious

You're right but I don't know how to call it in English. lol

Borek, Burek or Byrek is a family of pastries or pies found in the Balkans, Middle East and Central Asia. It's made with a very thin flaky dough (from 12 to 18,) like filo for example, with a variety of fillings like; tomatoes, onions and minced meat. Spinach, or leak, with cheese, gjize (similar to ricotta but more compact and salted), eggs, milk etc.

It's sooo good.

Yummy dinner yesterday:
IMG_0627.jpeg
And I have more of those yummy brussel sprouts left over for lunch today but I haven’t quite decided what to have with them yet.

Last edited:
We have been leaning into winter lately:
IMG_0924.jpeg
Danish pork roast with cream sauce, jelly, brussel sprouts and croquettes.
IMG_0925.jpeg
Swedish Prinskorv with fried egg and steamed kale. Trying out two new types of prinskorv - that’s why they don’t look the same.
IMG_0926.jpeg
Cauliflower soup with pancetta and soft boiled eggs.

Then we found this:
IMG_0927.jpeg
And of course had to try them:
IMG_0928.jpeg
North Texas Red inspired (didn’t have any bird’s eye chilis nor piri-piri) beef chili, black bean chili, pico de gallo, chopped white onion and cilantro.

Back