What's happened to publishing lately?

I was going to say.. Maybe the OP has been DMing the wrong person? 😬

Also check to make sure you didn't accidentally kick your submission back into draft? Might've burnt me once or twice...
I've tried with both Laurel and Manu. My phone just autocorrected incorrectly is all.

It always takes longer if it is a re-submission of previously published (and removed) work. It took two and half weeks to get A Small Sacrifice republished. I'd removed it and then republished it here after it ran its course on Amazon.

My last few chapters have been approved rather more quickly than I'm used to, despite holidays and contests. Just mentioning it as more data that the issue does not appear to be site-wide.

The story I published here only took about three days, on this account. Resubmissions always take longer.

I've had the same part rejected for AI 4 times now despite numerous instances that I wrote it all. Each response takes about a week to get back so I've been trying for a month now 🤣 Reached out to Laurel today so we shall see what comes of it, if anything
I wouldn't hold my breath, tbh. This website is just... persistently ignoring the needs of authors. Getting any reply from Laurel has also become quite an accomplishment.

I've had the same part rejected for AI 4 times now despite numerous instances that I wrote it all. Each response takes about a week to get back so I've been trying for a month now 🤣 Reached out to Laurel today so we shall see what comes of it, if anything
Maybe you need to join the frequent flyer program. Or is that an insensitive thing to say to a penguin?

Em

You are in a grump today.

🫂🫂🫂

Em
A bit, yes, because I'm about to do what I never thought I would need to do. I will likely turn off voting for my stories to protect them from being bombed into the ground. It has been a week or so since the same guy caught wind that I was posting again and he has been on the job ever since. I PMed Laurel three times, asking for a sweep and/or some kind of solution. She hasn't even replied to any of my messages and it's been like five days since I asked.
As I've told you, I don't even blame this poor sod whose high points of the day are when he gets to vote 1* on my stories, I blame Laurel for failing to uphold her own policies and rules and for being so indifferent to the abuse of those same policies. Not the mention the basic lack of manners to even reply to contributors to the website. A quick "I am very busy, I will get back to you when I can," would suffice.

Every time someone in the forum's complains about a long wait, there is a wall of people who chime in how quickly there most recent story got approved. Everyone needs to be aware that there appears to be a two track approvals process, the stories that pass quick checks (these are the ones that take 1-3 days) and the ones that get flagged or edited that need an advance check.

I know a lot of people want to be supportive and share their experiences (that's basically the site ethos) but hearing about quick turnarounds on the quick check track is a little frustrating when that's not what's happening to the forum poster.

Imagine being stuck in a traffic jam on a small country road, complaining about the delay, only to be told that that traffic is moving fine by friends currently driving on the motorway.

This also obscures something we need to confront, Literotica's moderation model is not built for a site with this much content flowing through it and I don't think it is fit for purpose any more. I myself have had a piece in pending pergatory for 54 days now, no response to any of the DMs to Laurel or contact forms I have filled out. Ironically the piece in pending actually has a section defending Literotica's moderation, I've heard the horror stories of erotic sites penny pinching on moderation and the problems that causes. But Laurel personally moderating every story simply cannot be done any more, especially with the new AI checks adding to her workload. There are forums filled with volunteer editors who could be deputised to reduce the strain on Laurel personally, and I think it's time to acknowledge that it is no slight against Laurel that she has built a website so successful she now needs support to keep it running smoothly.

Every time someone in the forum's complains about a long wait, there is a wall of people who chime in how quickly there most recent story got approved.

Thank you for saying this. "Sucks to be you!" seems to be the standard response here.

I've had this same problem in the past and found there can be a significant difference in pending time between submitting a story as an attached file and submitting it in the text box with html tags. The latter, though it is more work on my end, has usually resulted in a 2-3 day wait. The former can take weeks.

Thank you for saying this. "Sucks to be you!" seems to be the standard response here.

Every time someone in the forum's complains about a long wait, there is a wall of people who chime in how quickly there most recent story got approved.
The people running in instantly to give the tone of "Nope, must be you" are the same ones who do this on any topic and will do 360's on their own opinion to keep from acting as if this site is less than perfect.

Biggest example of that is someone comes here upset they found a horrible rape story, forum members will say "well, its a gray rule, and it is allowed..." next day someone says their rape story was rejected and now its "well, we don't allow those"

Inevitably, at some point during a thread which has the audacity to complain the site is not always fair or well run, its "don't like it leave"

This is how all these posters stories have quick turnaround. The site runs like a high school clique and the ones who kiss the top mean girl's ass and defend the indefensible.

Others, like myself, also see good turnaround time, and speaking for myself I'm someone who's comments-rare as they are for me-go up instantly. I am the furthest from a site kiss ass as you'll find, and often troll the brown noser's for their lynch mob attitude as they circle the wagons and try to make the forum an inbred community where they gate keep said community by deciding whether a new poster should be accepted or abused off.

But I am a very popular author here who gets a lot of attention from readers, meaning I am helping support the site by being one its top draws which is why I-and other very popular authors, will also get the nod.

Fair? Nope. But just another way it works here, who plays ball and who helps make them money get treated differently.

Every time someone in the forum's complains about a long wait, there is a wall of people who chime in how quickly there most recent story got approved. Everyone needs to be aware that there appears to be a two track approvals process, the stories that pass quick checks (these are the ones that take 1-3 days) and the ones that get flagged or edited that need an advance check.

I know a lot of people want to be supportive and share their experiences (that's basically the site ethos) but hearing about quick turnarounds on the quick check track is a little frustrating when that's not what's happening to the forum poster.

Imagine being stuck in a traffic jam on a small country road, complaining about the delay, only to be told that that traffic is moving fine by friends currently driving on the motorway.

This also obscures something we need to confront, Literotica's moderation model is not built for a site with this much content flowing through it and I don't think it is fit for purpose any more. I myself have had a piece in pending pergatory for 54 days now, no response to any of the DMs to Laurel or contact forms I have filled out. Ironically the piece in pending actually has a section defending Literotica's moderation, I've heard the horror stories of erotic sites penny pinching on moderation and the problems that causes. But Laurel personally moderating every story simply cannot be done any more, especially with the new AI checks adding to her workload. There are forums filled with volunteer editors who could be deputised to reduce the strain on Laurel personally, and I think it's time to acknowledge that it is no slight against Laurel that she has built a website so successful she now needs support to keep it running smoothly.
My impression is that moderating-wise, Literotica is near collapse. The waiting queues for some types of submissions are abysmal, and the response time from admins about some problems you might have is catastrophic. It makes most of us ponder about things in some suspicion-riddled way.
Do all these things happen because they simply don't care about their own policies - policies that are there only as a disclaimer, or is it because they are so understaffed that quality, order, and consistency suffer severely? It doesn't even matter which of these two versions is the right one, or if there is a third. This approach simply doesn't work, and in my opinion, Literotica is still where it is only because competition sucks worse.

Have you tried pulling it and resubmitting? Normally that would just make it take longer by resetting the clock. But if it takes longer than a week or two I figure it might be stuck somewhere, and restarting the process might get it out of that hangup.

Have you tried pulling it and resubmitting? Normally that would just make it take longer by resetting the clock. But if it takes longer than a week or two I figure it might be stuck somewhere, and restarting the process might get it out of that hangup.
Yup, although I have left the story alone since it was was most recently submitted on the 28th September, I had previously submitted it a couple of times before that, but every time I pulled and resubmitted, it didn't yield anything.

A bit, yes, because I'm about to do what I never thought I would need to do. I will likely turn off voting for my stories to protect them from being bombed into the ground. It has been a week or so since the same guy caught wind that I was posting again and he has been on the job ever since. I PMed Laurel three times, asking for a sweep and/or some kind of solution. She hasn't even replied to any of my messages and it's been like five days since I asked.
As I've told you, I don't even blame this poor sod whose high points of the day are when he gets to vote 1* on my stories, I blame Laurel for failing to uphold her own policies and rules and for being so indifferent to the abuse of those same policies. Not the mention the basic lack of manners to even reply to contributors to the website. A quick "I am very busy, I will get back to you when I can," would suffice.
Does it occur to you that Laurel may not respond to your complaint because there's no basis for it? I see no evidence of your stories being bombed. The three stories that show ratings have ratings of 4.82, 4.84, and 4.74. Those are very high scores. I don't understand how someone with scores that high can complain of bombing. You cannot be sure that negative votes for you stories are fake votes worthy of sweeping. You also cannot be sure that the drop may not result from the sweeping of fake positive votes. I am not aware that laurel has a habit of assuring authors that their sweep requests have been responded to, and there is very good reason for that.

Back