Story Sent Back due to AI?

I have looked over my most recent chapter of my story. The word count went up, and I ran it through 4 AI detectors. The average of the least generous detector was 12.4% chance of AI. I don't know if that helps. I checked it, paragraph by paragraph, and some parts were 0. other parts were 24, and I can't really tell how to fix that. Some of the parts that are 'flagged' is descriptions. I fed it to gpt-zero and undetectable.ai. Both overwhelmingly say my chapter was written by a person (BECAUSE it was).
I know AI is getting better and better, and I am by no means the next Hemingway, but COME ON! There is NO WAY that my story could be mistaken for AI.
Edit: I also submitted the following chapter. The chapter is ~3.2K words. I ran this through contentdetector.ai (with an average score of 11.25%), quillbot/scribbr (with an average score of 13.67%), and undetectable.ai recognizes this as human work. I am not sure how much more I can do without compromising the integrity of the story I am writing (which is just one more story in a grand saga I have been working on.)

Last edited:
Now we play the waiting game on the eight others sat in pending. All fingers crossed!

I have looked over my most recent chapter of my story. The word count went up, and I ran it through 4 AI detectors. The average of the least generous detector was 12.4% chance of AI. I don't know if that helps. I checked it, paragraph by paragraph, and some parts were 0. other parts were 24, and I can't really tell how to fix that. Some of the parts that are 'flagged' is descriptions. I fed it to gpt-zero and undetectable.ai. Both overwhelmingly say my chapter was written by a person (BECAUSE it was).
I know AI is getting better and better, and I am by no means the next Hemingway, but COME ON! There is NO WAY that my story could be mistaken for AI.
Edit: I also submitted the following chapter. The chapter is ~3.2K words. I ran this through contentdetector.ai (with an average score of 11.25%), quillbot/scribbr (with an average score of 13.67%), and undetectable.ai recognizes this as human work. I am not sure how much more I can do without compromising the integrity of the story I am writing (which is just one more story in a grand saga I have been working on.)
I submitted another chapter, as I am not the kind of person to just sit still. All of my works seem to have a 10-15% chance of being written by AI. I don't know what else to do other than to write to beat the detectors, but at that point, it feels like we are trying to beat the system, which isn't what I want to do.
Writing here, for me, has been fun because I enjoy writing in the Fantasy genre, but I struggle with the adult edge. Here, I get to explore that and get constructive feedback. Most of my stories are rated above a 4, going back to 2022, so it isn't like anything has changed on my end other than getting an editor (which I found here).
Maybe I am just bitching to bitch, but it feels like I don't have a ton of good options because emailing/PMing the owner when this feels like a software/detector error that WILL come up again feels kind of dumb.

I submitted another chapter, as I am not the kind of person to just sit still. All of my works seem to have a 10-15% chance of being written by AI. I don't know what else to do other than to write to beat the detectors, but at that point, it feels like we are trying to beat the system, which isn't what I want to do.
Writing here, for me, has been fun because I enjoy writing in the Fantasy genre, but I struggle with the adult edge. Here, I get to explore that and get constructive feedback. Most of my stories are rated above a 4, going back to 2022, so it isn't like anything has changed on my end other than getting an editor (which I found here).
Maybe I am just bitching to bitch, but it feels like I don't have a ton of good options because emailing/PMing the owner when this feels like a software/detector error that WILL come up again feels kind of dumb.
It feels very hit and miss. Even with the one I published this we, I have no idea what I have done differently.

The only positive I have taken from it is that I did the same new edits that I have done to heather eight pending - if those get through, or some of them do, then maybe I’ve cracked it.

But I think that’s still on the ai software being used to check for “AI” to be honest.

It feels very hit and miss. Even with the one I published this we, I have no idea what I have done differently.

The only positive I have taken from it is that I did the same new edits that I have done to heather eight pending - if those get through, or some of them do, then maybe I’ve cracked it.

But I think that’s still on the ai software being used to check for “AI” to be honest.
So I checked my old stories from early. The checkers I looked at have as much as 22, but as low as 2, but it was before AI was for public use, so I have ZERO idea what to do.

Any luck?
The story was published. The other chapters are still pending. But that is something. I have been adding (almost superfluous details) and then I run the whole thing through multiple AI detectors. I even give the less than 15% chance of AI numbers in the notes. I hope that encourages to know I am not trying to cheat the system.
It's either that or write 1.1K stories about how this person had big tits, slim waist, whoops had sex, and it was fun story. I would hate to do that though.

The story was published. The other chapters are still pending. But that is something. I have been adding (almost superfluous details) and then I run the whole thing through multiple AI detectors. I even give the less than 15% chance of AI numbers in the notes. I hope that encourages to know I am not trying to cheat the system.
It's either that or write 1.1K stories about how this person had big tits, slim waist, whoops had sex, and it was fun story. I would hate to do that though.
It's much harder to make mistakes in a short story, than in a long one.

Things (I believe) AI checkers might be looking for: word repetition, paragraph/sentence similarities (being too similar to each other in length or structure). Possibly continuity/consistency checks, though that's likely done by a human when they review the story by hand.

If you write 1500 words, it's hard to really be lost between scenes and events and timelines and characters. If you write 15k characters, it's suddenly ten times the content that has to match up. The longer it gets, the higher the chance of overlooking something.

That's just a theory of mine, but so far my very limited evidence of the stories I saw rejected / published appears to somewhat support some of it at least. :)

Back