What's happened to publishing lately?

TheDeepThinker

Experienced
What's the deal with publishing these days? It used to be that I could submit a work on a Friday and expect it to be published the next week.
Today, I have a resubmit of a previous story that was incorrectly flagged as being written by AI that's been pending for two months, and a new submission has been pending for the last month. I've tried DMing Laura with no response. Literally dozens of people here are reporting having their own works rejected for being written by AI.

Why has publishing suddenly become so bad? If there was a serious alternative to Literotica, I might consider it.

I’ve not experienced that whatsoever.

I published nine stories in October. One took more than 48 hours (but not much more) as the site was down for a bit. Every other one was within 48 hours. Some were closer to 24.

I’m sorry for your bad experience, but at least nine data points saying the opposite.

Not sure what is going on with your stuff.

Em

I’ve never been pinged for AI. Then ChatGTP isn’t kinky enough to come up with the shit I do 😬.

Em

My last one took three days, two really because I submitted it late in the evening and it went live in the morning, as usual so 55 hours or so.

Your level crazy waiting on Skynet.

View attachment 2289607
I’d love to write a Sarah Connor Chronciles fanfic - but I’d need to introduce another T-900 as a friend for Cameron. Perhaps a petite blonde one 😬.

thumb-350-284688.jpg

Em

What's the deal with publishing these days? It used to be that I could submit a work on a Friday and expect it to be published the next week.
Today, I have a resubmit of a previous story that was incorrectly flagged as being written by AI that's been pending for two months, and a new submission has been pending for the last month. I've tried DMing Laura with no response. Literally dozens of people here are reporting having their own works rejected for being written by AI.

Why has publishing suddenly become so bad? If there was a serious alternative to Literotica, I might consider it.
I haven't had a problem, I've published nearly half a million words this year without anything close to what you're reporting. Maybe you should engage a volunteer editor

I’d love to write a Sarah Connor Chronciles fanfic - but I’d need to introduce another T-900 as a friend for Cameron. Perhaps a petite blonde one 😬.

thumb-350-284688.jpg

Em

Skynet: "New plan. Instead of a protracted war with the humans, we instead build lesbian girl bots that make the better half of the species finally lose all interest in males. No future generations. Bloodless victory."

Skynet: "New plan. Instead of a protracted war with the humans, we instead build lesbian girl bots that make the better half of the species lose all interest in males. No future generations. Bloodless victory."
That is a great idea. Wanna collab on a script? Then we need to get a flight to LA.

Em

So - you’ve published 14 stories and had positive feedback (#notmykink but whatever). So it’s not newbie writer syndrome.

I can only suggest persisting with Laurel.

Em

I just had something get published in 24h. So Perhaps you're flagged for enhanced scrutiny for some reason?

I just had something get published in 24h. So Perhaps you're flagged for enhanced scrutiny for some reason?

Same - I uploaded something yesterday and it got approved in about 12-or-so hours. It's not on the site for another two days, granted, but it's approved and in queue to 'go live'. Maybe it's a simple as once you get flagged for being a potential AI user, then Laurel has to manually check your work in much greater detail, and this takes time so you end up in a different - much longer - queue?

My Winter Holidays entry took perhaps 18 hours from submission to publication. The longest I've had to wait was a week for an NC/R story. Usually my stories take one or two days, maybe a little longer if I submit them on Friday evening or Saturday.

Skynet: "New plan. Instead of a protracted war with the humans, we instead build lesbian girl bots that make the better half of the species finally lose all interest in males. No future generations. Bloodless victory."

This is an idea that has been proposed before and imho done to death. Interesting but hopefully not possible outside fiction- I say that as a man.

There are a number of Cameron fanfic stories on Lit- here’s my favorite- https://www.literotica.com/s/the-sarah-connor-chronicles

Here's a comforting thought: with AI being so lousy at distinguishing humans from AI, we'll probably all be safe from Terminators. Just start talking in an overly verbose but soulless way, and their HUD will be flashing "75% probability of AI. Do not terminate."

Here's a comforting thought: with AI being so lousy at distinguishing humans from AI, we'll probably all be safe from Terminators. Just start talking in an overly verbose but soulless way, and their HUD will be flashing "75% probability of AI. Do not terminate."
That’s really funny 😆

Back