What's cookin', good lookin'? Part II

Leftovers.

Mushroom quiche, crayfish, roasted zucchini and bell pepper, salad.

Dessert is vanilla mousse with lingonberries and white chocolate. The glass is not dirty, btw, it’s just condensation because it was in the fridge. Leftovers, you see.

Attachments

• IMG_9176.jpeg
    IMG_9176.jpeg
    516 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_9180.jpeg
    IMG_9180.jpeg
    270.7 KB · Views: 7
Leftovers.

Mushroom quiche, crayfish, roasted zucchini and bell pepper, salad.

Dessert is vanilla mousse with lingonberries and white chocolate. The glass is not dirty, btw, it’s just condensation because it was in the fridge. Leftovers, you see.
That looks so good!

5BE29C45-AD3E-4312-9806-65F5D19EEFD1.jpeg
I made a salad with chorizo, beans and grilled bell peppers.
I used the herb savory for the first time that I know of.
Yesterday I started a little kitchen fire for the first time, when making Bavarian kohlrabi and bacon salad.
A week of firsts! 🙄

Was going to meet with friends for dinner, but it got postponed. As the dinner plans at home were made without me, I decided to go my own way.
Dinner ended up being fresh figs, cottage cheese, mortadella and a half slice of sourdough rye bread, according to the theory ”It’s a meal if I say so”.

Apple lingonberry crumble. Here the topping is always made with rolled oats, not wheat flour, so that’s what I did as well.

Edit: A quick google consultation told me that if it’s made with oats, it’s actually called an apple crisp, not a crumble. Live and learn.

Made mushroom miso soup with mung beans and shirataki noodles for dinner.
IMG_9691.jpeg

I also want to remind my dear onion soup friends that winter is coming (at least in the northern parts).
No time tomorrow so onion soup being prepared today.
IMG_9692.jpeg

And since it is cinnamon bun day tomorrow here:
IMG_9695.jpeg

I was only the ver unprepared consultant on those though.

I may have spilled some port in a glass for me when I poured some for the soup because that is a full evening in the kitchen.

Yummy!
IMG_0067.jpeg

IMG_0068.jpeg
Kale, carrot, beets, rutabaga, pomegrante seeds, sunflower seeds, black sesame seeds, corn, avocado and bacon dressed with a lemon/tahini/beet sherry dressing

Back