Two worlds,one heart

babygurll1968

*sweet Innocence*
The crashing of the waves,the cry of the seagulls were the only sounds tht reach her ears. Dark waves of curls blew around the petite face,dark almost black eyes stared out over the sea as she sat on the outcrop of rocks. Her body covered in a sheer flimsy gown,molded to her body from the spray of the water. Her feet digging into the sand as her mind drifted along with her thoughts. Thoughts of where she was from,yet no longer feeling welcome. A place deep under the waves,nestled far below the surface hidden among the reefs. She was not like most females,she herself was of two worlds. The world of humans and yet also that world of Atlantis.

A world built on myths and legends, a world that truly existed. A world under the water..one where the people could live and breath both water and air. A world where society had never corrupted,yet also a world of strict rules and laws. Her mother had made the mistake of falling in love with a human. A love that was true,pure. They had over-come the tribulations thrown at them,married and built life here. A small houe built on the side of the sandy hills next to the ocean. A place where she could be close enough to the water so when she needed the soothing touch of the water she was there. Her people could remain out of water for 48 hours before the need to return to the water called them.

Her was where she was born, Harmony Rose Kincaide. Brought up more in the world of humans than her own. Her mother and father were more of outcasts once they followed their path of love,but lately something was calling to her. Each night she returned to this ledge,sitting,searching. Something calling to her,summonning her. Each night she swore she saw a man emerge from the waves,yet she could never find him.She would sit until dawn,watching waiting. Her soul torn and un-whole. What was the meaning of all this? Her parents,both missing since a boating accident three years earlier,had told her one day her true path would be revealed.

Sighing she stood,her eyes moving one last time over the sea,before walking slowly back to the lonely house. Once inside she showered,dressing for work. Making sure her hair covered the small slitted gills behind her ears,her body now clothed in jeans and a button up shirt. Her feet,as much as she hated them,were now covered in faded boots. Picking up her purse she glanced once more around the house before leaving. She walked slowly along the beach for about a mile before she felt the smile growing on her face as she neared the small building ahead of her.

HARMONY'S WAY
RESCUE AND SANCTUARY FOR MARINE LIFE

The man waiting for her smiled,showing a few missing teeth,his face weathered from age and the elements. "Harmony, the sea hawk is ready to fly." He spoke with excitement as he took her arm and ushered her into the building. They walked through the building and out another door that opened into a vast wildlife shelter.

Numerous animals,birds and fish surrounded her. Animals that had needed help,injured or abandoned by careless owners. Owners that had no right to raise exotic animals or even a dog or cat. Harmony felt her heart relax as she moved over to the hawks cage. The magnificent bird had been shot by a teenager trying to be cool. It was a close call but she had managed to save the bird and now it was time to release him back into his world. She touched the cage softly and the hawk turned a sharp eye her way,staring deeply into her own eyes as she opened the cage.

Harmony had been the only volunteer that could touch the hawk,anyone else and it attacked. She held her hand out and whistled softly. The hawk tilted its head before flapping its wings and jumping nto her hand. Her hand droped slightly from its weight but soon liffted higher as she smiled at the hawk. " I guess it is time for you to leave me. " She spoke softly as she moved out into the center of the large compound. " I will miss you. But you need to be free and fly."

Harmony stroked the feathers lightly for several minutes before giving her arm a quick jerk and sending the bird airborne. Her eyes teared up as she watched the wings falter once,twice then fully begin to fly skyward. She thought once he turned his head around to look at her,but shook her head as she went into the compound."You know you did the right thng." Jessie spoke to her softly as the old man saw the pain in her eyes.

Harmony nodded,afraid to speak as she went on with her daily jobs. Cleaning,washing and treating the wounded animals. Her mind holding on to the image of the hawk as he spread his wings and flew off. Soon the sky grew dark as night began to descend on them and she found herself walking ang the same path she took every night back home. Once home she quickly undressed and pulled on a two piece bikini. Wlking quickly she headed into the crashing surf,feeling the wter wash over her as she dove beneath the surface.

Her gills opened and expelled the air from her lungs as water rushed into them. Channeling the oxygen from the water she remained beneath the waves , swimming with the fish. Reveling in the freedom she felt. She broke the surface ,shaking her har from her face. Her eyes darting around as an sound met her ears. A soft hum,almost unheard if she has been fully human. The sound seemed to float across the water,bouncing off the waves. She treaded water,turning in a circle to seek out the source. Her cry came too late as the large form emerged from the water and drug her down into the salty sea.

She struggled against the iron-like arms around her,her nails finding skin and scratching wildly. She kicked with her strong legs,trying to free herself. The arms were unyielding as her eyes finally met the sea green ones of her captor. Deep green like the sea,hair as black as the night around them. His body much larger than her own and much stronger,muscular. He held her tight as he continued to swim downward with her.

Deeper they swam until the sea life grew scarcer,the water became darker. She felt fear as she realised they were swimming towards a domed city. A city deep beeath the world of man. A world she seldom went back to,a world that had cast her out. Her parents had taken her back several times but the hostilities were there. So she stopped going altogether. She struggled harder as they entered a small tunnel until they emerged into a small room. She felt the arms tighten around her as the water was sucked from the room until she was held a good foot off the floor by the strong arms.

She felt her lungs readjust until she was once more breathing normal air,her foot kicked back against the body behind her. His grunt told her she had taken him by surprise as she felt herself falling to the hard floor. The breath knocked from her lungs as she tried to scramble to her feet.. Her eyes looking quickly around for another way out,she leapt for the door. The strong hands wrapped in her hair and amid the pain tearing into her scalp she found herself once more captive. "Easy,Princess."Came the deep voice of her captor as he held tight to her hair,giving it a sharp tug when she struggled.

"Peron told me you would put up a fight,but Princess, I can play just as rough." The deep voice growled at her as she was shoved towards the door. " Believe me, I didn't want this job. It was hell watching you for the last week,waiting for the time to strike." He hissed as he punched a code into the door panel.

The door panel blinked then the faint clicking of the door unlocking met her ears. " I hope you will show some manners when you meet your grandfather." Harmony felt her heart lurch at the mention of her grandfather,a man who without a thought cast his own daughter out of their world. She whipped her head around to stared up at the giant of a man. "I will never be nice to him. I hate him." She hissed as she was drug down a hallway to be carelesslly shoved into another room.

She turned to watched the giant be blocked off to her as the door slid shut,the locking visibly heard. She sun around looking around her ,at the room she had been tossed into. It was a small room,a bed,table and chair was only furniture. The window showed her the beauty of the water world around her. She wrapped her arms around her as she waited.

-woman-lady---fantasy-mony-style-mm.jpg

*******THREAD CLOSED*******

((Looking for a male rper to write as her captor,a cold callous man. Until they both have to flee for their lives and rely on each other. Her grandfather brought her here to make sure she didnt tell anyone about their world. Planning on marrying her off to someone else to keep her here. When her grandfather is killed the blame is put on her and she flees. Her captor at first chasing her thinking the same,then eventually realising she is innocent and framed. send me a short intro post via PM and we will go from there. Must post at least two paragraphs,no one liners unless absolutely needed. reply to thread at least once a week since I am only here about twice a week. thanks! BG

Last edited:
Percy walked through the deserted corridor. Although there was no one in sight, he was aware that his every move was being monitored. He controlled the urge to glance up at the light he knew hid the closed circuit camera. Although he didn't like it, he understood why the security was necessary. Peron is an important man. He was one of the few leaders who commanded respect and loyalty from the people of Atlantis. A decorated commander of their forces, he had distinguished himself in the war against the other underwater cities numerous times. It wasn't a war like the humans fought amongst each other on the surface. Rather, it was a subtle battle, requiring hit and run tactics by both the armies. Peron commanded innumerable small squads of soldiers. He had fought alongside them in his youth, but now, he had retired from active duty.

Still, Peron wielded considerable influence in their society. He was the only leader people believed incorruptible, and he had never given them reason to believe otherwise. Peron never desired power himself, at least it was never evident that he did. But he held great hold over the leaders of the city, and his whisperings into their ears were well heeded. For everyone knew that if they defied their will, they would not remain in power for long.

Percy had served under Peron for many years. He was devoted to Peron. Peron had earned this unwavering loyalty by serving as his squad commander on a number of missions beyond enemy lines. There was one time, when Percy had been captured. The protocol dictated that Peron leave him behind and continue with the mission. Percy had made peace with his fate. But Peron hadn't. He put his own life on the line to save Percy. The act had inspired a unique devotion in Percy. He would give his life for Peron, and Percy blindly followed the old General's orders from that day forth. Every word from Peron became gospel, and Percy sincerely believed that Peron had the best interests of their people at heart, even though Percy sometimes disagreed with the deep rooted hatred Peron had for humans. Percy had never had much contact with them, but if what Peron said was true, humans were selfish and spoilt, who had no regard for any other race than their own.

Over the years Peron had come to trust Percy more than any of his other soldiers. Percy was deadly in close combat, and devastatingly accurate with most weapons. His skills were unmatched under the water, and he doubted whether anyone could match him above it as well. This had made Percy Peron's own personal assassin. Percy had killed countless enemies for Percy, most of them high ranking officers or spies working for their enemies. Peron had also wanted to send Percy after some human targets as well, mostly the ones spreading their filth into the ocean, but even Peron wasn't powerful enough to break the Secrecy Pact without any major reason to do so. A long time ago, all underwater cities had formed a pact to keep their existence from the humans. It had been broken many times, sometimes intentionally, sometimes not, generally by lovers from both sides. But for the most part the Pact had stood the test of time. None of the cities were powerful enough to fight the humans, who were far more numerous, and thus the Pact was regarded very highly among all their people. Peron knew that breaking it for a trivial reason, even though the assassination would be carried out privately, was far too risky. Its discovery could easily turn the people against him.

Two bulky guards stood on either side of the door. Though no weapon was apparent on their person, Percy knew that each had at least a gun and a knife on him. As he waited for Peron to call him in, he calculated how he could take both of them down.

A kick to the genitals of the left one, while throwing a punch in the center of the chest of the other. Then, while they were both busy tending to their pain, twist the neck of the first one. The second one will try to reach for his gun or knife. Kick the chair towards him, hoping to catch him off balance, finishing with a kick to his head.

It was a game he played every time he visited Peron. A muffled sound from inside called him in. He glanced at the guards as he passed them. Till next time boys., he thought to himself.

Peron didn't beat around the bush. He gave Percy a file on his granddaughter, Harmony. Her father had been a human, and Peron's disgust at the fact was apparent in his words. The exile of Peron's daughter had been a constant source of gossip, although it had been a couple of decades since it had happened, but it was the first time Percy had heard him talk about a granddaughter. So the rumors were true. , he thought. Peron's daughter had been sighted many times in the city, or so the rumors said. Either for the fear of Peron, or for some other reason the rumor never spread too far before it stopped.

Peron wanted the girl captured and brought to him. Percy didn't blink an eyelid when he talked of kidnapping his own granddaughter. Percy had done such tasks for him before, although the target had always been a spy or a soldier of the enemy. Percy had never questioned his orders then, and he wasn't about to start now. Although it was the first time Peron had given him a topside assignment, Percy had full faith in his superior's orders. Also, in there society, it wouldn't be considered such a huge crime as it was in the human's. Harmony was Peron's granddaughter, and as such the old man had some claim on her. And she was a hybrid, who were held in an even lower pedestal than humans.

So, Percy stalked her. He waited patiently for an opportune moment, biding his time. It was a week before he could make his move. She had human blood, that much was apparent to him from the way she never took to the sea for the whole week. Finally, when he was just about to decide to go on land to take her, she swam out to him. He waited, then grabbed her in a vice like grip. He swam with her quickly back to the city. She struggled furiously, but was no match for him. She did manage to put a few scratches on him. He knew that she would be no match for him underwater. Even the strongest human would struggle to overpower the weakest Atlantian under the waves.

Percy marveled at her spirit. She fought him all the way down. Most people would have given up within a few minutes but not her. She truly had her grandfather's blood. She was smart too. She immediately tried to make her way to the door as soon as she was on her feet. Percy grabbed her by the hair. " Easy princess", he roared at her, letting a tug at her hair know that he was incharge.

Percy let her know who had ordered her brought here. He had thought that hearing the name of her grandfather would calm her down a little. Boy was he wrong. She looked at him with such hatred, he actually became a bit nervous. Not for the first time Percy wondered what Peron wanted with her. She at the very least seemed to detest his name.

Its not my place to know
, he said to himself before locking her up in one of the holding cells. He made sure that she was secure, the keypad lock was tamper proof. Percy made his way to Peron's chambers. He had chided himself for questioning Peron's motives but he believed Peron completely. He was sure that the girl will be safe and Peron had ordered her before him for her own sake.

Harmony was livid as she watched the man left her alone in the room.Her hand grabbed the first item in sight and hurled it to the closed door."You sonofabitch!" She yelled to nothing,her temper flaring,making her vision go red. Her eyes scanned the bare room,seeing no possible way out. She moved around the room in a nervous pace,glancing up often to the camera. The camera followed her every move and she finally had had enough.

Stalking over to the offensive machine she glared into the camera's eye. "You have no right to do this! For 21 years you have ignored me and my mother!"She yelled with a voice filled with hatred for the unseen grandfather she had never met. "You will not get away with this!" She yelled hoping he knew nothing of her missing parents. She finally felt her angry easing a degree and moved over to sit on the bed,her hands twisting on her lap.

Her head jerked upright as the door slid open and a woman entered followed by yet another large man. "Damn, isnt anything average around here?" She said more to herself than the others. She eyed the woman as she approached,setting a pile of clothing on the bed,no words yet spoken. Harmony looked at the clothes,curling her nose up at the regal looking gown that lay there. She hated wearing anything girly and wasn't about to now.

"You are wasting your time,I will keep what I have on."She said hatefully as she watched the woman and man look at each other,almost fearful. "You must. If you will not do so willingly we have orders to do it for you." The woman finally found her voice to speak,motioning for the man to move closer. Harmony watched,knowing she would be powerless against this man. With a low growl Harmony grabbed the silky clothes and stood up.

"Fine,but I will not dress with him in here."She hissed nodding to the guard. The woman turned and whispered somethng to the man and he turned on hs heel and left the room. Harmony knew the woman was probably armed as she removed her bikini top but left the bottoms on. he pulled the long gauzy white gown over her head letting it fall around her,the material folded around her as if it had been made for her. She slid her feet into the small kid slippers and with a quick run of her fingers through her hair turned to the woman.

"Happy now?"She asked sarcastically as she tried to control the mass of curls around her face. Her fingertips touched the gills along the back of her ears and she was brought back to the reality that she didnt fit into either world truly. The ache in her chest made her miss her mother,the one person she could always turn to. The woman nodded her approval as she moved to the table and with a touch of her hand the top turned into a computer monitor. Harmony sucked in her breath as the face of her grandfather appeared.

"Welcome home,Granddaughter. I know you are not happy with this forceful meeting but all will be explained in time. Galia here will help you dress and eat before you are brought to me. I will then tell you the reasoning behnd this meeting." The taped message hesitated for a moment before continuing. " I wish your mother could also be here but things have happened that have forced my hand to bring you here. You are a hybrid..born of two worlds,yet you are also my heir. "

"Soon I will explain all to you,you have no choice in these matters so I suggest you reign in that temper of yours and be nice to my people. People that which is also your people. With this said I shall see you soon." The message ended and once more the screen became a tabletop. Harmony looked back to Galia and then the events of the day hit her. She lunged at Galia and wrapped her hands around her neck tightly.

"I will not go,I will return to my own world."She hissed as she let one hand move over the woman's body soon finding the concealed knife. She yanked it loose and touched her throat with it,not noticing the woman was not fighting her. "Call your man in...I will return to the water now."She rdered to Galia,watching as they slowly walked to the door.

The door opened and the man started forward,the blade pricked Galia's neck and the woman began to tremble slightly. "Stop! Unless you want to explain why Galia was hurt." Harmony ordered to him as she slid out into the hallway with her captive. The man glared at Harmony as the two women moved backwards down the hallway. Harmony never took her eyes off the man as they moved,then her backside collided with a rock hard wall. She mumbled under her breath as she soun quickly,pushing Galia into Percy hard. She didnt wait to see what he did,but sprinted off down the hallway,her gown billowing out behind her as she rounded a corner.

She ran past other Atlantians,shoving them aside as she tried to remember which direction to go. Her feet making soft sounds on the polished floor as she ran. Her breath catching painfully as she turned yet another corner and leaning against the wall to take in some air. Her eyes looking frantically around her,she saw an open door and quickly moved through it into a semi darkened room. Her eyes adjusted quickly,the iris' slitting so she could see better. Another trait she had inherited from her mother.

The room seemed like a lab of some sort and she walked carefully deeper into it. Her eyes saw files and graphs of a work in progress,then her name on one folder caught her eye. She stopped and lifted the folder.

Subject: Harmony Rose Kincaide
Genetic make-up: Half Atlantian Half human

Notes: Said subject has been monitored for several years,her growth has been remarkable. She is showing more traits of the Atlantians over the hmans. Her physical appearance is almost identical to her mothers. She shows great amouts of emotion for the animal life both on land and sea. She has grown more uneasy the last several weeks,her sense of calling growing stronger. The call of the water pulling her. I see more and more of our people in her than her fathers people. This will benefit us greatly when she assumes her role her along side Peron. Her grandfather knows she is strong willed,but she must come to terms with her heritage. Time is of an essence,those who wish to cause trouble are growing larger and stronger.

I have been sending out the call of the dolphin across the seas at night and her body has been reacting to the call. Peron has sent his most trusted guard out to bring her home,how she reacts to Percy will be left unseen for now. Once brought her she will be sent for tests to see just how much she is like our people. Once this is done the descisions will be made.

Harmony stopped reading as she scanned lower. There were records of all her doctor visits,illnesses,accidents from her whole life. She frowned as she read on,the jumped as a small nose caught her ears. Spinning she held the knife u as a small wrinkled,older man emerged from the shadows. The sight of him made her cringe,something about him made her uncomfortable as he moved closer. "Stop."She told him as she moved backwards towards the door. Her eyes never leaving him as she used her free hand to feel for the doorway.

"You are as pretty as your mother. You look just like her."The old man whispered before coughing slightly. "I am Herrod,doctor to your Grandfather. I have been following you since your birth. You are remarkable."He continued to say as his eyes looked crazed. "You will do..yes you will do."

Harmony felt fear creeping up on her as he seemed to speak crazy. She turned to run once more but the old man was faster than he looked. His hand grabbed out and latched onto her arm,the quick sting of the needle plunging into her arm made her cry out. Yanking her arm away she shoved the man and staggered out the door,her vision blurred and her head spun. What had he injected her with? She thought to herself as she blinked quickly,the image of Percy moving towards her had her turning to run once more.

She took several steps before staggering into the wall,almost falling.Her hand reaching out to brace herself on the wall. The roaring began to fill her ears as she tok another step,this time her knees buckled and she sank to her knees on the floor. Lifting her head she looked up at Percy as he towered over her,the small doctor standing behind him chattering happily.

"Yes...yes..it is working. She will be completely numb soon."He said to Percy as he pushed by him to kneel down next to Harmony. The doctor reached out to push her hair away from her face. "Don't be afraid...It wont last long. Sleep is what you need right now. Your body has been deprived of rest for too long. You are home so now you rest."He said almost happily as he stood and motioned to Percy to lift her. Harmony took a quick swipe of the knife with the last of her strength,feeling the blade connect with clothing and skin,the grunt didn't reach her ears as she slumped forward,falling towards the hard floor.

Percy made his way straight to Peron. He felt the familiar satisfaction of a mission accomplished successfully. There was no way that it could have gone any better. Well, maybe if he had done it a bit sooner. But he had wanted to be sure that none of the humans should see him. And also, he was loathe to admit, but it took a week because of his reluctance to go on land. Like all Atlantians, he was strangely resistant about going on land. Although it didn't hurt them in any way, most of their people had never set foot on land. There were a few outcasts among them, who lived on land. But the record for being away from sea was at most 50 hours. After them, an Atlantian started babbling and became mad by the desire for the sea.

Of course, hybrids were another matter altogether. They didn't follow a strict rule. Some of them were more like humans, while some could be mistaken for a pure Atlantian. There hadn't been many hybrids, and most of them preferred to live on land, among the humans. The reason for this was the extreme prejudice against them underwater. It was an extension of the wariness of humans, and it had kept them from accepting hybrids into their society openly.

He had almost reached Peron's office when he heard the commotion behind him. The sound of excited voices could distinctly be heard, and he sighed and turned back. He had felt that something like this was going to happen. He knew that the girl would not keep quiet and obey her grandfather's orders obediently. He also knew that Peron had told his staff to treat her leniently and with care. Percy would have advised him against it but he didn't want to speak out against Peron's orders. He had seen the fight she had in her and it was only a matter of time that she tried to escape. But Percy had not thought that it would be so soon. At the very least he had wanted to get back to bed first and sleep off the week's fatigue.

Let her be someone else's problem. I've already spent one week on her.
, he thought. But of course, like a good soldier he rushed back to the room where he had left her. He saw her try to get out with her hostage. He stepped up behind her and waited. Percy didn't make any sudden moves, lest she do something stupid and hurt the woman in her grip.

It was a mistake, as Harmony quickly shoved the woman into him and tore off into the opposite direction. It took some minutes for Percy to disentangle himself from the woman before following Harmony down the corridor. He saw the creepy old Harrod confront her. Before he could stop Harrod, he had injected her with something.

Percy watched with distaste as Harrod cooed over her. He didn't like the small man. But Peron trusted his doctor blindly and who was he to question Peron's trust.

He moved forward to pick up Harmony before she lost her balance. He was surprised when she swiped at him, slashing his upper arm. The shirt tore through and he could feel his warm blood ooze out of the cut. He felt the familiar tinge of pain, but it was nothing compared to the tortures he had endured as a pow.

The girl's felt weightless in his strong arms. Percy realized how strong she must be, if she weighed so little and still put up such a fight on their way down. Even though he loathed to admit it, the doctor had been right to sedate her. Percy had a feeling that she would have been extremely difficult to handle awake. It was at this moment that he also became acutely aware that the girl was wearing only the thin gown and was extremely attractive

Percy could count the number of lovers he had had on one hand. Despite being handsome and fit, he had always been shy around members of the opposite sex, especially the beautiful ones. He had, of course, never allowed this to hamper his missions in any way, even when he had to capture an extremely beautiful enemy spy a couple of years ago. He had never told anyone this, and the lack of women in the military had only served to cement the problem.

He was stuck standing there, the beautiful hybrid granddaughter of his mentor in his arms, as he thought about what to do next. Peron might want to see Harmony directly. But as Percy hadn't been summoned for, the thought of walking into Peron's chamber with his unconscious granddaughter was preposterous. Instead he was about to take her back to his cell when he felt a tap on his elbow.

" Leave her here", the doctor ordered, pointing to a bed in the corner of the room. When Percy hesitated, the small man smiled and threatened, " Get on with it. You may be Peron's golden errand boy, but you don't want to be on my bad side."

Percy hesitated no more. He knew that Harrod was a sick bastard, but he was higher up in Peron's hierarchy than Percy. And that meant blind obedience. Percy heard Harrod's mad whispers, "Yes..yes...this is good.....she is good indeed." as he gently lowered the lithe form of Harmony on to the bed. He had no idea what Peron or Harrod had planned for the girl, but for the first time, he had a small doubt about Harrod's intentions. And by extension, Peron's intentions as well.

Shaking his head, he backed to a corner of the room. Harrod walked towards where Harmony lay, but instead turned towards Percy. He took out a small patch of cloth and wiped his cut with it. Then, as Percy stood still, the doctor applied a liberal dose of an ointment on the wound.

"There. That should make it better within the hour", he said to the soldier. Percy winced as the medicine took effect. He knew that his skin would be smooth and blemishless within the hour. He hated the constant irritation the medicine caused. Already, he was longing for an hour to pass so he could wash off the ointment and with it the burning.

" Now leave us.", Harrod commanded. Percy saw that he had had taken out another syringe from his pocket, possibly to wake Harmony up. This time, Percy didn't hesitate and walked out of the room. He gave one last glance to the sleeping figure of Harmony as he closed the door.

Even though he had earned his rest, Percy didn't go back to his quarters. Instead, he hung out outside the room, the reason for which he himself didn't understand.

Last edited:
Harmony stirred,her drug induced nightmares haunting her. Her head tossed on the pillow as her body jerked in reaction to the needle breaking the skin. The drug flooded her system,her eyes fluttered several times before she slowly opened them. The mix of drugs had her head pounding as she slowly shifted to raise herself up on her elbows,her head swam. She swallowed deeply fighting the urge to vomit as she trid not to move to quickly. Her eyes narrowed as Harrod moved closer to her. His foul breath hit her in the face as he leaned closer and lifted her hair. He chuckled happily as he ran a finger across her gills behind her ear.

"Yes...yes..."He rambled on as he stepped backwards. "You are remarkable. A perfect hybrid." Harmony felt her anger rise at the use of that word. A word she had detested all her life.

Harrod moved back to his desk and wrote for several minutes before turning once more to Harmony. His smile suddenly made her nervous. "Your grandfather doesn't realise just how perfect you are." he began speaking as his yellowed eyes watched her. " He wishes to see you... He wishes to know his daughter's child."

Harrod moved over to her,one hand held a syringe like the first one he had used and Harmony scooted back on the bed. "I will not use this if you are a good girl."He said with a tone that told Harmony he wanted to jab her again.

"I don't wish to see him. He deserted us,left his daughter to the cruelty of her home. He made her leave because she loved my father."Harmony said her voice cracking at the mention of her missing parents. Her mother was her best friend as well as wonderful mother.

Harrod burst out laughing then his face turned harsh. "Your mother was a harlot..."He hissed as he grasped her arm tightly pulling her to her feet roughly." She let herself be tricked into loving a human,something she knew was forbidden."

Harrod pulled her towards the door,flashing the warning of the needle before placing it out of sight. Harrod jerked Harmony out the door before she could react to his words,her temper simmering,wanting to claw the ugly man's eyes out. She was pushed past the monster of a man who had brought her here down the hallway. She walked along following Harrod's commands,fighting the urge to run once more. She would wait,the time would become right again,then this time she woouldnt get caught again. She felt her heart speed up as Harrod told their escort to hold her there until he spoke to her grandfather. He disappeared inside the door closng behind him.

Peron looked up as Harrod hurried in,he stood moving over to hug his most trusted friend and doctor. He had already been told of Harmony's escape attempt and knew she was as spirited as her mother. The daughter he had forced to leave,missing her deeply each day. He knew each time his daughter had returned to the city,her few loyal friends hiding her during these trips. He had tried several times to see her or daughter. Never having even talked to Harmony,but following their lives closely.

Peron knew her parents were missing,he had his suspicions to what had happened to the and hoped he was wrong. He knew most likely they were dead,victims of the next city. A city ruled by his own brother,a man who thrived on nothing but pain and suffering. He was brought baack from his thoughts at Harrod's words. "She is her mother's daughter,but she is also her father's daughter. A perfect cross of both worlds." Harrod smiled as he watched Peron pondering this.

Peron nodded and then smiled. "I am glad to hear this. She will be a mighty Heir to me when the time is right and with the proper training. She will take my place one day and I wish to put all hard feelings behind us."Peron said sadly as he tried to forget the pain he has felt all these years. A pain he truly wanted to erase and make right by Harmny.

"Bring her in...I wish to finally meet my Grand-daughter."Peron said softly as he went and sat down on the chair. The room Harrod had entered resembled a throne room,a great hall. Atlanteans milled arund,some doing everyday things,children playing. The air in the room was light but yet those in there knew wht this meeting meant.

Harrod walked over nd opened the door,grasping Harmony by the arm,pulling her into the room. He nodded once at Percy,motioning for him to tke his usual place standing beside Peron.Harmony looked upon the man she had hated all these years. Not really understanding why he would do what he had done. She swallowed her hate as the eyes of all those assembled turned to look at her. She stopped several feet from Peron an finally met her granfather for the first time.

Peron fought for air as he looked upon the exact image of his daughter,Harmony as much shorter and petite,yet the facial features was identical. He stood,moving to stand in front of Harmony,his form like the others,towering over her. She fought the urge to run,meeting his gaze straight on. "You are so much like my Adriel,so beautiful."He said softly reaching out to touch her cheek.

Harmony stood there,his touch soft on her cheek. She couldnt stand it s he continued to stare. " I wish I could erase all these years...take back all the hurtful words."he said softly continuing to look at her,wishing she would say something. "I was a foolish man,now I am a foolish old man. I want to make things up to you,Harmony."

Harmony had herd enough,she yanked away from his touch,her eyes blazing. "You wish!" She let her temper explode. "What about how my mother and father felt! She loved you until they vanished...she wanted to come home to her family. But she couldn't,she had to sneek to see the few people that truly loved her here! "Harmny pushed his hand away from her,turning her head to glare at those around her.

"I will never forgive you for this...you..you..."She struggled for the words,tears beginning to stream down her cheeks. " You took her away from all she loved...now she hs been taken from me! My father as well...why?" Harmony demanded clenching her fists. "What did she do but love my father and me! You sent her away...if they are dead it is all your fault! I HATE YOU...I WISH YOU WERE DEAD!"She yelled,her body shaking as she saw Harrod moving forward,the needle in hand.

"No!" Came the tortured command from Peron as he motioned for Harrod to stop. His command wasn't swift enough as Harmony felt the sting into her skin,the burn then the room began to sway. Peron cursed outloud as she could vaguely make out him dismissing all in the room except for Harrod and Percy. She shook her head,not caring of the tears streaming down her cheeks. She staggered backwards,her hand grasping a chair back to try a halt her fall.

"She never stopped missing or loving you....." Harmony whispered to Peron as the blackness engulfed her. She didn't feel the strong arms that caught and lifted her. Nor did she hear anything else. "Percy,take her to the room adjoining mine..." Then all went totally black once more.

Back