Into the Fire (closed for Jack Hemingway)

Well, he at least had an answer about where her name came from, and it was easy to sense there was a conflict there. If she wanted to go by Lexi, he had no problem with that. Part of him realized she might not have been delighted with being called partner, though. It told him that there was room for something more in their relationship down the road, but they were far already. Of course, he'd been assigned to primarily large, beefy male firefighters, so this possibility in a partnership wasn't something he'd ever have to entertain.

When she came in, though, he was happy to see her. She had great athletic legs, and he was sure she ran regularly. She looked beautiful without makeup or her hair being done, and he was curious how tattoos looked on her creamy white skin. Also, her reaction to the teddy bear was positive. Butch would never have a relationship with a woman who didn't like teddy bears.

Butch rolled on his side, so he faced Lexi and replied to her, "I don't have plans for you, but it is fun spending time with you away from work. I'm not sure I can top an exciting first day like that, but I certainly didn't think we'd end up here like this. I'm not sure your mom would approve," he teased her and got a pretty positive reaction.

"So I wanted to say that you will let me make you breakfast if you have time. If not, I can send you out the door with a cup of coffee. The lunch crowd shows up at 11 o'clock anyway. I help my parents on my days off. I'm expecting a few beer trucks and the like. You saw the washer and drier in the bathroom, so I do stuff regularly, and I'll probably work out at some point. Oh, and my sister-in-law does the same thing with t-shirts. I think it has been years since she bought a nightgown. Of course, she wears the ones my brother wore first, too."

Butch thought he was reading the situation well enough, so he slid over and leaned in, gave his partner a long bear hug, and whispered, "Night, partner, see you in the morning."

He moved back to his side of the bed, turned off the light, and settled in before closing his eyes. A hell of a first day, he thought.

Last edited:
Lexi laughed at the comment about her mom. He was right, she would have had a conniption fit if she knew where her daughter was at the moment. "Breakfast would be nice, thanks." He leaned in and for a split second she thought - she hoped - he was finally going to cross the line, but instead it was just a hug. "G'night."

As Butch pulled away, a pang of disappointment shot through Lexi. She was momentarily disarmed by his affection, and now she couldn't seem to get her heart rate back under control. With an inward sigh, she turned the lamp on her side of the bed before turning over on her side and stared at the window, her mind racing with images of what could have happened if he'd done more than just hug her. His body over hers, taking her, possessing her, filling her. Her cheeks flushed at the thoughts and she immediately pushed them away. She knew she should sleep, but sleep wouldn't come.

Instead, she found herself reliving the day's events over and over again, the way he'd looked at her throughout the evening. She rolled onto her back again, staring up at the ceiling, wondering if she was just imagining things. Maybe he was just being friendly. Maybe he didn't feel anything more.

She sighed heavily, tossing and turning beneath the soft covers. As the minutes ticked by, her exhaustion began to win out over her restlessness, and her eyelids grew heavy before sleep took her.

Pale gray light of the morning drifted through the window as Alexandra's eyes fluttered open. It took several long moments before her brain registered the weight and warmth that encompassed her. Butch's warm body was pressed against her back, with his arm slid over her waist and holding her closer against himself. His hand had found its way underneath her shirt and rested on her ribs just beneath her breasts. She swallowed thickly, her body instinctively responding to his closeness, to his warm breath against the back of her neck. She could feel the warmth of his skin, the strength in his arms, the way she seemed to melt into him, like she belonged there. It was a feeling she hadn't experienced in a long time, if ever, and she didn't want it to end. She wanted to savor it.

Butch shifted, and momentarily he pulled her tighter to him. His fingers flexed against her ribs in a way that sent shivers through her. Then she could tell he was waking up, and gaining recognition of who he was holding. His breathing changed and his sleepy movements stilled.

Butch started to pull away.

Without even thinking, she lightly gripped the arm that was wrapped around her, keeping his hand pressed to her skin. "It's okay," she murmured, her voice still thick with sleep. She could feel the hesitation rolling off of him. "You don't have to let me go; you can hold me for a little bit longer."

Butch, like any man, could be civilized, and that meant thinking things through and governing your passions. After all, you couldn't be like a primitive savage just going up to a female, ripping free her clothing, taking her on the ground, and pounding her until you both orgasmed and bred. Maybe that is why it was so hard for him to break the hug with her. He wanted to pull the shirt off over her head, kiss her push her panties aside, and fuck her until they both were too tired and then collapse wrapped together in the warmth of their shared body heat. That is what felt natural, but he went to sleep and had to be satisfied with dreams. They were of the lovely Alexandra walking around the firehouse filled with myst in the nude. You didn't need any dreams to analyze there and couple that with intense feelings of sexual desire after some action; well, it was pretty natural, and even his body knew it. So it was no surprise that he woke up holding Alexandra close with his around her. His first reaction was to hold her even tighter in the early morning hours, but soon, he realized he might have crossed a line with his new friend. He didn't get frantic or anything, but he was trying to find an explanation when she spoke up, and it wasn't out of fear or anger.

"You don't have to let me go; you can hold me for a little bit longer," is what stuck with him, and he held her a bit longer. Enjoying the sensual warmth. Butch was sure she knew he was hard just by how close they were wrapped up under the sheets. He leaned in and kissed her cheek and gently kissed her earlobe. He wanted to do more, but this was crazy and intense.

"Hey," he whispered to her, and she nodded acknowledgment, then he continued. "We went through something together and needed someone to be close to, so we ended up here. This isn't a bad thing and maybe something we can even say partners do together, but we do need to talk about this and what it means. For now, though, I want to share this moment, and then we can talk about all the messy stuff over coffee. The automatic brewing machine goes off in a half hour. Sound good? For now, let's enjoy the moment and know I find you sexy without makeup and very desirable. Oh, and whatever you say next or do, this is nobody's business but ours, Lexi. "

She didn't even realize she'd been holding her breath till it came out in a shaky exhale when he kissed her cheek and then her ear, his stubble sending a thrill down her spine. Maybe it was the haze of sleep that was still fogging their inhibitions, or perhaps it was the closeness they'd shared all night, but whatever it was, it made it easy for them to be honest with each other. Butch's words, washed over her like a warm bath, easing some of the tension that hung in the air. She nodded, taking a deep breath in the scent of him, the sheets, and the air. It was a heady mix that seemed to lull her back into that comfortable place where she felt safe and wanted.

She stayed where she was for a minute or two and traced her fingers along the hand he held against her, just enjoying the comfortable silence, but also considering his words. He'd left the door open for her to make the next move. He found her sexy and desirable, but he was respecting her boundaries and giving her the room to take things further or leave them where they were at. Lexi rolled over slowly to face him. She trailed her fingers along his jaw, his stubble tickling her palm, as she studied his face. His eyes met hers, and she could feel her heart skip a beat.

"Nobody's business but ours," she repeated in a whisper before pressing her lips to his. It was a tentative kiss at first, one that told him she wanted to see where this would go without any expectations or assumptions. She knew they shouldn't, but she wanted to.

Last edited:
Butch knew if someone had told him the last twenty-four hours in advance, he probably would have laughed. You finalize your divorce, get a new partner, and save a life, all big changes by themselves, but then you find yourself in bed with her. Yeah, he would have called bullshit on that. The thing is, in that beautiful moment, none of that mattered. She kissed him, and he kissed her back hard. His muscular arms wrapped around her slender athletic frame, and he rolled her on top of him, still under the warmth of the covers. Then things started getting more intense, with the kisses continuing, hands wandering from her hair to her lovely panty-covered buns. He actually cupped her butt and lifted her up, so she leaned over him as they kissed. She seemed to react positively, maybe not with words but with happy sounds, as they kept kissing. He slid his hands up her hips, caressing her lovely soft skin, took hold of her t-shirt, and pulled it up and off of her body. She moved with it, lifting herself and her arms. He tossed it aside, and within seconds, he was looking into her eyes and caressing her lovely, firm breasts. Her hair tie was lost along the way, and her beautiful red hair hung down and perfectly caught the morning light that came through the covered windows. Part of him wanted to say I love you, baby, but they weren't there by a long shot, no matter how good this felt. After that long, intense minute still caressing her breasts, he said, "Good morning, Lexi; you know how beautiful you are, right? If not, I wanted to say that again. Also, just because it isn't anyone's business doesn't make it less special."

With that brief break in passion, he rolled her off onto her side with her head resting on the pillow next to his. He leaned over and kissed her again, and while it might have seemed innocent at first, his hand slid between her legs and began rubbing her through her panties. He worked around and soon felt her clit and began rubbing her intensely as they made out tongues going in and out of mouths. Kisses to the neck, some stopping short so as not to leave any marks, and he helps her with his other arm. It was dirty and naughty, and he was working her to an orgasm in the morning, but it was done lovingly and passionately. He was strong but not overwhelming her. He knew she wanted and liked it, and her body reacted to his touch. All she had to do was say stop or shift over, and he would, but he knew that wasn't what she was feeling. So he kept working to get her off in the early morning light.

Lexi moaned against Butch’s mouth as she pressed against him, and their tongues tangled together in a dance that felt as intimate as it was desperate. He rolled her so she was on top, her legs straddling either side of his hips. Her fingers threaded through his hair as his hands traveled down her back to her ass, pulling her closer. She giggled happily against his lips as his callused hands roamed over her skin to her hips before pulling the oversized t-shirt over her head. The movement also caused the blankets to slip down, exposing her skin to the cool morning air. She didn't cover herself despite the flush spreading across her chest and face. Instead, she quietly observed him seeming to revel in the sight of her. He caressed her breasts and she leaned into his hands. "Good morning," she murmured, her eyes closing while she enjoyed his touch, and the sound of his voice. She only nodded as he promised that this moment was still special, whatever this moment was. Before her mind could wander and start to overthink and analyze, he rolled her to the side and his lips claimed hers again.

Goosebumps ran across her skin as his hand traveled down her stomach before slipping between her thighs. He rubbed slow lazy circles through her panties, the fabric already damp from her arousal. It didn't take long till he found her clit, and the gentle touch sent a shiver of desire coursing through her. His lips found their way to her neck, searing fire against the sensitive skin, his hand still moving, faster and harder now, and she felt herself starting to lose control. She gripped the sheet beneath her in one hand, the other holding to his bicep as her hips moved in rhythm with his hand. Her body jolted with each stroke of his fingers against her clit, each touch more intense than the last. The air in the room seemed to thicken, the morning light filtering through the windows casting a warm glow across their skin. She could feel herself getting closer, her body tensing, the pressure building inside her. Her hips bucked beneath him, her breath coming in ragged cries as her pleasure spiraled into an intense orgasm. Her nails dug into his skin as she arched her back, practically levitating off the bed as her body shuddered under the force of her climax. The pleasure was intense, overwhelming, and it felt like every nerve ending in her body was on fire.

Finally, the wave passed after what seemed like an eternity, and it left her gasping for air. She couldn't stop looking at Butch, couldn't stop marveling at the way he made her feel. Her body felt loose and relaxed, every muscle boneless. Lexi ran her fingers through his hair again, feeling the soft strands tickle her palm. "Thank you," she whispered, her voice husky from the aftermath. "That was..." She trailed off, not sure how to adequately express how good it felt, how much she'd needed it, how much she wanted him.

Butch moved up the bed, propping himself on his elbow as he looked down at her. His face was flushed, his eyes searching hers, and she could see the question in them. He wanted to know if it was enough, if she wanted more. She smiled, pulling him down to her. "I'm not finished with you yet," she whispered, then captured his lips in a long, slow kiss. When she pulled back, she pulled at the collar of his t-shirt, and more than willingly he moved to help remove the piece of clothing. Lexi trailed her fingers down his chest, over the hard planes of his stomach, as if trying to memorize every curve of his flesh, every tattoo that covered his skin.

A question popped into her head and it drew a chuckle from her, realizing it kind of stupid, but an honest question nonetheless. "If you get me begging your name..." She started, pressing a kiss to his jaw. "What do you want me to say? Butch?" She trailed her lips lower to his neck. "Kenneth?" She pressed her lips to his shoulder. "Ken? Kenny?" The last one didn't fit him and make her laugh again.

Last edited:
Butch nuzzled against her, trying not to rub razor stubble against her soft alabaster flesh as he listened to her ask about what name she was to cry out. It sounded silly, maybe a little, but it was also sweet and enduring. She cared and wanted it to be right or, rather, give the most pleasure. His hands slid down her lovely, strong, sensual hourglass frame, resting on her panty-covered hips, and he looked into her eyes, gave her a quick kiss, and smiled. "You can call me anything you want when we're alone, Lexi. You're smart, sexy, and beautiful."

He touched her face gently and felt a rise of feelings, but he couldn't share any of those now. This was about sex, and well, why not enjoy it with someone who you cared about? Friends could do that, right? How do you express all those passionate feelings and joy without saying it? He slid one hand to her butt, another to her back, and lifted her up and flipped her to her back gently, never losing control as he held her in her strong arms. He moved on top of her, caressed her hair, and kissed her again. I might have seemed redundant, but he so enjoyed doing it to her as his hands moved to her breasts again. He gently squeezed them and took time to lick the nipples and circle the areole with his tongue and even kissed her firm belly before moving and sliding her panties down her legs, caressing her along the way. She softly kicked her legs, letting them come off her legs. He also noted she had more tattoos and was thrilled with the little smile that she painted her toes. He tossed her panties away in the general direction of her t-shirt before standing between her legs on the bed and sliding off his sweat pants, revealing his strong longer body and very erect cock with his balls hanging down. He squatted back down, moving back a little, massaging the soles of her feet in his hands and looking back at her. "I'm glad we can talk like this to Lexi. I wanna make you feel good, and I'm flattered at the thought of you begging me to do anything."

They enjoyed the tender moment as Butch looked at her with desire as he massaged the pressures of the last workday out of her feet as they lay together in bed in the morning light. The coffee pot alarm's sound blaring interrupted the morning pleasure's silence. Butch turned his head for a moment but quickly turned it back. as he heard Lexi say, "Don't you dare leave me like this!"

He leaned down and kissed her on the lips and dragged his hands down the length of her body, caressing her before going back to rubbing her feet. "I wouldn't dare, nor do I want to this morning, and I'd say that if we were still dressed and only cuddling. I didn't expect this when we linked up yesterday, but I'm really got we're here now."

Lexi sighed a gentle moan as his mouth and hands found her breasts, sucking and rolling her hard nipples with his tongue and fingers. Her stomach tightened as he trailed further down, his lips tickling the sensitive skin of her lower belly, before she wiggled her legs to aid with removing her panties down the length of her legs. She laid bare before him and couldn't help but stare as he shucked away his sweats. Her eyes travelled his body, strong, muscular, down to his cock that was thick and long. Her pussy throbbed at the sight, but he didn't give her long to ogle before he moved to massage her feet.

Butch's strong hands and fingers made long strokes along the arches of her feet, somehow finding and melting away every knot and bit of tension. The redhead gave a contented hum in response to his words, reveling in the feeling of being completely at ease with him. It was a rare and special feeling; one she was grateful for. She watched him through half-lidded eyes, admiring the play of muscles across his chest and shoulders as he worked his magic on her feet. His cock bobbed slightly between them, a silent tease that only seemed to make her want him more.

The loud beep of the coffee maker punctuated the comfortable silence and momentarily stole Butch's attention, his hands stilling. "Don't you dare leave me like this!" she admonished. His attention was back on her, his lips pressed to her once more before moving back down her body again, his thumbs stroking delightful circles in the soles of her feet.

Her eyes fluttered closed and her head fell back, making her hair spill over her pillow like a red waterfall, as she gave herself over to his touch. His hands moved up her calves, kneading and massaging the muscles, his fingers tracing delicate patterns over her skin. Then up to her thighs, strong hands sliding smoothly over her flesh. Butch was gentle but confident, as if he knew her body better than she did. His hands continued their journey higher, and she felt a thrill course through her veins. She bit her bottom lip in anticipation, but just as she thought he was going to touch her most intimate place again, his hands changed course to slide over her hips and then back down to her knees. He did this again, and again, his touch playful and teasing, drawing a frustrated whimper from Lexi. He was torturing her. Did he want her to beg?

"You're a cruel man, Butch. You know that?" Her voice was teasing, but there was an undercurrent of desire that belied her words. He moved back up her body, his hands gliding over her stomach and then cupping her breasts, thumbs teasing her nipples into hard peaks. She arched her back, pressing herself against his touch. "You're gonna actually make me beg for this, aren't you?" she panted, her eyes locked on his. He leaned down, his lips brushing against her ear and his breath warm against her skin.

Last edited:
From head to toe, Lexi was a delight to behold and caress. Her lovely red mane, soft white skin, a strong but compact beautiful body down to her feet with her electric blue pedicure. The small little strip of red hair between her legs let him know she was all natural. The sounds she made indicated how much she was enjoying herself, and as he listened to her words, he knew this was not just idle play. The bare goddess lay before him wanton and willing, and who was he to even delay further pleasure? He moved her around the bed so she was comfortable with her head on the pillow, her long hair spilling over it. He moved between her legs and slid his arms under her legs, making a V-shape as his cock got closer to her honey pot bouncing off her warm wet folds as he lined himself up as his cock rubbed against her smooth thighs. Butch knew there was no need for further approval and pushed his very hard morning wood into her warm wet pussy. He let out a deep breath as he sighed with pleasure, and for a brief moment, all was right with the world, and he savored the moment.

As Butch held up her athletic legs in his strong arms, he began thrusting his hips and thrusting passionately, holding her so he could hit her sweet spot over and over again. She moaned with approval as he took her bareback that morning. Just twenty-four hours ago, they'd met with not much more in common than a profession, but after what they'd shared, they connected in a much more intimate way. The sounds of his hard member moving through her wetness made the most wonderful and naughty sounds. He knew that he had to be working her into orgasms again and wanted to prolong things as much as he could as he watched her clutch at the sheets on the bed. He kept going, but as he was on his knees, he felt some tightness in his limbs but didn't want to stop, so he compromised. He pulled his cock out of her abruptly but smoothly and kicked his legs back and off the bed. Before she could register disapproval or question things with his feet firmly planted on the hardwood floor, he grabbed underneath her thighs, pulled her to the edge of the bed, and pushed back inside her again. Only seconds had passed, so he began thrusting hard again. With being able to push off the floor even harder, he slammed into her repeatedly. A few times, he did tease her, pulling out all but the tip only to thrust back into her, all at once, and there were times she was so wet he slipped out of her, but he regained his stance and pushed in again. Soon, he was up to the short, controlled thrusts pounding away between her legs that were now wrapped around him loosely. It was all so wonderful, the smell, the caressing of flesh, and while this was just a morning passionate fuck he found himself looking into her beautiful eyes and getting lost in the dream.

What brought him back to reality was the fact that he felt the cum building up in his body and his body tensing. He was going to cum inside of Lexi, and despite being intelligent adults, they hadn't talked about anything important like contraception, much less about a relationship. It was not like he had much time for any of that thinking, but passion didn't completely override his senses, and he bucked back against her legs and pulled out his cock, which exploded like a shotgun as his body shook and his cock pulsed as he shot his load all over her right thigh and onto her belly. He actually orgasmed so hard his legs felt a little weak, and he leaned down and laid on her chest on her cleavage and moaned and panted for a long minute. He looked up at her in disbelief for a moment and almost said I love you, followed by an I'm sorry, but words failed, so he adjusted himself, lifted her sweaty body to his, and helped her stand up. He needed to help steady her, and then he held her and kissed her as hard as he could. He held her tight, and she could feel him caress her hair and down her back again as his hands reached her butt and gently cupped it, and held her close to him. He whispered in her ear, "You'll never have to beg to be with me, Lexi. I don't know what you felt this morning, but it was something special, not just because you stayed the night."

He stepped back to look into her eyes, and she held onto him even though they only parted a few inches. He cupped her jaw in his hand, and his thumb caressed her crimson lips. He stared into her soul through her eyes, and now would have been the perfect time to say something romantic, but this was his partner. For those who risked their lives together, that term wasn't any downgrade, and in some cases, people developed bonds that were closer than marriages or friendships. This was just an extension of that right? He did kiss her again, actually dipping her neck back. This could be a mess, but at this moment, it felt wonderful. He wanted to express so many feelings, but he could only say, "Hey, partner, wanna have coffee and then a shower?"

Lexi's body practically vibrated with need and anticipation as he positioned himself between her legs, hooking them over his arms. She took a sharp breath as he sank into her. How could one simple movement make her toes curl, and her insides tighten and ache with even more need? She let out a moan, feeling him stretch her as he began to thrust, slow and controlled at first before finding just the right pace, just the right angle to get her gripping the sheets like they could save her. She felt the tension building inside her, felt her body tensing and readying for the inevitable release.

Just as quickly as he had filled her completely, she suddenly felt empty as he pulled out, shifting to the end of the bed. But before she could process, before she could protest, he gripped her thighs and pulled her down the bed to him, eliciting a squeal of laughter, that quickly morphed into a moan as he pushed back inside her again. His thrusts were harder now, more urgent, his hips slapping against her. Butch gripped her hips tightly as he pounded into her, and she held to his arms as her legs wrapped around him. Her muscles tensed, her orgasm building, threatening to break free any moment, each thrust sending a jolt of pleasure through her, each moan from his lips causing a shiver of delight to race down her spine. He teased her a few times, slowing down and almost pulling out again, before slamming right back into her.

And then, as he gripped her hips tightly, holding her still as he drove into her, she felt it. A sharp, intense pleasure that seemed to shoot up from her core and spread through her entire body. She cried out his name, her body arching off the bed as waves of pleasure washed over her, leaving her spent and satisfied. As he followed her over the edge, she felt him pull from her again, felt his hot seed spill over her skin. She wrapped her arms around him as he lay against her chest, holding him as they both tried to catch their breath. He looked up at her with unspoken words shining in his eyes. What was going through that handsome head of his?

When at last they came back to earth, he stood slowly from her body, their skin sticking with sweat. Her heart still hammered in her chest, her entire body still tingling from the sensations he'd brought out in her. She could feel the dampness between her thighs, the lingering warmth where he'd been inside her, and across her lower stomach where ribbons of his seed stuck to her skin. She felt oddly bereft, wanting nothing more than to pull him back inside her. But he was already helping her stand, steadying her as they faced each other.

She nearly melted as his hand cupped her jaw, his thumb tracing the line of her lower lip. His eyes were intense, searching hers, and she felt a flutter low in her belly as he leaned forward and pressed his lips to hers. She let out a soft moan into his mouth, her body responding even as her mind still tried to make sense of what had just happened.

He offered coffee then a shower and she nodded in agreement with a soft smile. "Sure. Meet you in the kitchen?" she said, wanting to at least wipe herself off first. He leaned in and gave her one more lingering kiss, his fingers giving her ass a gentle squeeze, before releasing her. Lexi grabbed the t-shirt she slept in from the floor and padded her way into the bathroom. She grabbed a washcloth and after getting it damp, ran it over her stomach and leg, wiping what was lift of him from her skin. She leaned on the counter and took a deep breath, staring at her reflection in the mirror. Her hair was a fluffy, unruly mess and her lips were swollen and dark pink. Her skin had the slightest pink glow, a flush from the pleasure he'd given her. There was no denying the satisfied ache between her legs. Even so, she felt oddly shy, as if they'd just done something forbidden, and in a sense they had. The reality of their actions slowly settled over her. There was no going back now.

His words echoed in her mind. 'You'll never have to beg to be with me...It was something special.'

She didn't do hook-ups or one-night stands, or in this case one-morning stands. But his words made her believe he didn't either, that there would be a next time. The thought was both thrilling and terrifying, like they were performing on the edge of propriety, their lives and their partnership hanging in the balance with each touch, each word. She didn't want to be a rebound, knowing his marriage just ended, but didn't want this to be a one-time thing either.

The sound of cabinets opening and closing and the clinking of ceramic mugs against the kitchen counter top drew Alexandra from her thoughts, and she followed it to the kitchen, now dressed in the navy blue t-shirt again. Butch, who wore his sweats again with no shirt, was fixing two mugs of coffee, his movements efficient and sure. Lexi took a seat on one of the barstools that lined the kitchen island and watched him, a small smile playing on her lips. There was something soothing about the ordinary domesticity of the scene. But she knew it wasn't real, that this was nothing more than a temporary reprieve from the truth of their situation.

He slid her mug of coffee across the counter to her and she wrapped her hands around it, inhaling the rich, aromatic scent. "Thanks," she murmured, taking a sip. It was just how she liked it, full of sugar and cream, and she realized he had paid attention to how she'd fixed her coffee the day before. "So," she said, her voice hesitant as she stared at her cup, "what do we do now?" Her question hung in the air between them, knowing neither of them probably wanted to have this conversation. But she also knew the conversations you wanted to avoid were the ones that needed to happen.

Last edited:
Butch was trying to recap the last twenty-four hours in his head, but that was easy to go through it all. He met someone new. She seemed nice; they performed rescue and other job operations, and she met his parents and extended bar family. The sharing of the bed and then having sex in the early morning light was a little bit harder to process, though. He always thought it was pretty lame when someone at the firehouse or the bar told him sex just happened like it was an accident or out of your control, but this was pretty simplistic, and it did just happen. They both wanted it, and it happened, social norms be damned. In the aftermath, though, they had to deal with things, and the best he could do at the time was offer her coffee. It was something, so once she returned to the bathroom to clean up, he began making coffee after pulling on his pants. Part of him just wanted to take her to bed again after calling downstairs to say he'd be late for lunch, but he couldn't avoid talking with this new woman in his life.

She exited the bathroom shortly before he was finished and sat on one of the bar stools across the counter from him. For some reason, he was grateful that his place was clean. He also wondered if she knew how gracefully she moved across the floor and how pretty she looked barefoot in only a t-shirt. Okay, her hair was a mess, but that was bedhead, followed by them rolling around together. She did have a pretty smile, and he was sure she cleaned up nice. The coffee he made was particularly strong, a brand made by a small firefighter-owned company, but the fact that she drank it down with no disapproval told him he remembered how she liked it right. She started to talk, and he nodded and came around the counter with his cup of coffee. He sat beside her, looked at her, smiled, and nodded.

"Well, I thought it was nerve-racking getting naked and being with someone new, but well, this isn't easy. I'm glad we did it, though. I mean, we both seemed to enjoy it," He saw proof of that in her face and mood, even if she hadn't said anything. He did tease a little and said, "I honestly have never done this with a partner before, but the one thing we did establish was this isn't anyone's business then ours. I don't want you to feel the need to transfer or anything."

He reached out to hold her hand, and she finished her sip of coffee quickly and reached out and clutched his, and they both gave the other a little squeeze. "Look, we risked our lives together once already, and we comforted each other, but well, we slept together, and it could have just stopped at cuddling, but it didn't. I enjoyed being with you like that, and I'd like to do it again. But what kind of relationship is this? We're barely friends yet, and well, I'm glad you're my partner. This might be doing things backward, but we could keep having sex as we get to know each other. We know we make each other feel good; if anything, I think this is just the start. We've got to talk about birth control and what isn't okay as far as limits. You don't have to go to Sunday dinner if you don't want to, and you can get another partner."

He leaned in and nuzzled her and gently caressed her, and with his hot breath on her neck, he whispered into her ear. "Friends can fuck, friends can hold each other all night, and friends can even share a kind of love. And friends can talk. If you find someone who makes you smile or you want to take home to meet your mom, you tell me. If you want to stay in, get food, and do laundry, that's fine too, but we communicate. I don't know where this is going, but let's see what happens. I won't treat you like everyone else, though I promise you that."

"Okay," she replied, and she felt his hand tighten in hers. Lexi took a deep breath and let it out slowly, leaning into him and resting her head back against his shoulder. She smiled despite herself, trying to make heads or tails of this position she was in. "But I mean... it's complicated, you know? I've never done anything like this before, and I don't want to hurt you or anyone else."

"Trust me, I'm not a delicate flower. I can handle it," he teased, kissing her temple. "But seriously, we'll figure it out together. I don't expect you to make a decision about the future right now. We can just... see where it goes."

She took another sip of her coffee and considered his words. He had a point; they were still getting to know each other, and there was no reason to put too much pressure on themselves. Maybe this could just be about having fun and enjoying each other's company, without all the expectations of exclusively dating. It was a strange, unfamiliar feeling, but one that she found herself surprisingly willing to embrace, and she relaxed further into the comfort of his presence. It was easy to forget the rest of the world when she was with him like this. His arm was strong and reassuring around her shoulders, and his hand in hers felt so right. She glanced up at him, noticing the way the morning light made his eyes look almost golden. "Okay," she said again, a small smile tugging at the corners of her mouth. "I think that sounds... nice."

With the awkward part of their morning out of the way, the pair enjoyed their coffee, and Butch made breakfast for the pair. He explained he prepped his meals a lot, even if he did like going out to get food from time to time, so today, he shared his breakfast biscuit sandwiches with Lexi. They were on extra-large biscuits, and he was sure it wasn't how she usually took breakfast, but they sat and chatted at the table, and he kept looking over and smiling at her. With basically a year of separation, Butch got used to the idea of being alone. Sure, he had friends and friends, the bar, and work, but it was nice to eat with someone. They did take time to exchange numbers, social media, and other ways to get in touch. She even gave him her mother's number in case something happened at work. Lexi said she'd rather have a friend call than a stranger from the department. She'd already seen all the stuff he had cramped into the spare room, so it wasn't surprising that he had another t-shirt to give her, along with leggings and flip-flops. She'd looked at him curiously about those items, but he explained that he was always picking up extras for his sister and his sister-in-law and whoever Matthew was dating at the time. That was true, but for a long time, he'd been collecting stuff to give Lolo, but there wasn't any point now. He put together a bag of stuff for her, including things like towels, a blanket, and a bunch of other things with the fire department logo on them. It was odd to him at first that she took the clothes and changed in the bathroom. They'd been naked together earlier that morning, but he wasn't going to push her comfort levels.

Lexi said she had things to do, and he had a shift to do at the bar. Surprisingly a lot of people came in for lunch even on a week day. Butch threw on sneakers, jeans, and a bar t-shirt and walked her downstairs. They hugged for a long moment before she headed out the back door. He caressed her hair, which was now up in a messy bun. "Hey, partner, let me know if you need anything; otherwise, see you at work tomorrow."

They exchanged a few more words, generally talking about work, and she walked off, but he called out to her and said, "If you need anything, that means if you wanna talk too. That's cool."

Butch headed into the bar, and a few minutes later, he had an apron on and was pouring drinks and taking lunch orders. Between carrying platters from the kitchen window and refilling cold drinks, he smiled and thought this could be a really good thing. What was wrong with having someone in your life you could work with for twelve hours and still want to hang out with and shoot pool? The sex was an added bonus. Granted, that was a pretty big bonus, but it was good for now. Lexi was smart, beautiful, and talented and could do much better than him, but things were good for now, and he'd enjoy himself. So why did it bother him to watch her leave?

Lexi's heart sank as she pulled up to her house and saw her mother's black Mercedes EQS parked in the driveway. The vehicle stuck out like a sore thumb in the older neighborhood, which had smaller sedans and minivans filling the driveways and lining the streets with a scattering of work trucks. The neighborhood itself was typically quiet during the week, with kids playing in their front yards or riding their bikes down the streets on the weekend.

The redhead took a deep breath and climbed out of her blue Jeep Wrangler. She knew she was in for it. Lexi had been ignoring her calls and text messages since the fire the day before. "Hey, Mom," she greeted the woman who exited the luxury SUV, trying to sound nonchalant. "What's up?" Natasha Hartman Her mother looked every bit of splendor and put together as always. Lexi couldn't remember a day where her mother's blonde hair was out of place or her makeup not perfectly done.

Her mother, glared at her, her expression a mix of anger, worry, and frustration. "Where have you been all night?" she demanded. "And why didn't you answer any of my calls yesterday? I saw the news, how you were up on the roof during that fire. You had me worried sick!"

Lexi stood straighter at the tone of her mother's voice. "Obviously I'm fine," she responded flatly, gesturing to herself. "It's part of the job mom, you know that."

"Your father and I didn't raise you to be some sort of hero. We raised you to have a stable career, to go to college, to have a family someday. This isn't what we had in mind! You're twenty-five years old, Alexandra. You should be getting married and thinking of starting that family. Not throwing yourself into danger every time someone calls for help." Her mother folded her arms across her chest, her expression unyielding. "You could have died up there yesterday! And where were you last night? Why weren't you answering my calls?" Natasha asked again.

"Like you said, I am twenty-five years old, mother. An adult." The redhead bit back a sharp retort, crossing her arms and mirroring her mother's stance. It was the same argument they'd been having for at least three years, and it was as old as ever. There was no answer Lexi could give her mother to appease her and get her to back down. So, the next best thing was to be honest, at least about her whereabouts. "After work, I went with my new partner to his family's restaurant. The storm got bad, and we decided it was best that I stay the night till it blew over."

"Your new partner?" Natasha repeated, her voice sharp. "You knew him for less than a day and you stayed the night with him? You could have chosen so many better men. You know you could have had any man you wanted."

"You're jumping to conclusions!" Lexi snapped, losing her temper, knowing exactly what her mother was implying. The base of the accusation may have been accurate, but she didn't appreciate the other intent behind the words. "You think I should marry some rich guy just for his money? Is that what you want me to do?"

Her mother's eyes widened in shock. "Alexandra! That's not what I meant and you know. I just want you to be happy."

"I am happy, Mom. I'm in a good place right now. I love my job."

Natasha sighed, her expression softening slightly. "I just want the best for you, Lexi. You know that." She glanced at her watch. "Well, I should get going. Your father will be home soon and he'll want to know what's going on."

Lexi felt a mix of guilt, anger, and frustration as she watched the black Mercedes drive down the street and around the corner. She wished her parents could understand that she was happy with her life, even if it wasn't what they had planned for her.

When she pulled into the station the next morning, she parked her Jeep in her usual spot and grabbed her gear from the back seat. The familiar buzz of activity greeted her as she walked inside, the sound of radios chirping and people talking over each other. She made her way to the ambulance, checking the supplies and making sure everything was in order.

As she was double-checking an oxygen tank, she heard a voice call out her last name. She knew the voice right away. Butch stood in the back doorway of the ambulance, his expression a mix of amusement and something else. There was a fire behind his eyes that immediately made her stomach flutter. "Hey, partner," he said with a grin. "You ready for another day of saving the world?"

Lexi rolled her eyes but couldn't help but smile back. "Something like that," she replied, securing the tank back into its place.

Technically, the department had rules about side work at establishments that served alcohol, but he was helping out his parents, and he'd worked here long before joining the department. Besides, everyone knew, and nobody seemed to care, so Butch went through the usual routine at the bar, with regulars coming and going over lunch. A few retirees and bar flies lingered into the afternoon and just asked for the dinner menu or kept watching TV. Of course, the previous day's incident appeared in the news feed. It wasn't at the top any longer, but each time, it brought a few cheers, and there was always someone new sitting down for a drink. For him, though, it was part of the job, but he was glad it happened early on in his latest assignment. He knew he could trust Alexandra when the shit hit the fan, and for her, it showed she was much more than the department poster child. When she'd gone through the academy, she'd done well, and the department wanted to show it was diverse, so she and others were put on posters and other recruiting material. This made her a target for those who thought real firefighters should be selling the department's image. It wasn't her choice and certainly not her fault, but hopefully this would help. He'd defend her honor on this one, not because they'd had sex but because it was the right thing to do.

Butch put in a call to a friend who made firefighter merchandise and made a request for a gift. Fortunately, he could have it ready before the next day and was happy to do something for a hero. The rest of the day went pretty much like any day off. With his shift at the bar done, he talked to his parents. He heard from all his siblings, including his niece and nephew, who wanted to say how proud they were of him in their sweet young voices. Still, even heroes had laundry to do and meals to prep, but Lexi still managed to slip into his mind here and there. He never texted her or called to see if she wanted dinner. When he washed the sheets, he smiled and thought of her as her lovely scent was still present. When he meal prepped, he always included extra food for emergencies, but he also ensured she had a chicken breast, brown rice, and green beans. After that, he did his regular errands, including picking up Lexi's gift and a Home & Job Hardware trip. It was a great hardware store over a hundred years old and more like a marketplace for craftsmen under one roof. He knew the people there and always found something he didn't know he needed.

That night Butch went to bed early since he planned to go to the firehouse and work out before his shift started, but there was a funny feeling when he lay down. He glanced over to the other side of the bed and felt someone was missing. Yeah, he'd had that feeling for a while about Lolo, and now he was feeling it about Lexi. He'd had a ten-year relationship with one woman but had only known the other for two minutes. Granted, it was a pretty intense two minutes, but it was best not to think too much into things. They were figuring it out, and what they had could be pretty good. That night, he slept well, beat the alarm, and got up early with several gear bags. He went to the firehouse and talked to a few on the night shift who were getting ready to go home, and then he hit the gym. Butch had a good workout and a shower before getting dressed and heading over to the engine bay, exchanging greetings and a few fist bumps along the way.

Butch watched the lovely Alexandra go about her business checking out the ambulance ahead of time for the start of their shift and waited for her to go inside. He quickly took out her gift and placed it along with another back in the front cab of the ambulance, making sure not to slam the door and alert her. After securing his extra gear, he headed to the back of the vehicle and greeted Lexi as she did the inside check. They laughed a little, and after making sure the doors were closed behind them, he walked up and hugged her around the waist, kissed her neck, nuzzled her, and whispered, "Hope you got your stuff done and slept well, hero."

She pushed back against him playfully and softly replied, "I did thank you, and we agreed to be discrete, remember partner?"

He laughed and nodded as he moved away, taking the checklist out of her hands and giving a quick read before saying, "I greet everyone that way at the firehouse."

She rolled her eyes again, and they went to a brief shift meeting where they were singled out and got some claps. The captain acknowledged Hartman saying she started at her new house with a bang, but Butch was acknowledged as being the veteran who was there to guide the rookie through things. He then gave the general speech about having the right gear before doing anything as dangerous as a house fire and how it was only okay that the pair did their thing because they were prepared. The situation dictated they couldn't wait for backup. With reports filed already and the morning check complete, they headed out on the road, but Lexi found both surprises in the front seat. She opened the small blue gym bag with the fire department log and found more t-shirts and leggings, several pairs of white gym socks with blue stripes, an EMS multitool, a set of towels, and large soap on a rope. As she went through the bag, he said before she could say anything, "talked to everyone, so the stuff is just extras I thought you could use. You look pretty good in leggings, but I thought you could use it all."

While Lexi seemed pleased, what really got her to light us was the oversized stainless steel tumbler sitting in the passenger side cup holder. Depicted on the side was Wonder Woman, drawn in the style of a World War II pinup model that would be on the side of a bomber. This version had red hair muscles, full tattoo sleeves, and wearing a fire department helmet, bunker pants, and clutching an axe. Her traditional lasso was at her side as she looked up definitely. Inscribed at the bottom of the art was LEXI's dark blue letters. Butch just smiled as he looked forward and said, "Hope you like it I didn't know who I was riding with two days ago. Oh, we can get that filled up at 3rd Street Market, and I did pack you a lunch if you need it."

Lexi grinned despite herself as his strong arms wrapped around her waist and he leaned in to kiss her neck. While she admonished him for the display of affection, she closed her eyes for a moment and savored the feel of his skin against hers. She felt a strange sense of peace when she was with him. "Everyone, huh?" she teased.

The two made their way to the shift meeting, where their rescue two days prior was recapped. Lexi was thankful to be acknowledged for what she did, but felt undercut by the captain's insistence that it was only because she was with Butch that she was able to pull it off. The comment made her feel patronized, her abilities once again being underestimated. But she kept her pride in check and let it slide. They then headed out to the ambulance, exchanging greetings and a few fist bumps along the way with other teams.

Then there were the surprises in the front seat. First the gym bag, stuffed with towels, t-shirts, leggings, etc. But the real showstopper was the oversized stainless steel tumbler with a Wonder Woman design. Lexi couldn't help but beam at the sight of it. She'd never received anything so thoughtful, let alone from a colleague. She ran her fingers over the cool metal, tracing the details of the artist's rendition. The image of Wonder Woman, with her fierce gaze and tattooed arms, seemed to stare back at her, almost as if daring her to live up to the challenge.

She glanced over at Butch and he just smiled back, his eyes twinkling with pride. "Thank you," she said with a smile. "It means a lot."

He just shrugged. "Don't mention it," he replied with a wink. "I give everyone at the firehouse coffee cups."

Lexi laughed and elbowed him playfully. "Yeah, right. You give everyone at the firehouse coffee cups with Wonder Woman on them. I bet that's why everyone thinks I'm such a badass." Her tone was sarcastic and light, but there was a hint of self-deprecation beneath it. She was grateful for him, not just for the thoughtful gifts but for his trust in her abilities.

As they drove to 3rd Street Market, Lexi glanced over at the Wonder Woman tumbler in the cupholder once more. It was odd, she thought, how something so small could mean so much. But then again, that was the power of symbols. They represented something bigger than themselves, something that transcended the individual. The image of Wonder Woman, with her strength and resilience, seemed to embody everything Lexi aspired to be.

At the 3rd Street Market, the pair went inside, and Lexi insisted on paying for breakfast that morning, especially since Butch brought lunch. Near the vast coffee island near the front of the store, there was a bulletin board jammed with ads and notices, but there was a section dedicated to local news, and there were several articles proclaiming the day's news by the bins of newspapers. The photo of Lexi handing over the child with her hair blowing in the wind perfectly captured the moment. Butch noticed Maria Paco, the owner's wife, take time out of her busy day to point to the article and have a conversation with Lexi in Spanish about the picture, and soon a large red marker came out, and Lexi was signing the board. Today, Lexi's long red hair was in a braid she'd run through the back of the ballcap he'd given her. It didn't surprise him that she didn't wear makeup; most women who were first responders didn't, but for her, she was naturally so pretty. He didn't know who the people she hung out with, but why he was the only guy in her life was a mystery to Butch. He needed to enjoy their time together before someone else realized what a great lady she was. There was some discussion between the two women, with Butch only picking up so much of the Spanish before it ended with a hug and Maria trying to tell her she didn't need to pay. Lexi wouldn't have it and put the total amount in the tip jar. He grabbed his coffee, the two sandwiches, and a few other incidentals, and they hit the road.

They pulled over the ambulance at a nearby park, and people watched as they ate their food and listened to the radio. There wasn't too much radio traffic, and with the kids at school, the park hosted amateur athletes, retirees, and homeless wandering through on the lovely but cool spring day. They ate, and Butch was happy to see Lexi seemed to be enjoying her new coffee tumbler. She smiled a little with every sip and finished her sandwich one little bite at time. Butch finished his sandwich must faster and leaned back, looking out the window, having completed the regular checklist. Then he glanced at Lexi and asked, "Saw you met Maria. She's a great lady. I don't know how she and Paco do it. They work together all day, go home, and have four kids. Their kids are big now, but they have something special."

Lexi turned and looked over at him. "Yeah, she's a very nice woman, and she was more proud of me and what I did than my mom."

Butch turned in his seat to face and looked at Lexi, and she was almost sobbing. "Hey, what's going on? You did the job and saved a life; you should be proud of that. What is going on, partner?"

Through a few sobs, Lexi relayed what had happened with her mother the day before, and from what it sounded like, it wasn't the first time. Butch listened, and all he could do was shake his head. His parents were always proud of him and his siblings. They came to all the games and plays, and when they graduated, the whole neighborhood knew about it, never mind when they did something on the job. Not to say his mother didn't tell him and the others they were crazy, and his father more than once said they could be part of the business or make more money, but they were proud that they'd chosen to help people. That was something that should be respected, and right now, Butch was seeing someone brave and smart being disrespected. She was upset, and it didn't matter that he was sleeping with her. He wanted to reach out to her, but the console didn't allow him the level of contact he needed for something like this, so he got out of the truck and walked around the other side. Thankfully, she got out and looked at him questioningly, and he just grabbed her and hugged her, knocking her hat off. She sobbed on his shoulder for a long minute, and he looked around and stepped back.

He stepped back and looked into her eyes. "Hey, god knows I've cried on this job plenty of times. A CPR that didn't work out, a search that didn't get to someone fast enough, and you know you can do everything right and still lose someone. Do you know what the real firefighters do? They cry when nobody can see them. That's why everyone thinks they're strong, but they're strong because they cry, but this isn't on you! Most people don't have the guts to be a firefighter, and you're a paramedic. That's practically a damn doctor, Lexi! Now, if your parents don't see how much you've accomplished or that you are saving the life of a child isn't fucking amazing, well, you know what? That is their damn problem. You matter, partner, and you have a save and a little girl who is alive to grow up because you were there with me to do it. You know that, and that's what matters."

He handed her a bandanna, and she wiped her eyes and blew her nose loudly. Butch smirked and said, "You can keep that now."

Lexi giggled, wiped her face again, and asked, "You hug the guys when they're having a bad day?"

Put smiled as the radio crackled back to life and nodded. "Actually, yeah, I have, and the day just started, partner. It can get a lot worse. You with me?"

The redhead didn't know what she did to deserve Butch as her partner. The way he spoke to her, the way he treated her; he saw something in her that no one else did. And it wasn't just because they slept together. It made her feel special, like she could do anything. And when she told him about her mom, he didn't just pat her on the back and tell her it was going to be okay, or to suck it up and deal with it. He actually empathized with her, and he made her feel like it was okay to be upset.

She smiled at him gratefully and nodded. "Yeah, I'm with you." She wrapped her arms around him again for another hug, this time appreciating the way her held her against his strong chest, and she took a deep breath, taking in the scent of him and feeling a little bit of the tension slip away. When they pulled apart, she found him looking at her with an expression that made her heart skip a beat.

They got back into the rig, and Butch reached over the console and took her hand in his, giving it a squeeze. "You know, you can always talk to me, right? About anything. I've got your back, no matter what."

Lexi looked at their joined hands for a moment before giving his a gentle squeeze back. "Thanks, I appreciate that." She paused, taking a deep breath. "And if you ever want to talk about anything... You know I'm here for you too."

The rest of the shift passed relatively smoothly, with them responding to a handful of medical calls, a minor traffic accident, and assisted with one small fire. As they finished up their paperwork and headed back to the station, she mulled over their conversation from the day before. "Hey, so... about birth control..." she started hesitantly, not really sure how to broach the subject.

Butch glanced at her. "Yeah, what about it?" he asked, slight surprise in his tone.

She chewed on her lower lip for a moment, feeling a blush creep up her neck. "Maybe I should've brought it up later, but... I know we gotta talk about it if we're gonna continue seeing each other. If you want to talk about it now, we can. Or we can save it for when we're off."

Last edited:
The last thing Butch said in the park before the busy day ensued was, "I know," when she said he could come to her. Lexi confirmed he could talk to her about the job, but how would she handle talking about Lolo? That would be a great talk about how he still misses his ex-wife sometimes and feeling bad about your marriage with the woman you work with who you happen to be sleeping with. Things were complicated, but that didn't make it all a good thing. The rest of the day was busy, but what one would call normal in emergency medical services. She was a good paramedic who was compassionate and thorough. Eventually, it came time to head back to the station house and do the dreaded paperwork that came with the job. He took care of the cleanup and restocking of the ambulance before handing it over to the next crew while Lexi got a head start on the charts and department forms. After everything was in order, he sat down in the work area in the back of the bays and began reviewing their work when Lexi reminded him they were intimate partners as well.

He responded to her a little caught off guard, but it was something they needed to talk about. They weren't kids anymore, and it required them to be responsible, even if this was just friends having fun. After looking around more than once in the work area, which was an area just filled with desks and outlets for laptops within a small walled area with glass walls, Butch responded. "Well, if we wait until we get off, it might be too late to talk about it."

Lexi pretended she was angry and playfully threw a report rolled up into a ball at him. "I'm serious. Are you going to joke about this? We got pretty close the other night."

He reached out and took her hand and squeezed it. "I have no problem stopping at the 24-hour pharmacy on the way home and getting protection. On that note, you're invited over for Netflix and pizza if you have nothing tonight."

Lexi squeezed his hand and smiled this time before returning to her laptop and hitting a few keys. "That depends on whether you're getting pizza at Vito's or Tony's. And if you don't want to stop, you don't have to. I'm on the pill, and if you're good with that, I'm good with that. If you're with someone else, think about me and be respectful, okay? I'm not demanding loyalty but respect the arrangement we have."

"That works for me, and I trust and respect you, so we'll make it work. I'm glad we handled that, and we're having bar pies tonight. Thank you. Homemade, I'll call ahead."

"Will your parents at least let me pay this time?"

A little over an hour later, Butch and Lexi were entering Butch's apartment, and they began blowing off steam. She carried their dinner, three small bar pies neatly boxed up, and he had all their gear. After locking the door behind them, they stopped to pull off their boots, so they put their loads down, and passion took over. Butch grabbed her and pulled her close, and kissed her hard on the lips, and Lexi moaned as she embraced him. It felt so good after a long day.

She continued to moan as he kissed her neck and pulled at her belt, loosening her pants enough that they slid down her pale athletic legs. Not wasting any time, he pulled off her t-shirt over her head. She raised her arms and kissed him. She smiled once it was off, standing there in a black sports bra. "What about the pizza? You told them I was here to do laundry."

Lexi laughed at the expression on his face, but he soon laughed and replied, "You're staying the night, so we can eat, stream, and watch TV any time we want."

With that, Butch grabbed her cargo pants that were coming off already and yanked them down, exposing her matching black panties. Bent over, he moved and grabbed her by the waist and lifted her in the air and onto his shoulder. He carried her towards the bedroom with her laughing and making happy sounds as she squirmed to keep her balance even though he had a firm grip on her. She giggled, "Butchy, you better not drop me!"

With that, Butch smiled and grunted and lifted her again and dumped her on the couch. She screamed only to laugh as she landed on the soft plush couch seconds later. She called him a few names as he walked around the oversized couch, began pulling his clothes off, and climbed on top of her. He climbed on top of her and started hungrily kissing her and caressing her hair. That continued until he moved back on her so he could pull her bra off, exposing her lovely breasts. Butch fondled them, looking into her eyes before showering them with kisses all over and then leaving a love bite on her left breast.

Butch grunted and was primal, moving down her body and hands, feeling that wonderfully soft skin, kissing those ruby lips, and inhaling her scent. It didn't matter that they'd worked together for twelve hours without a shower. He wanted Lexi, and he wanted her to know that. He moved down her body, pulling her panties off with the same confidence and strength going down her legs, and tossed them aside. He only paused briefly to caress her hard-working soles before he stood up and yanked down his shorts.

Butch was back on top of Lexi in no time, spreading her legs apart after pulling her closer to him. He pushed his cock inside her passionately as he grabbed her shoulders and thrust into her hard. Butch kissed her lips again as he pulled her head back, as her hips began thrusting. He said something to her, but it was hard to make out with all the moans and grunts as he fucked her on the living room couch.

Lexi squealed with laughter as Butch tossed her over his shoulder, the action making her feel like a rag doll. He was so strong, so solid, and she loved it. She loved that he wasn't gentle with her, didn't treat her like she was breakable. More giggles fluttered out of her as he detoured from his route to the bedroom and tossed her onto the couch and climbed on top of her after stalking around the couch and removing most of his clothing. He kissed her roughly, possessively, passionately, and she lost herself to him.

This was much different than last time, their first time. It was a hot, heavy, frenzied blur and next she knew it he had positioned himself between her legs. He was hard, thick, and she ached to feel him inside her. He looked down at her, his eyes dark and hungry, and with one powerful thrust, he was inside her, filling her up. She moaned his name and wrapped her legs around his waist as he began to move, his hips meeting hers in a rhythm that seemed as familiar to her as her own heartbeat. He growled against her neck, and she felt his teeth graze her skin, sending shivers down her spine. Her hands tangled in his hair, holding him close as he fucked her hard and fast on the couch.

She could feel herself getting closer and closer to the edge, her breath coming in ragged gasps. She knew he could feel it too, because he began to move faster, harder, his hips slamming into hers. The couch beneath them creaked and groaned, but all she could focus on was the feel of him inside her, the taste of him on her lips, the sound of his voice in her ear.

And then, with a moan that seemed to echo through the entire room, she felt her body explode around him. Her muscles clenched and she clung to him, her cries muffled against his neck. Butch followed her over the edge, his thrusts becoming even more frantic as he emptied himself into her. He growled low in his throat, his hips bucking wildly as he came, his body shuddering against hers.

For what felt like an eternity, they lay there, their bodies tangled together, their breathing labored. Butch's weight pressed down on her, but she didn't mind. She was content to feel him there, his strength enveloping her. Her eyes closed, she let her fingers traced patterns on his back, marveling at the play of muscles beneath his skin. "I hope the pizza's still warm," she joked with a light laugh.

Last edited:
Butch laughed with her and kissed her neck. He'd been savoring the warmth and closeness that wasn't something you might do after a passionate tryst, but then they did have more than that. They were fuck buddies, and the term implied they cared about each other and they were close. So he kissed her neck and whispered into her ear, "I have an oven honey. You won't go to bed hungry."

Butch got up first and helped Lexi up and took her by the hand into the bathroom, and this time, they shared a warm shower. They washed each other with washcloths and sandalwood-scented soap as the water poured down on them. Hands wandering and moving smoothly over wet flesh, it was practically foreplay again, and Butch was sure Lexi moaned a few times and leaned against him. The water came out hot, but the heat and steam weren't caused by natural reactions alone, and there was an energy between them. He held her to him, and they explored each other's bodies like they hadn't before, noting tattoos and scars. Lexi giggled about the love bite on her left breast. At least nobody could see it. They took out her braid, and he caressed her long red hair and kissed her neck from behind before he began washing her hair. He worked fingers through her hair, caressing her scalp and working in the shampoo before stepping out of the water stream to wash out the soap from her hair, which trailed down her back and buns, finally hitting the drain. Something so simple was breathtaking, and Butch held her from behind once it was washed out, and he cupped her breasts. "If you want to leave shampoo or anything, I'll make space. I know this probably isn't as good as the stuff you use. I like having you here, and you are beautiful. In and out of your station gear."

Lexi turned around, and they kissed and spoke briefly before they toweled off, enjoying the warmth of the after-sex glow as they put things together. They probably could have done it again, Butch thought, glancing at the shower bars that were already installed, but after being up for over twelve hours, there was something to be said for being close and cuddling. So, a half hour later, their pizza warmed in the oven. They were eating off plates on the coffee table, enjoying cocktails. Lexi had her hair still up in a towel and was in department shorts and a t-shirt, and he was also sporting the same look but with a different color t-shirt. They joked that they shouldn't dress alike off the job, too. They'd had a few slices each and now were cuddled up on the couch under a Native American woven throw blanket with a beautiful southwest pattern. Butch was against the corner of the couch, and Lexi cuddled up right against him, head on his chest. All their clothing from their workday, including the new unworn stuff, was in the washer going on in the background. His arm was around her, and all felt right with the world. The irony is that despite the last few days, they were watching Emergency! the classic firefighting show from the 1970s.

He gently squeezed her and said, "Glad you came over for dinner and laundry. You know you're welcome to stay the night. You don't have to, but this place feels warmer with you around."

Showering with Butch and exploring each other's bodies without the intent of sexual release felt oddly more intimate than the times they'd had sex. It was a gentle exploration, a quiet acknowledgement of how close they were, and how much she really did enjoy his company. Butch washed her hair for her, and she could feel how gentle his hands were as he worked the soap in and out of her hair. She felt safe with him, and as they dried off, ate pizza, and cuddled up on the couch, it was almost as if they were a normal couple.

Their pizza was gone, their drinks mostly so, and the soft glow of the TV illuminated their faces, casting shadows against the walls. She watched him out of the corner of her eye, his expression a mix of contentment and something else she couldn't quite place. He offered for her to stay.

"I would like that," she said before adding teasingly, "Don't want you getting cold."

Humor. While it was a coping mechanism for practically any emergency responder to get through rough times, Lexi also used humor to deflect when things made her panicky and needing distance, even if just emotionally. While he didn't outright say it, he wanted her to stay. He wanted her around more than just what work friends would do, and she was certain it was more than what those in a casual fling would do. He said he liked having her around, she made his place feel warmer, she could leave shampoo and other things if she wanted to.

"Are you sure you're okay with me leaving things here?" she asked, knowing she was overthinking things. It wasn't as if she was moving in with him or anything. That's not what this was.

Their arrangement wasn't a typical fling, and she knew that. She knew that Butch had invited her here to get her to spend more time with him, and they had agreed to just see where things fell. The problem was, she didn't want to fall too far, too fast, too hard, and she didn't want to get hurt in the process. Or him get hurt either. But as she listened to the gentle rhythm of his heartbeat, and the way he would occasionally sigh contentedly as she nuzzled closer to him, she knew she didn't want to pull away, either.

If nothing else, it beat going home to an empty house. While she appreciated the independence she desperately fought for, was still fighter for at times, she knew that it wasn't for everyone. It wasn't something she wanted for herself. She wanted a partner, someone to come home to, someone to have dinner with and talk about their days, someone she could snuggle up with on the couch and watch TV with like they were doing.

Last edited:
It was warm under the throw blanket as they watched the scenes of First Responders flashed by on the retro show. The blanket was one of several he and Lolo purchased, and he knew the rest were at the house, but this one made it over to the apartment. As Lexi lay on his chest and talked about keeping him warm, he gave himself some slack. He wasn't lying there with Lexi, pretending it was Lolo. He wanted Lexi here because she stood out as something special. After the adrenalin of the rescue and the passion of having sex that first morning, there was something else that lingered, something that made him smile a little more. There had to be many unique things besides love, and that was one of the things you had with a partner. They were compatible, for lack of a better term. Butch didn't want to marry the woman, but he wanted her around, and that couldn't be discounted. Without her, the night would have been mundane with pizza, a shower, and streaming some reruns. With Lexi here, though, it was something well amazing and warm. It was remarkable that when you could spend so many long hours with someone seeing horrible things, they thought nothing of saying yes to dinner and a cuddle.

Lexi's question about stuff brought him back to reality, but his first reaction was to kiss her on the forehead. Butch thought about it for a second and responded in a non-romantic way when he said, "Yeah, it's no problem. I mean, I have to go bags at the station, my parent's place, and in the truck. Same thing, right? You get stuff here. You shouldn't have to use my stuff, and I won't have extra stuff that fits, so yeah. How much room does a few changes of clothes and shampoo take up? Oh, I know you're not thrilled about this, but maybe I should get the number of your parents in case there is an emergency or anything."

That was a great answer if you didn't want to be remotely romantic, which was what this was supposed to be, right? This was no different than partners committing to work out daily and you were committing to share a locker. Butch was glad Lexi couldn't hear what he was thinking because it was stupid. Part of him wanted to say I loved the scent of the body wash you used after the hospital. I don't mind giving you T-shirts, but you can wear mine, and you're welcome here. The thing is, they weren't ready for any of that. Butch was sure this had an expiration date on it. Lexi's girlfriends would introduce her to someone, or they'd drift apart when the assignment ended. Butch wasn't going to give her a key even if it felt like Lexi deserved that level of trust, but they'd known each other for less than a week. He did doubt he'd find out she was some psycho or had issues. This all felt wonderfully warm and natural, which was scary but in a good way.

They lay together a bit longer, but it was time to go to bed. The pair talked about just laying there together until morning. After all, why move? They knew they'd be more comfortable in bed, so they got up and folded the blanket. They took turns with the bathroom, with Lexi taking care of her hair and brushing her teeth while he cleaned up the glasses and put the last of the pizza in the fridge. When it was Butch's turn, Lexi collected her clothes from the floor, giggling that they were like teenagers. Of course, though, Butch had a spare laundry bag for her to use. Once everything was in order and put away, the lights went off, and they got into bed together on their respective sides, but this time, without much talking beyond saying goodnight to each other, they cuddled up and held each other. They'd been passionate after work with the usual burst of post-shift energy that made anyone feel good after being free of work, but you do twelve busy hours of anything you're tired, so they snuggled up and slept.

It was just after 5 Am when Butch woke up stretched out on the bed, and he strained to see in the still very dark room. Lexi had moved back to her side of the bed, but her hand was still outstretched towards him. Butch reached out and gave it a gentle squeeze, and she responded. He approached Lexi, saw her eyes open, and gently caressed her face. They began kissing, and he moved right against her side. His hand moved between her legs, rubbing her clit through her shorts, and he began nuzzling her and kissing her neck. Lexi responded and was touching him in no time and was on her side, and he could feel her soft hands reaching into his shorts and yanking on his cock. They kept going until he was sure Lexi was orgasming, and then he moved, pulling off her shorts and t-shirt before doing his own. Butch wouldn't have lasted much longer from her soft hand working his cock so intensely. In the dark morning, he moved her around on all fours with ease, her face pushing against the pillows. He took her doggy style, thrusting into Lexi's warm, wet honeypot. The slapping of flesh in the near-silent room sounded dirty. It felt so good, and he was rock-hard that morning. while he was thrusting away hands on Lexi's hips, he thought he might be hurting her the way they were positioned. Butch slid out of her, and it felt like he was breaking a wonderful moment, but he moved and rolled her over so she was lying across the bed and climbed on top of her and pushed inside her again, and kissed her hard on the lips before caressing her hair and looking in her eyes. "Sorry baby, I want you to feel good too."

He felt so good, so deep inside her with his fingers biting into her hips. It was as if he owned her, as if they were meant to be together. She arched her back, pressing deeper into his thrusts, her breath coming in short, shallow gasps. He pulled out of her, leaving her body mourning the loss of him for only a second while he flipped her over, and then pushed his hard length fully into her once more. She smirked at his apology. "Who said that didn't feel good?" she panted, eyes locked on his.

A sound that she could only describe as a growl rumbled deep in his chest, the sound going straight to her core, and his eyes seemed to grow darker. His hands were rough and hard, digging into her hips again as he pumped into her. It was like he was marking her as his, claiming her body as his own. His pace was brutal, but she found she didn't want it any other way. She needed him to take her, to dominate her, to own her. His thrusts were deep and powerful, his grip on her hips possessive.

Then one hand moved and he was pressing his thumb to her clit. She arched her back, her head thrown back, her breath coming in ragged gasps as she felt herself begin to lose control. Lexi felt herself beginning to peak, her body tightening around him, her muscles clenching in response to the relentless pounding of his hips. She could feel the first wave of pleasure washing over her, the sensation so intense it was almost painful. Her orgasm crashed over her in a wave of pure bliss, and she cried out his name as her body shook with the force of it.

Well, Butch had learned a few more things about Lexi as he fucked her in the early morning hours on the soft bedspread. She liked all the loving, soft stuff that made moments tender and would be considered love-making, but that was all she liked. She enjoyed being handled roughly, and while he was worried about pushing her face into a pillow as he fucked her doggy style, she was loving it. Butch was finding out more about this lovely redheaded goddess. Butch knew what it was like to be inside when Lexi orgasmed, and he savored every minute of it. Still, his hands slid up her body, caressing her lovely flesh until his left hand pushed down her shoulder, and the other pulled her hair, making her head arched back. He slid his cock almost all the way out and slammed into her warm hole again so hard he heard a long guttural moan escape her lips punctuated by a small scream of delight. Butch began in earnest fucking her and pushing her body towards another as he pulled her hair and held her down.

It was so intense that he felt himself getting close again, and Butch didn't want to stop, but she was so wanton and tight. A puddle of her juices formed on the bedspread, and he loved it. Butch did let go of her hair long enough, though, to lean over and grab her head and kiss her hard and push her back down, grabbing his shoulders as he felt his balls feel like they were boiling over. He shot his seed inside her like a cannon going off, but he also orgasmed hard with Lexi, and they both shook on top of each other. They truly were sharing pleasure, and as it came to an end, Butch went back to thrusting his cock in and out of her pussy until he slowly felt his hardness beginning to fade. When he pulled out of Lexi, he was sure he heard a popping sound. Butch panted for a minute kneeling above her and looking down at Lexi, who was breathing heavily, and even in the dark, he could tell she had a look of contentment.

Butch collapsed on the bedspread next to her, laying on his belly for a long minute before he grabbed hold of her and pulled her close, grabbing her butt in his hand as he pulled Lexi on her side against him and kissed her hard again in the night pushing her head back and going until they both needed to stop and take a breath. He handled Lexi rough but with passion and let her know how much he appreciated what they shared through his actions. After making out with Lexi, he pulled her on top of him, and she felt his semi-hard cock against her thigh as he caressed her from her shoulders before resting on her butt. Butch looked into her eyes as he squeezed her. "Lexi, I think we found something special here, partner. I don't want to scare you, honey, but this is, well, this is a really good thing. I..I'm glad I found you, Lexi, on the job and so much more."

They talked and cuddled in bed together in the dark, sharing until the sun began to push through the windows of the old factory apartment. The covers were moist and a mess, so Butch took out two large blankets, and they cuddled up together on top of the mess. He kissed her lips passionately once more and whispered, "I'm glad you stayed, Alexandra."

Back