The Sewing Thread

I haven’t put in enough work to compare either. I don’t weld and I barely sew so I can’t agree or disagree with you.

What I love above your idea is that we can meet in the middle. I’m a firm believer in supporting each other in developing skills
Watching anyone who is focused on an artistic continuous motion skill is a thrill. So is doing it.

Another delivery day, yew!

Brothread had a good rating. Polyester 42x1000m and 4x5000m. Really happy to have some colours. So pretty. So vibrant.

Hopefully have the overlocker by next weekend. Ordered the plug adapter so I’ll be ready to go once it’s delivered. Exciting

IMG_0292.jpeg

Another delivery day, yew!

Brothread had a good rating. Polyester 42x1000m and 4x5000m. Really happy to have some colours. So pretty. So vibrant.

Hopefully have the overlocker by next weekend. Ordered the plug adapter so I’ll be ready to go once it’s delivered. Exciting

View attachment 2292477

Nice! I really need to order something like that if I'm going to get back into this.. My thread supply is pathetic these days.

Somehow I tripped and found myself back in fabric store LOL. I got some cute fabrics to make up a few Xmas stockings and cushions. More laundry and ironing ❤️

IMG_0323.jpeg

I have not seen koala fabric here.

But the cutting board is taking up the kitchen peninsula right now.

I’ve had to move things around because my new overlocker has arrived! Yay!

Glad I got the long table.

IMG_0329.jpeg

I have not seen koala fabric here.

But the cutting board is taking up the kitchen peninsula right now.

Isn’t it cute. The possum is my fave. I think it’s super cute. Picked up my light pad for easy tracing. Pretty sure I have everything I need for now. Kinda wish I could stay home and sew tonight, but. The plan is to party all night

:nana:

Make sure the table height works for you. My wife found out a little too high of a table is uncomfortable.

Partying is important. The world sucks so bad right now that an escape is necessary.

I happened to find this YT that explains how sewing machines were developed and work. I guess I've a brain that has to understand how stuff works to make use of it or else I get brain freeze. At the end they do a promotion for kids working toy kits by Kiwico.com. That's Xmas solved for my autistic nephew :) although... hang on... they're quite pricey :(
I watched that earlier this week, even though I already knew how they worked.

I've done some sewing, actually got a project now; making a trenchcoat from a shirt. I got three machines that don't work right, not that they'd have been any use on most of my projects.

Last night’s sewing sesh. I’ve learned a bit from this little project.

I think it’s better to double stitch this fabric for strength. Or something like that.

It’s a faux suede cushion face. Bit lumpy for my liking and would probably benefit with a bit more forethought. I’m not sure how I’d get rid of the lumpy next time. It’s upholstery fabric for starters, so it’s quite thick.

IMG_0354.jpegIMG_0355.jpeg

I’ve lost around half an inch. I think because what should have been quarter inch seams are more like 3/8 bugger. What a amateur.

No matter. We will do the math and cut the backing for it.

Decided I will go with a double layer of polyester wadding to combat the lumps. No one wants a lumpy cushion. Unfortunately that means I won’t be able to add piping because I don’t think my machine could handle that many layers.

Oh well it should still come up nice

You didn't really start with an easy project.

I noticed more fabric on the counter in the kitchen this morning. I'm guessing that something is being planned for our granddaughter.

Took me a while but I got there. Quite chuffed with this one. Big ass cushion number two!

IMG_0360.jpeg
IMG_0361.jpeg

You didn't really start with an easy project.

I noticed more fabric on the counter in the kitchen this morning. I'm guessing that something is being planned for our granddaughter.

What do you mean? I thought cushions were the easiest lol.

What I have found is that the curvature of the cushion really changes how the fabric sits. It makes me think how I’d go putting a garment on a body. It’s going to make things very interesting

What do you mean? I thought cushions were the easiest lol.

What I have found is that the curvature of the cushion really changes how the fabric sits. It makes me think how I’d go putting a garment on a body. It’s going to make things very interesting
Cushion covers made with multiple squares is not an easy sewing project to start with. It looks good.

Mrs. t came home with 11 yards of new Christmas fabric today. I have no idea what she'll do with it, but it makes her feel good to have new fabric.

Back