An Open Letter to Stacnash (feel free to ignore this)

tl;dr: You were on a mission to get rid of Tilan and you didn't care if you caused collateral damage to do so.
No, I thought that Tilan was running sockpuppets, and one of them was SN. I wanted the sockpuppets gone and Tilan's nose whacked with a rolled up newspaper. The mods did more. SN may or may have not been a sockpuppet. I won't weep either way, though. As I said above, their behavior was egregious enough either way to earn at least a temp ban.

One additional note: other than people bringing this topic back up, this is the quietest the AH has been since I got here, at least in terms of people being jerks to each other.

x6xm455dcsja1.gif

One additional note: other than people bringing this topic back up, this is the quietest the AH has been since I got here, at least in terms of people catching abuse from trolls.
That is a fair point, although the person getting trolled the hardest was AwkwardlySet, and unfortunately he's on a hiatus of sorts

I always loved that joke:
"Mediocreauthor" is an anagram of "EmilyMiller" (if you just spell it wrong).

Also, what's green and has wheels?

Grass. (I was lying about the wheels)
🤣

All jokes aside, I have always been curious how the heck @Emilymcplugger picked his name.
Okay, boring answer.

It rhymes with Sugar.

Longer answer, I created an animation that played on the
I always loved that joke:
"Mediocreauthor" is an anagram of "EmilyMiller" (if you just spell it wrong).

Also, what's green and has wheels?

Grass. (I was lying about the wheels)
🤣

All jokes aside, I have always been curious how the heck @Emilymcplugger picked his name.
Okay, boring answer.

It rhymes with Sugar.

Longer answer, I created an animation that played on the fairy tale Hansel and Gretel but in it the kids were wilful monsters and so she built a house of shit to poison the little sods.

However in order to create this jolly rhyming animation I needed to have a name that rhymed with Sugar…hence, EmilyMcPlugger.

As for banning SN, if they were one-bombing, fine, no problems with that but it's a hard thing to prove altho Laurel can see more than we can.....
I've said before, and I'll say it again... Anyone who's one-bombing can fuck right off. Hopefully Laurel can just find those people and ban their I.P. address or something. (Not sure that would do much with VPN's, buuuut....)

No, I thought that Tilan was running sockpuppets, and one of them was SN. I wanted the sockpuppets gone and Tilan's nose whacked with a rolled up newspaper. The mods did more. SN may or may have not been a sockpuppet. I won't weep either way, though. As I said above, their behavior was egregious enough either way to earn at least a temp ban.

One additional note: other than people bringing this topic back up, this is the quietest the AH has been since I got here, at least in terms of people being jerks to each other.

x6xm455dcsja1.gif

I feel particularly strong about this because I posted several warnings in previous threads about the dangers of engaging trolls and hunting for alts. When I posted on the GB, I saw it happen over and over again.

It starts with legitimate annoyance at an obvious troll, then spreads to the troll's suspected alts. Names get tossed in as possible sock puppets, proof or no proof. Others enter the fray, defending the accused puppet. And it just spirals out of control.

The next step is accusing those who expressed criticism of the troll hunt of being trolls themselves, or of being the ultimate puppet master. Eventually, the details blur in everyone's memories and all that's left is a lingering cloud of distrust and disrespect.

Seems like it would have been a lot easier to just ignore the asshole from the start.

This is why so many people on the GB hate the other forums.
Did I come across as condescending? That wasn't intentional.

I'm annoyed because I put that post in the AH to reach someone who I know lurks in the AH.

In the general board, SN will never have a chance to see it.

Was the arguing what got it moved? Or did the mods deem the topic "not author-related enough for the AH"? I don't know, but I'm disappointed it got moved.

No biggy. Just disappointed. That's all ☺️

Did I come across as condescending? That wasn't intentional.

I'm annoyed because I put that post in the AH to reach someone who I know lurks in the AH.

In the general board, SN will never have a chance to see it.

Was the arguing what got it moved? Or did the mods deem the topic "not author-related enough for the AH"? I don't know, but I'm disappointed it got moved.

No biggy. Just disappointed. That's all ☺️

I didn't mean that you did anything wrong. It's a long standing and, imo, obnoxious practice of Mods in other categories to dump problematic threads into the GB. Easier to wish it into the cornfield than actually address the issues.

I suspect Stacnash does regular vanity searches, she'll find it.

I didn't mean that you did anything wrong. It's a long standing and, imo, obnoxious practice of Mods in other categories to dump problematic threads into the GB. Easier to wish it into the cornfield than actually address the issues.

I suspect Stacnash does regular vanity searches, she'll find it.

@alohadave suggested using the anonymous feedback system. I'll do that.
Lol
That was super obvious... Idk why I didn't think of it before

Is the gb reputation so bad that when a thread gets shifted some posters go yikes? 😱

Is the gb reputation so bad that when a thread gets shifted some posters go yikes? 😱
I posted this in a specific place for someone to see it. Moving it here probably means it won't be seen by the intended recipient. That's my main complaint.

Its awkward when you are posting in one forum and it gets moved here but most of us on the gb are ok. So welcome. 🙂

I posted this in a specific place for someone to see it. Moving it here probably means it won't be seen by the intended recipient. That's my main complaint.
We're here. I mean I know we aren't the intended target but...... I'm on page 6 absorbing like a sponge.

(I really have a fascist question but I'll respect your request not to talk about it).

We're here. I mean I know we aren't the intended target but...... I'm on page 6 absorbing like a sponge.

(I really have a fascist question but I'll respect your request not to talk about it).
Well, welcome to this tiny misplaced slice of the Author's Hangout... A place where talented attention seekers both praise and ridicule one another in nearly equal measure.

As you can see, this single thread was loaded with drama... And we authors loooove drama (we're supposed to keep the drama contained within our stories... but obviously that doesn't always work.)

Well, welcome to this tiny misplaced slice of the Author's Hangout... A place where talented attention seekers both praise and ridicule one another in nearly equal measure.

As you can see, this single thread was loaded with drama... And we authors loooove drama (we're supposed to keep the drama contained within our stories... but obviously that doesn't always work.)
We like drama too but this place can get mean mean. Like tell someone to just go die, kind of mean.

The thing that annoys me most is not sockpuppets, fascists or 1-bombs but
the 10 minutes of my life I'll never get back from wading through this nonsense

Last edited:
The thing that annoys me most is not sockpuppets, fascists or 1-bombs but
the 10 minutes of my life I'll never get back from wading through this dross
I can never understand why people do it, what pleasure they get out of it, if you can't be constructive and nice about it Don't say anything at all.

Back