The China Pearl Inn---Part Six.

O Game of Thrones, most of us love it CG. It can be very addictive over the years. That battle scene was unexpected and very well done.

Ok, lunch beckons then it's time for the game.

Yes it can be G G and yet I am waiting until it comes out on DVD to add it to the other seasons.;)

O Game of Thrones, most of us love it CG. It can be very addictive over the years. That battle scene was unexpected and very well done.

Ok, lunch beckons then it's time for the game.
Is it a good show? Everyone I know seems to like it a lot.

No I have not seen or heard from F D . Glad to her it is nothing more that the blaws Shiva.
Hmmm, hope he's alright :/

Yeah I'll be fine. Time for bed in a little while though.

Are you stacking the deck G G or was it just the luck of the draw young lady? I know that you have, shall we say, a slightly competitive nature G G?

slightly competitive?

slightly competitive?

slightly competitive?

slightly competitive?

GG is about as competitive as a couple of mountain goats trying to impress a female. Or, a couple of hyena fighting over a piece of meat. Or, drunk marines talking to drunk sailors. Or.. well you get the picture. :D:rose:

You are not stateless, GG, as CG stated, you are international. And you certainly aren't homeless as you seem to have several places in several countries to call home. Although we all know that home is where your heart is. :heart:

Very well said S F. And yes G G is a very competitive individual always giving her best to what ever the endeavor.;)

slightly competitive?

slightly competitive?

slightly competitive?

slightly competitive?

GG is about as competitive as a couple of mountain goats trying to impress a female. Or, a couple of hyena fighting over a piece of meat. Or, drunk marines talking to drunk sailors. Or.. well you get the picture. :D:rose:

You are not stateless, GG, as CG stated, you are international. And you certainly aren't homeless as you seem to have several places in several countries to call home. Although we all know that home is where your heart is. :heart:

Very well said S F. And yes G G is a very competitive individual always giving her best to what ever the endeavor.;)

Very competitive doesn't even touch it. I'm fairly good at tennis but she always beats me! I once managed to win a set and that was difficult. As you've guessed the Lions won 9-4 & guess who caught 4 batsman and scored 2 home runs? On one she had 2 bases occupied so it was worth more!

2305 hours here so it's time to get to bed (don't suppose ER & RTY will get much sleep :devil:). Tomorrow we receive our new protective kits and training on how to use it. Then Tuesday we teach the cubs before exercises).

Goodnight all!

Very competitive doesn't even touch it. I'm fairly good at tennis but she always beats me! I once managed to win a set and that was difficult. As you've guessed the Lions won 9-4 & guess who caught 4 batsman and scored 2 home runs? On one she had 2 bases occupied so it was worth more!

2305 hours here so it's time to get to bed (don't suppose ER & RTY will get much sleep :devil:). Tomorrow we receive our new protective kits and training on how to use it. Then Tuesday we teach the cubs before exercises).

Goodnight all!

I love trivia games but I don't expect to beat my siblings. Sometimes I get within a hundred of so points and that is pretty good. But ONE TIME, in the 1990s, we were playing Trivial Pursuit and I WON!!! Granted, for some reason he got really hard questions and I got super easy ones, but I don't care.
I WON. I BEAT PAUL. It will never happen again, the odds are too astronomical. I have better odds winning the lottery without buying a ticket.

BUT ONCE, I BEAT MY BROTHER IN TRIVIAL PURSUIT!!!!

And that is all that counts. So there!!

But my brother-in-law is so competitive, that if he isn't winning he literally freaks out. It is quite amazing to watch.

BUT I BEAT PAUL at a trivia game!!

He has an extremely high IQ and not a complete photographic memory, but if he reads something, he almost always remembers it. He can't tell you the page, but he can usually tell you where he read it. So beating him was a big deal to me... just in case you can't tell. :rolleyes:

Goodnight all!

Good luck with the protective kits I always found them stifling HSG. And yes that does sound like G G. ;)

Speaking about being Competitive SF I see you have a steak of it as well and a win to boot. :D

10:15 Shiva not bad but I take it you have a naughty miss and been goin to ben much later Miss.

I love trivia games but I don't expect to beat my siblings. Sometimes I get within a hundred of so points and that is pretty good. But ONE TIME, in the 1990s, we were playing Trivial Pursuit and I WON!!! Granted, for some reason he got really hard questions and I got super easy ones, but I don't care.
I WON. I BEAT PAUL. It will never happen again, the odds are too astronomical. I have better odds winning the lottery without buying a ticket.

BUT ONCE, I BEAT MY BROTHER IN TRIVIAL PURSUIT!!!!

And that is all that counts. So there!!

But my brother-in-law is so competitive, that if he isn't winning he literally freaks out. It is quite amazing to watch.

BUT I BEAT PAUL at a trivia game!!

He has an extremely high IQ and not a complete photographic memory, but if he reads something, he almost always remembers it. He can't tell you the page, but he can usually tell you where he read it. So beating him was a big deal to me... just in case you can't tell. :rolleyes:

Never belittle a victory, especially one that means so much to you. You beat him and he cannot do anything about it so you're right to bathe in that glow.

I tasted defeat that night when I was lied to, betrayed and deflowered (you know the story) but that made me the woman I am today. Now there is only ONE man I surrender to and allow to have complete control over me. And he's my husband

Good luck with the protective kits I always found them stifling HSG. And yes that does sound like G G. ;)

Just come back from a run and a shower and now its time for breakfast before our meeting. I've seen those protective suites. How are we expected to nurse patients with radiation burns dressed in those bloody things? I feel sorry for HSG's cubs. They have to carry out engineering in them.

Never belittle a victory, especially one that means so much to you. You beat him and he cannot do anything about it so you're right to bathe in that glow.

I tasted defeat that night when I was lied to, betrayed and deflowered (you know the story) but that made me the woman I am today. Now there is only ONE man I surrender to and allow to have complete control over me. And he's my husband

Just come back from a run and a shower and now its time for breakfast before our meeting. I've seen those protective suites. How are we expected to nurse patients with radiation burns dressed in those bloody things? I feel sorry for HSG's cubs. They have to carry out engineering in them.

I have no experience with radiation suits. I have had to spend extended time in turn out gear and an SCBA in extreme temps. I know they are pretty uncomfortable and can even dangerous. You can get steam burns from your own sweat.

I can't imagine radiation suits are any more comfortable.

I know G G I have spent o couple of eternity in them and found it almost impossible to complete the mission. I fear when it comes to nursing the wounded in a battle zone a rather sever from of trieoge is in effect.:eek:

So I trust it was a good run and you are ready to take on the world G G , in your hazmat suit.

Haz mat suits in the summer in the desert. Gee you get to have all the fun. :rolleyes:

Spotted the lizard a couple of times but he takes off when I head in his direction. Guess he isn't ready to go outside yet. I would love to know what he finds to eat, moths and spiders I guess.

I guess July is over already. At this rate, if I blink it will be September.

Speaking about being Competitive SF I see you have a steak of it as well and a win to boot.
I am not super competitive. If I was, I would always be upset since I usually lose games. I just enjoy the play. But I do like to remind my brother every few years that I did beat him once. I do win games when I play with people that aren't my siblings. You know.. normal people. :D Then I win occasionally.

I do find it frustrating to lose to my 12 year old niece. Especially when she is playing a game with me and one on her hand held thing at the same time and winning both. I, mean, come on. Really? Two games at once and I can't even win one against a 12 year old..LOL She has recently started playing adult level word games. I can still beat her on those, but I figure it won't last as she is as competitive as GG. Between now and Christmas when I see her next, she will probably have memorized the dictionary. LOL

Haz mat suits in the summer in the desert. Gee you get to have all the fun. :rolleyes:

Spotted the lizard a couple of times but he takes off when I head in his direction. Guess he isn't ready to go outside yet. I would love to know what he finds to eat, moths and spiders I guess.

I guess July is over already. At this rate, if I blink it will be September.

I am not super competitive. If I was, I would always be upset since I usually lose games. I just enjoy the play. But I do like to remind my brother every few years that I did beat him once. I do win games when I play with people that aren't my siblings. You know.. normal people. :D Then I win occasionally.

I do find it frustrating to lose to my 12 year old niece. Especially when she is playing a game with me and one on her hand held thing at the same time and winning both. I, mean, come on. Really? Two games at once and I can't even win one against a 12 year old..LOL She has recently started playing adult level word games. I can still beat her on those, but I figure it won't last as she is as competitive as GG. Between now and Christmas when I see her next, she will probably have memorized the dictionary. LOL
Its my curse to lose every game I teach to someone. They will almost always beat me.

I have enjoyed like chess, and the Avilon Hill historical strategy games but as may have guess I find few to play with as board games are out of vogue. I also loved D&D the questioning and building a virtual picture in your mind and then there was the element of chance with a roll of the dice.

I miss D&D myself also. I really liked it when played on a message board like this because it allowed for some awesome creative writing with the dice mechanics put in parenthesis which was cool also sorta the best of both worlds.

I have enjoyed like chess, and the Avilon Hill historical strategy games but as may have guess I find few to play with as board games are out of vogue. I also loved D&D the questioning and building a virtual picture in your mind and then there was the element of chance with a roll of the dice.

The same brother LOVES the Avalon Hill war games. I like their other games. Risk and chess are about the only war/strategy games I can handle. My family has always played board games. My mother got us started when we were very, very young. One of the reasons my brother likes the Avalon Hill games is they can be played alone. The rest of us got bored just waiting for the game to get set up. I still can picture him, sitting there for hours moving all those tiny pieces around. He still plays them on occasion as an adult but he, of course, doesn't have the time it takes to play often any more. He and those younger than him also liked the D&D games. I never liked it. Too much depended on the roll of the dice and I am the world's worst dice thrower. But our youngest sister still likes playing it with her daughter. She and her husband throw twice a month game nights at their house. They play some really complicated, geek oriented games. At Christmas, they always bring some games with them when they come down from Montana. The game my nieces and nephew played for the first time this summer was Facts in Five. I like word and trivia games (although I don't have a good memory for names). We all play games online. They tend to play multiple player games and I tend to play against the computer. I actually can win against the computer, other people not so much. LOL

I have many games here at my house, but like you, no one to play with.

Board games, I think, are popular as there are still a ton of them for sale. I even saw some article about some Hollywood actors playing board games. But I think it tends to be among the more intellectual types. Wii and Nintendo and those kinds of games are more popular with the general population and they don't require the same strategy game play as Avalon Hill games.

We also played a lot of card games as kids. Rummy and pinochle were favorites, although the pinochle rules were a little different when I played with my grandmother. I never did get the hang of bridge or canasta though.

I was always good at Trivial Pursuit seldom lost. Not sure how I would do know though as the world has moved on just a wee bit.;)

I just played cards with my wife, sister and brother in law yesterday the boys won handily in euchre if I am to be boastful then thanks to me ;) but I just got good cards sometimes they go your way haha

I'm back from my long weekend :devil:

Reading the recent posts I see you're talking about games. Like most of the Cubs I enjoy football, rugby, cricket etc. But you know CG we are most competitive when it comes to war games. We have to get it right because one day our lives might depend on it.

Seniors are in conference about our next exercise. God help us!

Welcome back Robyn. A sweet kiss and hug for our young trooper

I know you give your all when it comes to war games and I suspect that it feeds your love for contact sports Robyn.

From what I understand you will find your upcoming training very challenging but I am sure you will come through just find. Remember the carnal rule to keep your head when all turns to…………well you know what I mean Robyn.

Well I've seen the 'new improved hazmats' which are supposed to allow us to continue working following any attack using WMDs! WOOP DOO! Don't they know none of us will want to survive something like a nuclear blast? Tomorrow we have to teach the cubs and go on exercise.

On the brighter side I heard from Rick who's fine and from the family gathering in Texas. My Dad said he feels like he's found a long lost friend in my father in law.

Ok, better get to bed. Long day tomorrow. Goodnight all.

Well I've seen the 'new improved hazmats' which are supposed to allow us to continue working following any attack using WMDs! WOOP DOO! Don't they know none of us will want to survive something like a nuclear blast? Tomorrow we have to teach the cubs and go on exercise.

On the brighter side I heard from Rick who's fine and from the family gathering in Texas. My Dad said he feels like he's found a long lost friend in my father in law.

Prepare for all possibilities, I guess. I am going to assume they have chemical warfare in mind and not nuclear. Not that I like either one.

Glad family and Rick are all fine. It isn't always that both sides of a family get together as well as yours and Rick's.

Nothing new here. I am looking at televisions, but I am not good at judging lengths so having a hard time envisioning how large the right size would be. I do know I want something larger than 17", which is how large my last one was. I need them to bring out several sizes and hold them up on the wall. LOL

Glad that the combined family are a long so well G G . When it comes to WMD or as we said NBC as we said. I always wanted to be at ground zero. DID Not want to be one of the saviors G G .

Morning S F trust all is well with you.

Back