U.K. Govt Warns: Be ready for war with China, Russia, Iran, and North Korea in five years

SugarDaddy1

Literotica Guru
The West is no longer post-Cold War and is in a new “pre-war” era with limited time left to prepare for and deter future conflicts, the UK government warns in a landmark speech on a “much more troubled world”.

Speaking at Lancaster House on Monday, British Minister of Defence Grant Shapps said the West is facing a “much more troubled world” and could no longer consider itself post-war, with considerable new investment in military spending needed. He said:

"…now is the time for all allies and democratic nations across the world to… make sure their defence spending is growing too. Because as discussed, the era of the peace dividend is over. In five years time we could be looking at multiple theatres including Russia, China, Iran, and North Korea.

…we find ourselves at the dawn of this new era. [The] Berlin Wall a distant memory but we have come full circle, moving from a post-war to a pre-war world. An age of idealism has been replaced by a period of hard-headed realism."
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...h-china-russia-iran-and-north-korea-warns-uk/

There may be one last big war, but later wars will be smaller as everyone runs out of energy to fight global wars with diesel ships crossing oceans. Combatants will need to decide who is worth ten rounds and who gets only a few jabs or schoolyard taunts.

When you stop talking to and working with adversaries and allies and gut the state department and subscribe to.isolationism, inevitably conflict increases.

When you stop talking to and working with adversaries and allies and gut the state department and subscribe to.isolationism, inevitably conflict increases.
Idiot

Delusional naive and dangerous

Last edited:
Yes, you are.

When the world can no longer.depend on the US for stability.....the gaps are filled by autocratic dictators who wage war without a care.

The state department was gutted by the previous administration.

Mmmm the idea of “gutting” State… and any other “department” is pretty appealing.

I think I’m being persuaded to vote for DT.
And that's why discussions of foreign policy with the right (such as yourself) should never be taken seriously.

You complain of war all the while removing mechanisms of peace.

Democrats want war and they're busy starting one as we speak, but they want to be able to blame it on Trump.

Nikki Haley's campaign really should be hammering this home on all fronts. It's a no brainer, imo

Democrats want war and they're busy starting one as we speak, but they want to be able to blame it on Trump.
I showed you the receipts.

If you don't have the personnel to head off conflict, you get conflict.

Foreign policy is not just throwing your dick on the table and challenging others to do the same. If you believe it is, this is why you fail.

It is comical to see people think that a few more diplomats will prevent a war that so many nations are preparing.

I believe it is likely that we have passed the point where anyone can stop it. The way things are mobilizing, if it does not begin by the end of the year, it will probably be soon after.

There is a tipping point when it comes to mobilizing ground forces, where once so many are put into position, something is going to happen.

Once the force is large enough, it is not feasible to back them off, and bring them there again later… and it is not feasible to have them sit there indefinitely.

I also believe we can expect nuclear weapons to be used.
Deterence is only one part of diplomacy.

And this is much more than "a few more diplomats"

When America up and leaves areas of the world where it once held the line against tyranny, then it loses its leadership role to other countries like Russia and China who openly oppress their own people.

We left multiple nuclear treaties

.of course they're more of an option now

It is comical to see people think that a few more diplomats will prevent a war that so many nations are preparing.

I believe it is likely that we have passed the point where anyone can stop it. The way things are mobilizing, if it does not begin by the end of the year, it will probably be soon after.

There is a tipping point when it comes to mobilizing ground forces, where once so many are put into position, something is going to happen.

Once the force is large enough, it is not feasible to back them off, and bring them there again later… and it is not feasible to have them sit there indefinitely.

I also believe we can expect nuclear weapons to be used.
If nuclear war would start, it would be because dipshits like you calling for it

There may be one last big war, but later wars will be smaller as everyone runs out of energy to fight global wars with diesel ships crossing oceans. Combatants will need to decide who is worth ten rounds and who gets only a few jabs or schoolyard taunts.

WWIII will be fought with nuclear weapons. WWIV will be fought with bioweapons and disease. There will be no WWV because there will be no mankind.

I am flattered that you think I have that kind of pull.

But as usual you are incorrect, about that, and about what I want to happen. I expect nuclear weapons will be used because they are being positioned for use. The people moving them into position are doing so without even consulting me!
I never said you'd have that kind of pull, specifically, hence the "like you" comment.

Has it ever occurred to you that the reason we are hated in so much of the world… could be that we are the bully?
Diplomacy is not perfect.

I will admit, it took me a long time to see it, but it’s pretty plain at this point. And no, that’s not a crack against Biden. This is much bigger and much deeper than the R vs D puppet show.
Yes, I know you subscribe to both sidesism horseshit.

By “openly oppress their own people” I guess you mean constant surveillance, repression of free speech and opposing views, and things like lockdowns, endless war, and representative government that only represents people with enough money to bribe it?
Autocratic dictators who kill their opposition and openly dictate everything their country does. That is what I mean.

If you don't believe you have the ability to express your opinion, feel free to give Russia, China or North Korea a try.

As for diplomacy, some smart guy a long time ago said, “Little has been won at the negotiating table that could not have been taken on the battlefield.”
Yes, bombing the fuck out of people works
Not bombing people also works.
The problem comes when the sides aren’t sure what is possible on the battlefield. Without some idea of that, they are likely to choose war to find out.
Hence why deterrence is a part of diplomacy.

Last edited:
You think “autocratic dictators” look like Hitler. Probably watching too many “Holocaust” movies.
No, Putin, Xi and Un are autocratic dictators and none of them look anything like Hitler.

No, in 2024 they look and sound a lot softer and nicer - but the tactics are similar and the results will be the same in the long run.
If you wish to consolidate power into the white house and put puppets in the judicial and legislative branches, then probably ...yes.

But you're full of shit, so no.

Back