Summer Lovin’ Challenge

I am amazed and honored to have placed 2nd in this year's SL contest. Humbled, really... considering the competition.
To answer your question, I didn't plan the story around the contest in any way; just dumb luck that I was wrapping it up around contest time and it seemed to fit, so I submitted it. I've only been submitting for about 6 months and this was my very first foray into this category.

https://literotica.com/s/both-sides-now-3
Well done!

I was well below the stratosphere you and @TarnishedPenny were inhabiting, then my humble tale is [currently] my highest rated. So a result for me 😊.

Em

Well done!

I was well below the stratosphere you and @TarnishedPenny were inhabiting, then my humble tale is [currently] my highest rated. So a result for me 😊.

Em
This is my highest rated as well. A personal best for us both! I was gonna ask, read my story first, but it's twice as long as TarnishedPenny's... :rolleyes:

This is my highest rated as well. A personal best for us both! I was gonna ask, read my story first, but it's twice as long as TarnishedPenny's... :rolleyes:
I’m really bad at reading. Work, writing, and real life all take up time. I also have some promised beta-reading backed up. But will try soon 😊.

Em

Hey all!
So Literotica has been around for what feels like forever. I mean I used to come here to read stories back in my ‘formative’ years and couldn’t believe all these years later that I was here writing on the site… I kind of feel like it’s my obligations to write stories to help the enjoyment of the next generation.

Anyway getting sidetracked- sorry! Point of this post is I actually submitted my first story for a contest Giving Grandpa a Helping Hand (Gay/Incest warning)and thoroughly enjoyed writing with some sort of ‘prompt’.

I found that knowing I was ‘writing for a contest’ I tried to push myself with my writing beyond what my first submitted stories were in terms of character development, dialogue and even what was happening.

After submitting the story I found myself heading back to other Works in Progress with my new found confidence in writing style and beginning to rewrite large portions.

So I guess posting to see from other authors:
Have you/do you plan on submitting?!
Have you ever won a contest like this in the past? (Would love to see/read and see where the standard needs to be and how to better improve my writing abilities)

Good luck to all that enter.
I did win some story contests, but these were all Dutch. For Literotica I write in English, but it's really difficult to get the right nuance in texts, when writing in a foreign language. I even got a story rejected because of poor grammar...blush blush. Since I have all my stories edited. I never submitted to a contest yet; a bit in doubt if it is fair to submit a story that is edited by others.

I did win some story contests, but these were all Dutch. For Literotica I write in English, but it's really difficult to get the right nuance in texts, when writing in a foreign language. I even got a story rejected because of poor grammar...blush blush. Since I have all my stories edited. I never submitted to a contest yet; a bit in doubt if it is fair to submit a story that is edited by others.
Many writers use editors. Don't worry about that - your story is just as eligible for a contest as anyone else's.

Back