Writing makes it better/worse

So it's a bait and switch then?

I blame Literotica for everything good and bad that's happened to me over the last two decades.

• Literotica got me into webcam sites, to which I'm addicted, from its ads (a bad thing).

• It catalyzed the breakup of my first marriage (a good thing), through making me realize that I wasn't ever going to get over her infidelities.

• I met a beatiful woman on this forum, fell in unrequited love, travelled 10k miles to meet her, and still think about her often (a bittersweet thing)

• Through my fumbling attempts to illustrate a story, Literotica intoduced me to Ren'Py, Daz 3d and Blender, which are all useful skills in my real, paid work (a good thing)

• I understand my sexuality a little better now through my own writing (a good thing)

• I use it as an excuse to play hookey from life (a bad thing)

• I've met lots of interesting super-smart and nice people here (a good thing)

• I've used it as sort of dating service, in failed attempts to square the cirle of romance and sexual perversion (a good/bad thing)

I blame Literotica for everything good and bad that's happened to me over the last two decades.

• Literotica got me into webcam sites, to which I'm addicted, from its ads (a bad thing).

• It catalyzed the breakup of my first marriage (a good thing), through making me realize that I wasn't ever going to get over her infidelities.

• I met a beatiful woman on this forum, fell in unrequited love, travelled 10k miles to meet her, and still think about her often (a bittersweet thing)

• Through my fumbling attempts to illustrate a story, Literotica intoduced me to Ren'Py, Daz 3d and Blender, which are all useful skills in my real, paid work (a good thing)

• I understand my sexuality a little better now through my own writing (a good thing)

• I use it as an excuse to play hookey from life (a bad thing)

• I've met lots of interesting super-smart and nice people here (a good thing)

• I've used it as sort of dating service, in failed attempts to square the cirle of romance and sexual perversion (a good/bad thing)
That is quite an impressive list of Literotica influences. I've been here for six years, and Lit has only been a realtively small influence on my overall well-being. So if I got this right, you've been here for two years (not counting Mombasa) and all that happened to you? ;)

Since you mentioned dating, I'm struck that you met someone on other than the "personals" forums and traveled 10 K miles to see her. (I couldn't afford a trip like that in any case.) I was on dating sites (not "apps") two decades ago before smartphones were introduced. One of the first things I noticed was "geographic incompatibility," and I'm talking about 100 miles, not ten-thousand.

Back