Just posted my first story ever

damn I thought my English was better than "blatantly obvious not a native speaker"
It's a matter of phrasing more so than 'poor' English. People brought up on other languages often have a slightly unique style and voice just because no two languages translate their conventions perfectly. The writing itself can be as good (or better) than native English, it just has a unique flair! Have fun with your stories :giggle:

My God, I'm blown away from the support, this is like the nicest forum on the internet šŸ˜

And yes, I'm not a native speaker (damn I thought my English was better than "blatantly obvious not a native speaker"),
I did try to find an editor, but with no luck.

Thank you all for your kind words and support
Don't forget that two of us think your non-native tone is just fine. A feature.

Congratulations on having the courage to put your ideas out there. I recently took the plunge. I had hoped to get a low to mid 4 scoring, which meant my story, now stories, were, at least presentable. I have been fortunate to have had my expectations far exceeded. It feels good, to be honest. I like that I can bring something to peopleā€™s lives that make them smile for the moment. Now, there is added pressure to create stories as well received. I am enjoying the challenge. It is good for my mind to be creative. I hope you find the joy in your writing that I have found in mine and that readers here get enjoyment because of your efforts and courage.

Congratulations on having the courage to put your ideas out there. I recently took the plunge. I had hoped to get a low to mid 4 scoring, which meant my story, now stories, were, at least presentable. I have been fortunate to have had my expectations far exceeded. It feels good, to be honest. I like that I can bring something to peopleā€™s lives that make them smile for the moment. Now, there is added pressure to create stories as well received. I am enjoying the challenge. It is good for my mind to be creative. I hope you find the joy in your writing that I have found in mine and that readers here get enjoyment because of your efforts and courage.
I know, right? Before the first one we're like... oh well, I don't care about the scores as long as there is someone out there who finds value in it. Once you start raking in those likes and get some praise, you now suddenly have all this pressure on you, the feeling of expectation. You've set a bar and now you have to make sure you at least reach that, or preferably even exceed it.

I agree that it is a good motivating force to improve ourselves, but it has also hindered me a bit, as writing suddenly became a lot less relaxing and a bit stressful even. :) Not sure if it happened with you as well.

I'm really excited,
i've been reading in literotica for more than 10 years now,
i have the idea for this story for 9 years
and i have been writing it on and off (it and the complete series) for 8 years now.

it always been for my self, but recently i decided i want to publish, mainly to try and improve my hobbie of writing.
which mean taking some classes, actually finishing the stories, and publish them to see how well they are received.
But it just so happened that the more ready-to-publish stories are my silly smut stories.
Sooo.... there it goes

you can read it here:
https://www.literotica.com/s/life-in-bolares

would love to hear your thoughts and talk about it :)

Cute story, I enjoyed it.

You may want to utilize an editor to help you with some typos and grammar, but otherwise nice job.

I vividly recall the anxiety of pressing 'Publish' on my first story. Unsurprisingly it's the lowest-rated of my works. The more you write, the easier it will be. Congratulations! I'll go give it a read.

I don't think it's that bad at all. I've read much worse fanfiction. I'd have probably taken the expulsion over all that over something that petty.

Ain't read them. Not into the real life/celeb stiff.
Your loss. I remind you I have also written plenty of fanfic about fictional characters- Star Trek, Metal Gear, God of War, Pathfinder to name a few- and some original works too if thatā€™s to your liking. Up to you if you want to give it a chance.

Your loss. I remind you I have also written plenty of fanfic about fictional characters- Star Trek, Metal Gear, God of War, Pathfinder to name a few- and some original works too if thatā€™s to your liking. Up to you if you want to give it a chance.
I forget that you do other things.

Back