How to be write sexy?

Sultry23

Virgin
I’ve been trying guys. I read (tho not enough), I write, I edit. It’s still horrible. What throws me off to is how different everyone’s writing style is. But everyone else’s is sexy. Mine is not

I’ve submitted my story, when it’s up can someone help me see what’s wrong with it?

I’ve been trying guys. I read (tho not enough), I write, I edit. It’s still horrible. What throws me off to is how different everyone’s writing style is. But everyone else’s is sexy. Mine is not

I’ve submitted my story, when it’s up can someone help me see what’s wrong with it?
If you want reaction when it's up, post a request in the Story Feedback forum. https://forum.literotica.com/forums/story-feedback.1/

Happy writing.

maybe nothing is wrong with it!

I suffer from the same thing - I think my writing pales in comparison to others. But the only way to start is to do it, so I am glad you submitted the story.

There are a number of editors too to help you.

But I like the creative outlet and writing about sex.

It's difficult to discuss specifics when the story's not out yet. Send a message on this thread when the story goes up and I will take a look.

In general though, your writing is (most likely) better than you think. Reading and writing are vastly different experiences. When you read something you really like, you are experiencing the world and the writing for the first time so you get lost in it. When you're writing, though, you spend a lot of time with your own style so it can be incredibly hard to view things objectively.

The fact that you care enough to look for advice in this thread and in others I've seen is good: it means that even if your writing isn't what you want it to be now, it will be in the future. You are improving 100% of the time you are writing.

It's important for writers - especially writers who are new to the genre - to keep in mind that there is no such thing as the universal sexy style. What presses one reader's buttons won't necessarily work for the next reader. There are stories on this site with seriously high scores that do absolutely nothing for me. And there are stories with mediocre (in my opinion) scores that I wish I had written.

As someone who has now earned a comfortable living from writing for more than 60 years, the best advice I can offer is write in pictures and make every picture as simple as possible. Your objective should be to get the picture from your mind to your reader's mind as directly as possible. Do that and you will make at least some of your readers feel whatever it is that you feel. And the readers who don't get the picture? That's their problem not yours.

It's difficult to discuss specifics when the story's not out yet. Send a message on this thread when the story goes up and I will take a look.

In general though, your writing is (most likely) better than you think. Reading and writing are vastly different experiences. When you read something you really like, you are experiencing the world and the writing for the first time so you get lost in it. When you're writing, though, you spend a lot of time with your own style so it can be incredibly hard to view things objectively.

The fact that you care enough to look for advice in this thread and in others I've seen is good: it means that even if your writing isn't what you want it to be now, it will be in the future. You are improving 100% of the time you are writing.
Thank you! This is encouraging

I think the best way to approach this question is to ask yourself what YOU think is sexy writing. What do you find sexy? Read stories and separate out the ones you think are sexy. Then study them and figure out what makes them sexy and learn from those examples. You don't have to emulate them, but learn from them.

This is what I have done, and it's worked. I write what I think is sexy. And I do so after having spent about 15 years reading erotic stories before writing a single one. I don't recommend waiting that long for anyone, but I do think that it's enormously beneficial to be an avid and careful reader. I think it's the best possible way to figure out what you want to write and to do it successfully.

I think the best way to approach this question is to ask yourself what YOU think is sexy writing. What do you find sexy? Read stories and separate out the ones you think are sexy. Then study them and figure out what makes them sexy and learn from those examples. You don't have to emulate them, but learn from them.

This is what I have done, and it's worked. I write what I think is sexy. And I do so after having spent about 15 years reading erotic stories before writing a single one. I don't recommend waiting that long for anyone, but I do think that it's enormously beneficial to be an avid and careful reader. I think it's the best possible way to figure out what you want to write and to do it successfully.
Putting it just slightly differently, to write sexy, think sexy.

(It also helps to find a good editor. Alternatively, put it away for a month and then reread it. Whole different perspective.)

Good luck.

Putting it just slightly differently, to write sexy, think sexy.

(It also helps to find a good editor. Alternatively, put it away for a month and then reread it. Whole different perspective.)

Good luck.
I would add that "writing sexy" depends upon your own definition of "sexy". is "sexy" that initial attraction caused by appearance, the attraction that results after knowing the person for some time regardless of their appearance, or the strength of the orgasm? Maybe it's all three. Write what you think about when you think of those three thing as well as anything else that defines "sexy" for you. I can promise some readers will comment that you should be writing for Harlequin, others will say you're OK but not great, and some will say it didn't do anything for them. Such is life on Literotica.

At first I drew a blank on this question, but it came to me in the night that I find self acceptance very sexy. I see it in the characters of my stories, although I don't know if I convey that to others.

Writing sexy means writing believable (or at least plausible). A super model and a overweight dad just isn't going to happen naturally, so writing it is pushing the beliveable and Im already tuned out. Not sexy no matter how hot she is. A supermodel and an overwreight billionare can easily happen. is still not sexy. Why? Because in there is no two way lust.

I need lust (or love, I'll take love) -- capture that and you are on your way to writing sexy.

I have two criteria for sexy:

1) Being able to put yourself in the place of one of the characters, either now, or in your past. Once the reader can see themselves there, the sex should be a little more intense that the real world (a little more dangerous and a little more exploratory).

2) If you can't give me love, give me lust from both parties. Lots of it. There does not have to be love for it to be sexy, but there has to be lust on both sides. I would rather read about the sex lives of a couple in their mid 50s trying something new, than a stunning 28 yeard old and her rich sugar daddy. Both are plausible, but only y one will have the necessary amount of lust to engage me.

Fat, tall, skinny, ugly, attractive, all I care is if the writer can get me to belive these two would get it on, and I am sold.

Writers who I follow in LE had achieved this standard and I'm always on the search for others who make me belive the characters are experienceing lust or love in their erotica becayse that is sexy.. Is that you? Let me know

Everyone's perception about sexy is different. To me, sexy writing is all about emotional content. If you can write and portray your characters excitement and reaction to a sexual situation with the person they want, you've got something sexy. If the situation is erotic, then what's erotic about it? Are the people in the story excited? Can you feel their excitement before, during, and after? I personally think the emotional and physical excitement is what's the real fat of what makes writing sexy or not, more important than the sex moves. Emotional stimulation(by the characters) is the substance of sexy writing.

I don't know what issues there are, if any, with your writing(There might not even be anything wrong, I'd have to read it first), but one of the best tricks to check is by giving yourself a week's break from your story before reading it again. This works for any kind of writing since it'll be easier to come back into reviewing your work from a fresh perspective while keeping in mind what it is you're going for in your scenes, and seeing if it matches up with the feel you're going for.

Last edited:
Good, brief descriptions that let the reader fill in the blanks from their own imagination helps. Also, natural sounding dialogue.

Rob stopped short as the beautiful brunette stepped into his path. Her hourglass figure in a tight skirt and blouse never failed to make his tongue trip when they spoke and he was pretty sure she knew it.

Amy cocked a hip and smiled. "Rob, I just finished your latest story. I enjoyed it."

The chubby older man was speechless. "Th-thank you, Ms. Stafford."

She stepped close enough for her to whisper in his ear. He coud feel the heat of her body. "I was wondering if you'de stay late tonight and we could discuss it privately." Her green eyes met his. "In depth."

Hey! It could happen, no matter what @WendyTrilby says!

I just want to highlight this from @Rob_Royale's snippet above:
She stepped close enough for her to whisper in his ear. He coud feel the heat of her body. "I was wondering if you'de stay late tonight and we could discuss it privately." Her green eyes met his. "In depth."
This kind of detail can be very useful. Not only is it evocative - and people often overlook how intimate it can feel to have someone standing so close to you that you can feel their body heat - but it slows the narrative down. The reader is drawn into a moment when the narrator is hyperaware and everything around them seems to be moving in slow motion.

Moments like this add a whole new layer of depth to the scene.

Good, brief descriptions that let the reader fill in the blanks from their own imagination helps. Also, natural sounding dialogue.

Rob stopped short as the beautiful brunette stepped into his path. Her hourglass figure in a tight skirt and blouse never failed to make his tongue trip when they spoke and he was pretty sure she knew it.

Amy cocked a hip and smiled. "Rob, I just finished your latest story. I enjoyed it."

The chubby older man was speechless. "Th-thank you, Ms. Stafford."

Hey! It could happen, no matter what @WendyTrilby says!
When you write like that, it works for me. But then again, I've been following you for about a year becuase I have you on my list as one of the authors who does sexy right - WT

When you write like that, it works for me. But then again, I've been following you for about a year becuase I have you on my list as one of the authors who does sexy right - WT
Oh wow. What a great compliment. Thank you. That made my night.

Your story doesn't seem to be up yet. Is there a problem? In any case, here's what I do, in three simple steps:

1) I write what turns me on.

Clearly, if my writing doesn't turn me on, then I can't expect it to turn on a reader. And anyway, that's the fun part of writing, right?

2) I send it out into the world.

On this site I try to choose a category I think it will fit in (not always an easy task) to get the most favorable response, but I acknowledge it's a bit of a crap shoot. I add as many tags as allowed to help prospective readers find my stuff.

3) I use the feedback (follows, faves, comments, views) to understand what my readers like or don't like to improve my writing on my next story.

That's it. You're writing because you want to write. You're publishing because you want other people to enjoy what you write. You're writing erotica because that's what you want to write, and you're publishing here to maximize the odds of finding readers who like the kind of erotica you write.

If you follow these steps then success is guaranteed. You'll have written a sexy story and found readers who like it. You'll be inspired to make your next story better and have some response to help you do that. What more could you want?

I guess I don't think of it as sexy writing, but writing that has sex in it (maybe even described if not depicted). You may think, "what is this person talking about?" It's hard to explain! You're welcome to browse through my stuff (125 including non-fiction) if you wish. Some of it is mediocre, some of it got bad scores even if I liked it, and some it got good scores. (I can't think of anything that was truly overrated by the readers.)

Once your story is published, you can post a link in the Story Feedback section and specifically request, well, feedback. Don't automatically assume that there will be something "wrong with it." You might be surprised.

https://www.literotica.com/stories/memberpage.php?uid=4162715&page=submissions

For me, a sexy story must express desire, a hunger. There has to be passion, a situation where two or more people are so into each other. Nothing else matters.
The hunger burns inside them like a raging inferno. The fire must be quenched. There must be urgency, a rush of chemicals so strong there could be no denial.
I don't want mechanics. My mind can picture that. What I need are characters that feel real.
Then, let the animals within feast.

Cagivagurl

Back