What I wrote and why: Unorthodox Methods, a meta stroker of sorts

samhasstories

Literotica Guru
Are we still doing these? I’ve been wanting to do one ever since @StillStunned kicked them off. For many of my stories, there isn’t much to say – I write what turns me on, because it turns me on, without much flexing of my creative muscles. I try to write reasonably compelling strokers, but strokers all the same.

I did something a little different with Unorthodox Methods. It’s by all means a stroker – literally so, given the action of the story – but a stroker with a little something else going on.

The setup is therapy, which I would guess isn’t exactly unheard of in erotica, but it’s not one I’d dipped into previously. Its potential is obvious for the type of stories I like to write: a woman driving the action, turning a situation surprisingly sexual, CFNM, etc.

The therapy conceit also presents another opportunity – not terribly subtle, I have to admit – to explore these topics more explicitly. The therapist probes the male character for details on his sex life, on what turns him on, as a way to gain some insight into his deeper issues.

I’ve not written much meta fiction, particularly with erotica, but that ended up being an element to this: through the therapist character I explored why someone might be inclined toward this type of story, even while it’s itself this type of story. The male character is also into reading erotic fiction online, and the therapist suggests he write some – some that may end up more or less like this very one.

I won’t pretend the amateur psychoanalysis I employ has any real merit (and the male character’s issues are not my issues, though we certainly share some kinks), but I had fun using it as a tool to kind of analyze this category and kinks, while also giving my character some emotional stakes. Hopefully in a manner that isn’t too awkwardly ham-handed. I make no claims to its effectiveness, but that’s the idea.

I plan to go on with this, using the same framework to get into more kinks, more character issues, etc., while of course ratcheting up some of the action.

If I were more inclined toward other categories I might be tempted to branch out more with this, using it to ask questions about a number of different categories and kinks, all while – hopefully – writing reasonably diverting and arousing examples of those kinks.

Anyway, that’s my story. I found it an interesting exercise, so I figured I’d share. If you’re still here, thanks for reading.

I noticed your story listed below mine in E&V this morning, and saw that it had soared to a strong H within just a few hours. I'll check it out - it sounds interesting and unusual!

Received this comment, unsure if this is an interested musing or genuine confusion:
Is this what happened or the story he wrote of what happened?
But I guess that's the meta question...

I plan to go on with this, using the same framework to get into more kinks, more character issues, etc., while of course ratcheting up some of the action.
This story is cool and has legs. An excellent idea well-executed. The recursiveness is perfection, which your commenter confirms. Not in any way my kink but it turned me on. And his homework is to write (another) story. I hope it includes Melissa, who is asked to write her story, and then . . .

This story is cool and has legs. An excellent idea well-executed. The recursiveness is perfection, which your commenter confirms. Not in any way my kink but it turned me on. And his homework is to write (another) story. I hope it includes Melissa, who is asked to write her story, and then . . .
Thanks for reading, and for the kind feedback! "Not in any way my kink but it turned me on" is about as good a compliment as I can ask for.

I definitely plan to incorporate more characters, more in-story writing. Hadn't thought specifically to bring Melissa in, but it's an interesting thought.

I've been encouraged by the reception so far, a number of very positive comments. We'll see if they stick with me through the follow-up, whenever I get that done.

Back