In a Sunburned Country Story Event: Official Support Thread

Is anybody writing something set in Tasmania? I had the best scene in mind, but sadly could not steer my story that far South.

Oh well... if I ever write a sequel.

Is anybody writing something set in Tasmania? I had the best scene in mind, but sadly could not steer my story that far South.

Tasmania is one place I've never set a story, but I have referenced it several times in my Aussie works.

For example, in my story 'Leanne the Lusty Lifeguard', set in Sydney in 1979-1980, the character of Uncle Merv (who fully deserves his nickname Merv the Perve) watches and drools over a netball game played by 18 & 19 year old girls from New South Wales and Tasmania, and makes numerous inappropriate jokes about the Tasmanian team.

I'm in. Dont know about the title, will call it the Freemantle Experience!

Yaaaaay, another one. And mine's close. So close. It'll be down to the wire though, I'm telling ya. This is some hard yakka here. :eek:

Every good girl should have a map of Tasmania ;).

Yes, funny you mention it, my story is titled "Heather's exquisite map of Tassie"
…and no, it’s not about incest…though there are a more than a few Tassie incest jokes in there.

Stories for A Sunburnt Country Story event

Add another 2 stories I wrote , Spinifex and DropBear, so 22 entries so far I believe ... yeah I couldn’t resist writing a DropBear story... hope y’all get a chuckle out of DropBear. Most of the descriptions in my stories are true, Mt Isa I visited for a weeks work in August at Gunpowder MIne and Drop Bear location is the area I actually live near, and yes , Telegraph hole is the real name of the waterhole , so cheers all, can’t wait to see all the stories today( 12:50 am here now in central Qld) lets go Chloe , unleash the Aussie beasts 👍

More stories

Yaaaaay, another one. And mine's close. So close. It'll be down to the wire though, I'm telling ya. This is some hard yakka here. :eek:

Spinifex and DropBear are 2 more stories to add to the list, can we see them already?? It’s nearly 1am on the 6/12/2018 here in north Qld 👍

Spinifex and DropBear are 2 more stories to add to the list, can we see them already?? It’s nearly 1am on the 6/12/2018 here in north Qld 👍

Alas, 6th November North American time. So it’ll be tomorrow for the Aussies

Alas, 6th November North American time. So it’ll be tomorrow for the Aussies
Can you tell us what time the release is likely and what time zone in the USA for Literotica?

The Melbourne Cup starts in 1 hour and 5 minutes.

Last edited:
Can you tell us what time the release is likely and what time zone in the USA for Literotica?

If it releases like the rest of the stories it will probably be at about 2:15 am EST.

I believe new stories release around midnight, California time, or UTC-7. But I don't think it's a strict schedule. Sometimes it varies.

It'll likely be some time tomorrow morning. Which is just as well coz I submitted mine at 23:59 hours to the second and is that close to the witching hour or what.

I think there'll be about 30 stories there.

It's 11 PM pacific time and we're live.

Woo hoooo, and 31 stories too. That’s great. I’m really looking forward to reading these! Thx a million to everyone who put one in!:heart:

Last edited:
I rooted up my entry

It's 11 PM pacific time and we're live.

Crimes, cobs, me entry never left the starting gate. When it left the bloody stable a week ago I thought all was bonz. But the Startin' Marshal had the bloody nag down as "draft" instead of "pending" and I thought that was either because it was waiting until the startin' pistol went off like a buggered galah, or her hairy legs betrayed her sire pulled a milky round the houses. So, my non-thoroughbred was a non-starter.

Now I've given her a palm print with all fingers on her arse so hoping that with a gallop and few hops she'll get round before the bookies scarper with my stake....

Crimes, cobs, me entry never left the starting gate. When it left the bloody stable a week ago I thought all was bonz. But the Startin' Marshal had the bloody nag down as "draft" instead of "pending" and I thought that was either because it was waiting until the startin' pistol went off like a buggered galah, or her hairy legs betrayed her sire pulled a milky round the houses. So, my non-thoroughbred was a non-starter.

Now I've given her a palm print with all fingers on her arse so hoping that with a gallop and few hops she'll get round before the bookies scarper with my stake....

Did you submit it? Pm me with the details and I’ll ask Laurel if she can add it in.

Submitted

Did you submit it? Pm me with the details and I’ll ask Laurel if she can add it in.

Yes, when I saw it wasn’t on the list I noticed it was still there with the status of draft, so I reviewed it and pressed the submit button.

Don't know why I missed that before, must've thought the 'submit' button was a subject category!

It's not as if I haven’t submitted stories before. Feel a bit of a drongo now.

Yes, when I saw it wasn’t on the list I noticed it was still there with the status of draft, so I reviewed it and pressed the submit button.

Don't know why I missed that before, must've thought the 'submit' button was a subject category!

It's not as if I haven’t submitted stories before. Feel a bit of a drongo now.

What’s it called? I can ask Laurel to track it down in the submissions and add it.

"A Blue Christmas"

What’s it called? I can ask Laurel to track it down in the submissions and add it.

Entered in the Novels and Novellas as it adds up to about 84k, I got carried away. It's a road trek from coast to coast along the Stuart Highway, SA to NT, with a truculent truckie and a topless redhead.

Sweet!

Congratulations, Chloe, thanks for all the hard work. Good luck to all the authors. Should be some nice reading. I've read and enjoyed two, so far. Randi.

Is there a compiled list of all the Sunburned stories somewhere?

Back