IC Not so normal day

It seemed that the death of their fellows drew out more and Andrew alongside Mazie had his hands full, the gate opening gave him a bit of hope, but then it rattled close and Lily gave her verdict. They need the cards, but there was a missing one,

"Lily find that last guard."

He sliced off hands groping at him and on the backswing sent the head flying. He drew his sword, slipped the sickle back into it's holder and drew his second sword. The metal flashed and soon streaked crimson.

Lily nodded and swung clearing her path, running back to the security box she flicked the computer on once more. Typing away she once more hacked into the CCTV of the school and surrounding grounds. Peering through she firstly checked on the south building it seemed that the number of them inside had doubled but checking the locks were still holding which was a good sign. Sighing her relief she scanned the CCTV monitors until she found herself back at the dorms, she was about to give up hope when from the CCTV a small shuffling sound came from the computer speakers.
Pausing she entered one more code which would enable her to scan further with the camera, looking both ways she saw nothing till, there in the door, she grinned there was our security guard busy feasting away at some guy.

Smiling she closed down the computer to save power and ran back to Andrew and Mazie dead bodies now surrounding their feet as the soil soaked up the blood, helping Andrew finished one off she stood breathless, "Ok.. security guard is in male dorms, he is busy feasting, so if you think you have enough fight in you lets go." she held her baseball bat firmly, she really did not want to stay behind those gates any longer.

He raised his one sword, swinging it downwards to send the blood flying off of the polished blade.

"Well then, time for more of these things then."

He sheathed the sword and started off to the male dorms.

Lily wiped her forehead and quickly followed behind Andrew and Mazie. Standing outside the male dorms she looked up at the empty looking building, "I know he is in there." she whispered, "but i couldn't see if there was anything else."
She swallowed nervously, before looking around, they hadn't been followed but all this running around was meaning their day was wasting, they could have been at her SUV by now. She stopped herself from becoming frustrated, keep a clear head she thought.

He nodded at Lily's words, took a step back from the door and kicked just above the lock. The door opened to the outside and the kick splintered wood with a loud crack, Andrew rushed in, cutting apart any creature that stepped out into his path. They moved up to the second floor. There the security guard was at the end of the hall and in between them lay bodies and some creatures moved. Seems like there had been some survivors, they just haven't made it further than today, Andrew stepped forward, sword dealing death and beheading corpses. The guard died with his head chopped off and his victim met the same fate. He quickly grabbed the guard's card and handed it to Lily, he then paused to wipe the blood from his face, he had to look like a nightmare now.

"Let's go."

Lily caught the security card putting it in her jean pockets, "Time to get the hell out of here." she groaned as she wiped blood from her hoodie onto her jeans, they all looked like crazy people she thought, running a hand through her hair there wasn't time for that.
"I'll run to the security box and get everything started, you and Mazie do what you do best." she grinned.
Running as fast as she could she jumped over the corpses that had been left behind by Andrew, skidding into the security box she let the computer load up once more. Grabbing the cards from her rucksack once more and her jeans pocket she waited for the software to fully load, swiping each she bit her lip nervously as all were accepted. The last step she entered the code from her cell phone, once more the gates shuddered opened then stopped she was about to curse when the gates continued on opening.
"YES!" she shouted before grabbing her rucksack, and placing the cell back into her rucksack, "Time to go, i'm one block away." she told Andrew and Mazie as they approached.

"OK go, I'll follow you."

He waited for the two to leave, he went into the security box and slammed the close button the gate started to whir close and as he ran for the gate more of the creatures came rushing past the building, just how of these things was there? He stopped just inside the closing gate, drawing both swords, he sliced at the creatures as the drew close, making sure to slip out of the gate before it shut behind him, locking the slavering creatures inside. He sat down on his haunches and took a breather, all this slicing and running was starting to take a toll on him. He was no super human, no matter what the stories and movies tried to tell people about ninjas. He rose after a few moments, cleaned the blades and slid them into their sheathes, pulling his folded hoodie out of his bag, he shrugged it on. He smiled,

"Better to avoid suspicion, lead the way Lily."

Lily shook her head smiling, "Its only one block away." Placing the baseball bat at her side she began walking quickly to her SUV. She couldn't help but look around, keeping her senses sharp. Looking at the houses which faced the school everything seemed quiet and normal. Frowning she looked at Andrew and Mazie, "Is it me ... or is it quiet?" she looked around once more.
Picking up her pace she turned the corner .... the street seemed like a disaster zone, garbage was everywhere, cars were parked on lawns ...

"Think they have left." she muttered more to herself. Seeing this her mind was screaming for her to get to the car quickly, "Think we should hurry." she brought up the baseball bat protectively as she hurried along the side walk.

He looked around them as they moved, so far the whole placed seemed empty, yet it shouldn't be. There should be people, he shifted uncomfortably, the only real weapon he had now was his shuko at a distance they looked liked open finger gloves, only up close one could see the razor like claws at the finger's base. He flicked the hood of his hoodie up, concentrating on the sights and sounds around them, but all he could hear was their breathing and footsteps, in the distance dogs barked, somewhere a screen door slammed close. It wasn't right, there should be life, movement...

"Be careful."

Continuing down the street, Andrew was right there was something wrong. Shivering a little as the small breeze hit her, she continued to hurry along her strides becoming longer.

"I don't like this one bit!" she whispered, gripping the base ball bat harder. "I'm just round this corner."

It seemed to take them forever to get to that small street corner, she stopped and grinned as her SUV stood there. It was out of place but then again the size of it, would stand out anywhere, thanks a lot dad she thought before continuing on.

Grabbing the keys from her pocket she was just about to open the driver door when the distant scream cut through the silence, turning quickly she looked at Andrew and Mazie in horror, "What the hell!?!"

"Does it really matter? Get into that SUV."

He knew it sounded harsh, but once they had some more protection around them, they can start thinking about the other people.

Lily glanced over her shoulder once more before pressing the automatic key lock on the bunch of keys she held and opened the driver door.
Jumping in she placed the baseball bat behind her with her rucksack closing the door she placed the keys into the ignition she waited till Andrew & Mazie were comfortable and all doors were locked.

"Ok where we heading?" she asked as her hand still held the key in the ignition ready to start up the large engine underneath the hood.

"Into town, a gunshop preferably. I may not like guns, but they make the best long distance weapon and shotguns the best close defense weapon. Like I said, we have to be prepared, if the town is fine, which from the looks of it, it isn't, we will have to head North. I'm sure military personnel will be sent out for this kind of outbreak."

He fastened his seatbelt

Lily nodded and turning the key the huge SUV roared to life, the sound seeming to echo through the empty street. Pulling her seatbelt on she began to drive at a steady pace through a number of empty streets, she couldn't help but gaze out of her side window every so often, it seemed like a disaster zone, not a soul was around.
She had to drive carefully around some cars which seemed to have been in the middle of reversing off their drive ways. It wasn't long before they were hitting the main street of the town, the shops which were once busy now empty ... "I don't like this one bit." she muttered once more.
Pulling up outside of JOE'S GUNS & AMMUNITION. Lily brought the SUV to silence once more, gazing at the store she looked back at Andrew and Mazie, "Want me to come in? Or stay out here?"
They didn't know if any of those things which she saw at school were out here, but the silence wasn't settling her either.

"It's best to stay out here and keep the engine running, when I come out it may be better to have transport ready and rearing to go."

He undid his seatbelt and opened the door,

"Mazie stay here, if I'm not back in ten minutes you can come look for me, or leave. Up to you two."

He slid out of the SUV and closed the door, looking at the gunshop he drew a throwing dart from the bag now positioned on his hip and ran across the street, the dart could be concealed in his hand, but could be used very quickly. He pushed open the door, a little bell tinkled and he closed the door. Pausing to listen for movement, none came, but he waited a bit longer.

When nothing moved he moved further into the shop, it seemed deserted, a few weapons was missing from the display and behind the counter ammunition lay scattered around. He lightly jumped over the counter and started to collect shotguns and pistols, throwing the ammunition and pistols into the bag and slinging the shotguns over his shoulder, the riot shotguns was perfect as they had drum magazines and was semi-auto, just point and pull the trigger.

He searched around some more, eyes shifting and ears strained for any sound apart from those he was making and the SUV's rumble outside. He found a display of hunting knives and threw them into his bag as well, he glanced at his watch, nine minutes. He moved towards the door, pulling it open, he peeked outside and then moved to the SUV.

Lily waited nervously, her hands tightly around the steering wheel as Andrew disappeared into the store. Looking around she couldn't help but shudder, everything was quiet and empty, something definitely wasn't right. The town had a big enough population that you would see someone walking around and nearly all hours of the day and night, and now looking at the dashboard clock it blinked 2:45pm not one person was around.
Frowning she adjusted herself in her seat, looking into the rear mirrors it was the same nothing, just the rumble of the SUV and the odd whistle from the breeze.
It seemed to take forever before Andrew emerged once more from the store, popping the boot she smiled as she saw he had pretty much emptied the whole store.
Lily waited till he had finished noticing him keeping some of his arsenal with him as he stepped back into the SUV, "Quiet in there?" she asked before placing her foot onto the pedal and moving off.

"So where we going? my place?" she looked at both Andrew and then Mazie who seemed happy enough to sit in the back with a rifle sitting comfortably on her lap.

Turning left away from the main street, lily manoeuvred through some more scattered cars and headed for the town's limits.

"My house is about five miles west, outside of town, we can stay there for a couple of nights." she said as she sped up a little, maybe being in the comfort of her own home would help, but she doubted it.

"West?"

He scratched his jaw,

"You sure that is a good direction? But ah hell, it's all the same. Is your house inside the city limits?"

Lily checked her mirrors before chuckling, "Yeah about 5 or 6 miles." she swallowed nervously, "Many people call it the murder house." she laughed shaking her head.
"None of its true, the house was built then the owner died naturally then we bought it." she shrugged.

Moving the SUV through the scatter cars she began once again to check for survivors but still the streets were empty.
They had been driving for some time before they reached the sign saying,

THANK YOU FOR VISITING COME AGAIN!

Shuffling in her seat she smiled at Mazie through the rear mirror, of course Mazie was still sitting comfortably with the gun across her lap.

Driving some more, Lily turned into her private drive way it was some way to get to the house but it enabled anyone in the house to see if anyone was arriving, "Parents aren't in." she muttered as she pulled up, parking the SUV.
Cutting the ignition she smiled at Andrew, "Here we are." grabbing the rucksack and baseball back from behind her seat. Lily jumped out and ran up the steps to the house, pulling the key from her pocket she let herself in. The security alarm making a soft beeping sound into the silence, quickly keying in the code she waited for Andrew and Mazie to step in before closing the front door, "Make yourself at home."

Andrew followed the girls inside, something bothered him, but it was not the house or anything inside of the house. There was lights down the road, more like ambient reflection, judging from the town they left behind which was dark and silent, so lights meant humans and he was certain that they should travel further as soon as they can.

He went off exploring the house as Lily told them to make themselves at home, it was a huge house, spoke of money and of course the kitchen was huge, housed lots of knives and on closer inspection...food. His stomach grumbled and he smiled, time for his very un-ninja-like food, spiced and mixed. He started to gather the ingredients for one of his famous sandwiches.

Lily left Andrew and Mazie to their own devices as she sat down in the library and opened her father's laptop.
It only took her a couple of seconds to hack into it, she had been doing it for years but both her parents didn't even notice. Opening up the web browser she checked the recent headlines...nothing new had seemed to of been reported. Frowning she sat back and began swinging the computer chair in circles.
Stopping a moment she plugged in her cell as it needed charging she went back to turning in the chair.

Lily continued doing this till she started to feel a little sickly, stopping she sighed and placed her head on the desk. What the hell was happening? she thought to herself as she gazed out the window. The large oak trees and fence which helped keep the house private.

Getting up she left the laptop and cell on and walked into the kitchen. She couldn't help but stand at the doorway and laugh as she noticed the amount of food that had been pulled out. "I guess your hungry." she chuckled as she walked further in, taking up a seat at the counter as she watched Andrew.
Gazing around she looked for Mazie, she was probably sleeping, they all needed a good rest, a wash and food then to begin planning the next stage of what the hell to do....
Lily sat silently for a while watching Andrew, stretching her arms above her head she couldn't stop the yawn from escaping..."Mind making me some." she smiled sweetly.

Back