A new day for The Outriders (dnd ttrpg PM Siobhan before joining to see if she can handle another)

Bubbles gags at the smell.
“Are we sure this is the only way?!?”
She hesitates but follows cautiously behind.
“Pretty sure our friend here can buy me a new outfit after this because I am pretty sure the smell is never going to come out… “

Trilan pouts playfully at the teasing, but doesn't respond. Instead, he follows warily, keeping an eye out for any threats, and fingers warm and ready to start slinging fire.

One hand on the leash the other holding a dagger Nuada tried not to think about the amazing new smells he was finding.

Khadija and the woman made their way with the trio in tow, moving towards the upper part of the city, where the smells were less intense but equally as bad. There they came to a nondescript wall made of brick. The woman gestured at the wall, but being gagged she couldn't do much but gesture vaguely.

Nuada puts the point of his dagger against her neck, "I am going to remove the gag so you tell us how to pass this wall, you know what happens if you fuck us about, my friend bubbles gets use speak with the dead."
He removes the gag

Bubbles casts thaumaturgy on herself and causes her eyes to glow red for a brief period

“She will gladly do that if it comes to it…” she winks at their prisoner before shaking her head and her eyes return to their normal colour.

"yeah I can do that too" She grins and gestures at the wall "you just walk through it. If you trust me, I can show you." she moves over, brushing a hand through the "wall" to show that it is illusory.

Nuada looks at everybody
"We ready for this?"
Thinks to himself we should have waited to get some more bodies on our side

Trilan shrugs. “We won’t know until we go for it.” He jabs Nuada with an elbow. “Besides, we’ve been in worse scrapes. Remember the Greenhollow Siege?”

Nuada nods. "Yes, that was fucking awful, still we took some name and kicked some ass. Bubbles stick with Trilan he will know if and when its time to run. Ok then priestess how many are there likely to be on the other side of the wall?"

“I mean… am I allowed to say no? We've. come this far might as well continue onwards…” Bubbles out a soft defeated sigh as she moves to the side to let others pass.

“Just try not to get too messed up… I can only heal so much and we still need to get out of here again…. And when we do get out here…”

Nuada sighs. "Yes you get a say. But if it goes so badly wrong that we have to run, the run. As for afterwards. Well let's get there first. Khadija don't suppose you have any battle buffs you care to share?"

Khadija shook her head "a few smites. nothing I can share." she loosened her scabbard "maybe discretion is the better part of valor, eh? we don't need to kill the whole congregation in one pitched battle no?"

“Maybe they will be sleeping and we can use the element of surprise? Maybe there aren’t many people on watch?”

Bubbles nudges a piece of slime with her boot

Trilan smirks at Khadija. “Usually I find fireballs to be the better part of valor, but in this case I believe you’re right. Not sure how useful I’ll be with the sneaky-stabby bits, though.” He shrugs and wiggles his fingers, flames dancing between his knuckles.

“well in your case… I guess it’s sneak up and fireball? Better to smack them first then they smack you?” Argh I really wish I knew what was on the other side of that wall… if we were lucky we may have been able to disguise our way through.”

"noted" came the desert warrior's dry reply. She stepped through the wall, and sure enough there were no actual bricks to impede her passage. she poked her head out and gestured for the others to follow "gag." she said, softly, and the priestess complied. The odd group made its way down, away from the smells of the city into a cave beneath. Khadija had a glow-ball that threw light in enough directions to see, and the natural twists and turns of the cave kept the group and their light hidden from anyone within. As they approached a larger cave she dimmed it, gesturing ahead.

Bubbles carefully sneaks forward and looks around keeping her guard up for any surprises. She can feel the warmth in her hands ready to cast if needed.

Nuada watched the priestess ready to act if she did anything to betray thier position.

Trilan isn’t sure how best to help with this part of their task, but nevertheless he creeps forward while keeping his fingers warm and an eye out for trouble

Back