Hammered – an Ode to Mickey Spillane” - the 2023 Story Event Official Support Thread

I still don’t know what happened there. Best I can guess is that in submitted it a few weeks ago, and it got set for future publication on 7/31. Then, a couple days back, I made a few changes and resubmitted it. When it got approved, I think somehow it got pushed out to live, but still with that 7/31 on it. It got pushed out in the middle of the day, too, which is weird; I usually only see that with posts from the Literotica account. I wonder if it’s going to be at the top of LW every day until then, or at least until it gets fixed?
*Scribbling notes furiously* That does sound weird...

I still don’t know what happened there. Best I can guess is that in submitted it a few weeks ago, and it got set for future publication on 7/31. Then, a couple days back, I made a few changes and resubmitted it. When it got approved, I think somehow it got pushed out to live, but still with that 7/31 on it. It got pushed out in the middle of the day, too, which is weird; I usually only see that with posts from the Literotica account. I wonder if it’s going to be at the top of LW every day until then, or at least until it gets fixed?
Message me and remind me around the 14th and I'll follow up with Laurel to make sure it gets added to the event page

Another vagary of the system, I suppose. Alas, this lass will not have an entry this go-round.

Message me and remind me around the 14th and I'll follow up with Laurel to make sure it gets added to the event page

I'm almost finished with my story. Proofing both chapters, making finishing touches. I'll submit it by the 15th, and my understanding is that the story will be published immediately (or after the normal checks) and the anthology list will be posted on the 31st. I really do need for it to be published and not be held back until the 31st...

It got pushed out in the middle of the day, too, which is weird;
Story postings have been wonky the last two or three days. New postings will show up on page 2 or 3 of the new stories list, then re-sort later in the day.

It happens occasionally with new stories.

I also have submitted a story, which was accepted, and set to go live on 7/31. Earlier would be nice, if it’s still possible, but if not maybe we will all go live together. That wouldn’t be so bad either.

If I understand the procedure, they are all supposed to go live on the same day.
I'd asked Laurel if it was possible to do as we do with the competitions and spread them out, but I guess it's the 31st of July for all of them - I 'm closer to getting my one done - 200k words and growing - a bit more to go. It's NOT a short story 🤣

It looks like my thing got sorted out. Her Master's Voice is back in Pending, but still with its views, rating, and comments. No idea if that will stick when it goes live again. Seems to have stirred up a shitstorm. Consider it an appetizer!

I'd asked Laurel if it was possible to do as we do with the competitions and spread them out, but I guess it's the 31st of July for all of them - I 'm closer to getting my one done - 200k words and growing - a bit more to go. It's NOT a short story 🤣
Lucky you, I have nothing for this event. Nothing at all.

Mine's been sitting on the shelf 1/2 finished for months due to work and family issues, but the plan for quite a while has been to knock it out this month. Work's still super busy and the Ogg tribute took up all my writing time over the last ten days or so, so I'm (hopeful but) questioning whether I'll complete this in time. I'm going to try to make a lot of progress this weekend.

I'd asked Laurel if it was possible to do as we do with the competitions and spread them out, but I guess it's the 31st of July for all of them
If I understand the procedure, they are all supposed to go live on the same day
On previous challenges, the stories were published after being reviewed, and were not held until anthology drop day. I'll ask when I submit my story to publish them ASAP. If they don't, then it is what it is...

My laptop crashed and I lost BOTH STORIES!!!

I wish my laptop had an ass, so I could stick my whole god damn foot up it. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I'll be starting over from scratch.
I do remember most of it though.

Okay, the first chapter of my two-part story, "Case of the Fertilized Fish" is submitted. (yay!)

I'm looking forward to reading all the entries. Won't be too long now. I hope Seadog777 can recover and get at least one of his stories in.

Welp. My nephew brought me my laptop back a little bit ago.
That means that I'm no longer using my phone to be on here, which I REALLY REALLY REALLY don't like.

He couldn't recover my 2 "Ode to Mickey Spillane" stories, my "Summer Lovin" story, my "Halloween" story and 2 "Winter Holidays" stories.

My semi-autobiographical story about how I met my now deceased ex, was recovered.
At least that is a bit of good news.

Okay, the first chapter of my two-part story, "Case of the Fertilized Fish" is submitted. (yay!)

And the first chapter is approved and in the hopper... with a publishing date of 7/31/2023. It is what it is.

I've submitted chapter 2 (of 2), and now I'll return to writing regular Iron Crowbar programming.

Welp. My nephew brought me my laptop back a little bit ago.
That means that I'm no longer using my phone to be on here, which I REALLY REALLY REALLY don't like.

He couldn't recover my 2 "Ode to Mickey Spillane" stories, my "Summer Lovin" story, my "Halloween" story and 2 "Winter Holidays" stories.

My semi-autobiographical story about how I met my now deceased ex, was recovered.
At least that is a bit of good news.
Google Docs can be a friend

Fingers crossed I get mine done in time. Is it okay ask for some feedback on a line?

I was also curious. Funny thing that, curiosity- vital for being a successful detective, vital for being a successful lover.

I'm not sure if I love the repetition. I think I'm good with curious/curiosity and the two vitals, but something with the dual use of 'successful' feels meh to me. Should I change the second successful to effective? Have I been looking at this too long? Is it all weird?

Fingers crossed I get mine done in time. Is it okay ask for some feedback on a line?

I was also curious. Funny thing that, curiosity- vital for being a successful detective, vital for being a successful lover.

I'm not sure if I love the repetition. I think I'm good with curious/curiosity and the two vitals, but something with the dual use of 'successful' feels meh to me. Should I change the second successful to effective? Have I been looking at this too long? Is it all weird?
How about being the best detective, and a better lover? It's noir, so up the ante.

For the second year I'm gonna miss the deadline for this. Those two dames gotta wait. I need to get on the case during the year, not wait till the end of it.

Picture dates falling down from the calendar on the wall, marking the passage of time...

This morning I finally decided to sit down and get back to writing my Mickey Spillane stories.

I pulled up my Microsoft Word and stared at a blank damn screen for an hour.

I forgot everything that I'd written before. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

The virginal page stared back at me, waiting to be defloured by me. That's a lot of pressure for a poor writer such as me. I took a deep breath, exhaled half of the air, like a sharpshooter ready to hit the bull in the eye, then typed, "In the begging."

What the fuck is that?
This morning I finally decided to sit down and get back to writing my Mickey Spillane stories.

I pulled up my Microsoft Word and stared at a blank damn screen for an hour.

I forgot everything that I'd written before. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

The virginal page stared back at me, waiting to be defloured by me. That's a lot of pressure for a poor writer such as me. I took a deep breath, exhaled half of the air, like a sharpshooter ready to hit the bull in the eye, then typed, "In the begging."

What the fuck is that?
What the fuck are you talking about??? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Back