Hammered – an Ode to Mickey Spillane” - the 2023 Story Event Official Support Thread

And the first chapter is approved and in the hopper... with a publishing date of 7/31/2023. It is what it is.

I've submitted chapter 2 (of 2), and now I'll return to writing regular Iron Crowbar programming.
I really enjoyed the Iron Crowbar guy! So much 'manliness' reeked all over that guy, tough, rough, and compassion as well. A real hero kind'a guy.

Looking forward to the postings for the Hammer stories. Submitted mine so many months ago, I' fuzzy about which story it was at this point ... have to go back and look ... growing older has some problems. What was I going on about? :unsure: Oh yeah, crowbars and hammers good tools - bought Craftsman brand for years then Sears went bust.

She took a crowbar to the guy's head. "No more Crowbar guy now," she said. He moved and she bashed him again, and again, "Damn he's tough, rough, old fart."
I really enjoyed the Iron Crowbar guy! So much 'manliness' reeked all over that guy, tough, rough, and compassion as well. A real hero kind'a guy.

Looking forward to the postings for the Hammer stories. Submitted mine so many months ago, I' fuzzy about which story it was at this point ... have to go back and look ... growing older has some problems. What was I going on about? :unsure: Oh yeah, crowbars and hammers good tools - bought Craftsman brand for years then Sears went bust.

Thanks for the comments about the Iron Crowbar guy. (y) Agree about the Craftsman tools, as well. I look forward to your story.

By the way, my Spillane-ish character, Russ Ferrament... 'Russ' is a variation of several languages's word for 'red', and 'Ferrament' translates to 'iron implement', i.o.w. 'red crowbar'. See what I did there? :LOL:

She took a crowbar to the guy's head. "No more Crowbar guy now," she said.

Not gonna happen. :cool: Many have tried; all have failed. Heck, they even tried to nuke the guy, and he's still going strong, pursuing beautiful Asian women and busting up crimes...

(I'm having too much fun, here. I blame it on too much bourbon...)

Last edited:
I’m to the turn in the final confrontation where the protagonist realizes that all isn’t as he believed. There’s a final love scene to follow (with which lover is the question), and the conclusion. I aKSi have one subplot to eliminate (it clashed with another point) and final editing. With my work schedule over the next few days, it’s going to be close getting it done in time!

Alright, mine has been accepted, but I noticed a couple of annoying errors. Any chance I can edit it, and still have accepted again in time?

I just submitted my short story for the "Hammered an Ode to Mickey Spillane" Event.

I apologize for it having to be a short story, instead of the longer one that I originally had planned.
My laptop crashed and they could not recover it.
I hope that it meets with the approval of the wonderful @ChloeTzang and the people who like his works.

I did what I could under the circumstances.

I hope y'alls like it.

I just submitted my short story for the "Hammered an Ode to Mickey Spillane" Event.

I apologize for it having to be a short story, instead of the longer one that I originally had planned.
I hope that it meets with the approval of the wonderful @ChloeTzang and the people who like his works.

I hope y'alls like it.

I’m glad you were able to get it out. I look forward to reading it and all the other stories.

I hope y'alls like it.

Happy you could get something done. I just finished submitting mine - had to cut a few planned scenes just to get it done and it took me an hour to fix all the html errors!!! But at least it's in and submitted. A little on the long side, but whatever. Big sigh of relief that it's done, flaws and all.

Thank you, @ChloeTzang for hosting this!

I almost feel like my story barely belongs in this event. It is only dealing with the concepts of violence, and very few concepts of sex, although both are in it.

But I was told to put it in this event by my proof/beta-reader, so I hope it can stand proud with the other stories. I'm definitely proud of it.

Back