Game of Thrones Thread WITH SPOILERS (you've been warned)

The former Knight, current fool who has befriended Sansa and helped her escape, I don't remember her act of kindness towards him.

anybody wanna throw me a bone?

The former Knight, current fool who has befriended Sansa and helped her escape, I don't remember her act of kindness towards him.

anybody wanna throw me a bone?

He showed up for Joffrey's name day party drunk. Joffrey told his men to make him drink wine until he drowned in it. Sansa talked Joffrey out of it by telling him it was bad luck to kill someone on your name day.

Tonight's episode will be the first once since the premiere that millions of people don't tune in thinking "I hope that little bastard Joffrey dies tonight".

One of the gems in the necklace Ser Dontas gave Sansa contained the poison. ( remember when Joffrey was going to kill Dontas by making him drink wine until he drowned....)

When Olenna was talking to Sansa, she surreptitiously snatched the poison gem. Then, when Joffrey was distracted by the pigeon pie, she dropped it into the wine.

Of course, that is just what happened. Who else might be behind the plot is another matter.....

Interesting link to photo sequence of the poisoning. Though later, Tyerion confesses to Jaimie that "Of course I killed your vile son." Perhaps to wound Jaimie in regard for what he did with Tyrion's first wife.

Last edited:
Where are my GoT friends to discuss last night?

Gross, I guess I hadn't considered that scene in reality.

Where are my GoT friends to discuss last night?

Gross, I guess I hadn't considered that scene in reality.

It worked in the book when Jaime coming to see his nephew/son and sister in the sept is the first moment Jaime sees her after returning to King's Landing, he's overwhelmed with everything and he just has to have her at that moment.

In the show, with him all ready been back in King's Landing for a little while, that scene really didn't work.

I liked the scene with Tywin and Tommen, showing Tommen's good sweet (and controllable) nature, compared to Joff's assholery and Charles Dance is always great as Tywin.

It worked in the book when Jaime coming to see his nephew/son and sister in the sept is the first moment Jaime sees her after returning to King's Landing, he's overwhelmed with everything and he just has to have her at that moment.

In the show, with him all ready been back in King's Landing for a little while, that scene really didn't work.

I liked the scene with Tywin and Tommen, showing Tommen's good sweet (and controllable) nature, compared to Joff's assholery and Charles Dance is always great as Tywin.

In the book, the scene is in a Jaime POV chapter, so what happens is filtered through his perspective. In the book, the whole thing comes off less rapey.

Charles Dance owned this episode, both in the scene when he lectures Tommen and in his scene with Oberyn.

In the book, the scene is in a Jaime POV chapter, so what happens is filtered through his perspective. In the book, the whole thing comes off less rapey.

Charles Dance owned this episode, both in the scene when he lectures Tommen and in his scene with Oberyn.

It wasn't as rapey as all that. She was half willing/half fighting and that made for a little hotness.

...Or at least as hot as it could be given it was in the presence of their dead incestuous bastard sons body.

It wasn't as rapey as all that. She was half willing/half fighting and that made for a little hotness.

...Or at least as hot as it could be given it was in the presence of their dead incestuous bastard sons body.

I was waiting for them to accidentally pull him down on top of themselves.

That would have made Westeros' Funniest Home Videos.

Back