Game of Thrones Thread WITH SPOILERS (you've been warned)

Bran really is the perfect king. One that sees the current truths and knows history. What more could one ask for?

i've watched and rewatched it and my opinion hasn't changed too much. it was alright, but it felt rushed. yes, it was anticlimactic, but it was always going to be. it was reasonably satisfying at the end of day.

and the people on reddit and elsewhere who got all uptight about a fucking water bottle really need to fuck off.

and now i have few days to decide if i want to rewatch the whole thing one last time or just cancel hbo now because i no longer need it. i'm kinda 50/50 there. i mean, i still haven't watched the second season of westworld. i don't even know if that's a good or bad thing. also, i only watched the first season of true detective. i might change that. i have no idea.

i've watched and rewatched it and my opinion hasn't changed too much. it was alright, but it felt rushed. yes, it was anticlimactic, but it was always going to be. it was reasonably satisfying at the end of day.

and the people on reddit and elsewhere who got all uptight about a fucking water bottle really need to fuck off.

and now i have few days to decide if i want to rewatch the whole thing one last time or just cancel hbo now because i no longer need it. i'm kinda 50/50 there. i mean, i still haven't watched the second season of westworld. i don't even know if that's a good or bad thing. also, i only watched the first season of true detective. i might change that. i have no idea.

Time to pull the plug.

Rewatching it won't change the ultimate outcome, although it was fun watching Littlefinger get his throat slit a second time.

I won’t change anything, but I really enjoyed watching in in the span of weeks and not years.

Yes to Little Finger’s throat being sliced open by Arya with catspaw. I still think the best dialogue was the episode I posted earlier.

Were the spoilers correct?

that's why we like the box sets ... anytime we're in the mood to binge, they're right there ready to go :)

I won’t change anything, but I really enjoyed watching in in the span of weeks and not years.

Yes to Little Finger’s throat being sliced open by Arya with catspaw. I still think the best dialogue was the episode I posted earlier.

Were the spoilers correct?

they were dead on.

For me, yes to second season of Westworld and to second season of True Detective. although TD season 2 is not quite as good as season 1 I enjoyed it.

also you've got a new season of Westworld coming up and The Watchmen. Also there's a new world war II series from Spielberg and Hanks about the 8th air force in Europe. also the GoT prequel. any way, I'm keeping HBO for a bit longer.

Skip the second season of True Detective.

attachment.php

Attachments

• firefly.jpg
    firefly.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 0
I loved the whole show, seasons 1-6 were superb, 7 was good although a little rushed. Season 8, however, was a massive drop in quality. I'm not totally against some of the character arc's and not against the story they have told, just really didn't like how they got there. This could have done with up to 10 seasons with 10 episodes each, the brothers were offered it but wanted the show done and dusted so they could focus on Star Wars.
Let's just hope the books get finished.

Emily Dickinson's God made a little Gentian

God made a little Gentian—
It tried—to be a Rose—
And failed—and all the Summer laughed—
But just before the Snows

There rose a Purple Creature—
That ravished all the Hill—
And Summer hid her Forehead—
And Mockery—was still—

The Frosts were her condition—
The Tyrian would not come
Until the North—invoke it—
Creator—Shall I—bloom?

I can neither confirm nor deny that another prequel,
not House of Dragons, is in the works with someone whose writing and directing I really enjoy. 🙊

Watch Conrad’s Patriot if you haven’t seen it yet. I have yet to watch Ultra City Smiths, but how can you go wrong with Tom Waites as your narrator.

Back