PF's house of horror (.. films)

I found Mandy on Tubi. Dang. That’s a lot of blood and really messed up. Descending in to the abyss of craven people and such an underground world of bad behavior was crazy. Definite Lovecraft vibe even though not specifically attributed to it. Reminded me a bit of 8mm. Especially when the crossbow appeared and crazy road warrior biker gang dudes and instruments of torture. Made me think of Machine. Had a bit of a graphic novel feel with heavy tone of revenge. Very extreme movie but over the top Cage pulled it off well. Oh man, I had to learn a little about tarantula hawks afterwards. That was crazy! That was epipen to the chest crazy. I’ll probably revisit it at some point. But you’re right. So much blood.

Talk To Me is definitely worth a watch.
Yes! I thought it was strong, and for all the crazy character decisions, I could say "well, they're just party kids! Of course they'd do that"
+10 points for the interactions between faces and hard surfaces.

Exorcist Believer is beyond hot garbage, so bad there's already stories circulating the studio won't bother with the other two movies.

This abomination shits all over the original in every way including throwing some woke BS into it.

They have Burstyn saying she wasn't allowed in the room during the exorcism in the original because of the 'patriarchy"...yeah, the evil patriarchy who literally died to save your daughter.

I'm disgusted she'd even agree to read that line.

I had to go to Texas for work recently but it did mean I managed to catch this absolute beauty on the big screen, When Evil Lurks:

It'll be on Shudder before long. Strong possession-style movie from Argentina from an alternate or future world where demons inhabit humans in an effort to be born into the world. Occasionally the narrative is blurry, the main anti-hero is a mess, but not as much of a mess as the effects. Worth it. Demián Rugna has a style that dares you to keep looking at the screen even when you know it's going to be bad news.

🤣🤣🤣
God yeah, I covered all my hard surfaces with bubble wrap just in case I grabbed the hand in error.
I love how there's no explanation of where that hand came from, and they absolutely don't care.
They're just like "the hand does what? COOL if I can be 5% more popular, I'm in"

I love Mark Kermode, if he says a film is good it usually is. The Exorcist is his favourite film and he wrote a book about it. Check out his hilarious review of the new one.

I haven't seen it yet but I bet he's spot on. And yes, Burstyn must have some huge debts.

I love Mark Kermode, if he says a film is good it usually is. The Exorcist is his favourite film and he wrote a book about it. Check out his hilarious review of the new one.
Hah, that's beautiful. They had a screening here lately of "the version you never saw" of the original. Kermode presented/introduced the film and it got me thinking.. why would you do the reboot to coincide with the original's 50th birthday?
For my 50th birthday, please no-one make a shit reboot of me under the direction of David Gordon Green.

I haven't seen it yet but I bet he's spot on. And yes, Burstyn must have some huge debts.
Supposedly she turned down several offers because she knew this thing was shit, then agreed when the studio upped it even higher and she's donating a large portion to some scholarship fund she supports.

The fact she said no so many times is telling.

The talk that Blair was coming on in the next one is ludicrous and if there was a chance, she's sure as hell saying no after this debacle.

He is spot on, he sounds as disgusted as I was when my daughter and I saw it opening night. I like his comment "Explained for the hard of thinking"

Only good thing about the movie is my younger daughter(she's 30) and I are massive horror fans, but disagree on a lot of movies as far as being good/bad and we love to debate them. We also play this game of "Well if dad said it was good, it probably sucks" and the other way around.

The trailer hits and she calls me "You see it? What do you think?"

Me-trash

Her, "Nah, looks kind of good, want to see it with me?"

"Yeah, fine, but only if when t sucks you admit it."

Honestly I went because she works a ton has two kids and is busy as hell so it was more about getting to spend some time with her. We see it, we're in the lobby and I'm not saying anything, and she blurts out "Oh my god that sucked! It sucks so bad I'm even telling you you're right."

Your daughter admitting your right is the most damning indictment of this movie you'll get.

I just rewatched Kermode's Fear of God doc. Bloody fab, check it out if you've not seen it. Mercedes McCambridge is frightening in her own right!

One thing I noticed...in all the versions I've watched when they add the spider walk it's just her trotting down the stairs (seen this on my stairs many times with real life wankers) then blood gushes out of her mouth. In the doc she does some creepy tongue flicking and stalks Sharon (as in the book) and it's much creepier than the blood gushing bit. I wish they'd kept that in.

I don't think I'll buy the anniversary edition (tempted by The Wicker Man 50th though...looks fab) but I will definitely go see it at the flicks here if they show it all remastered.

Oh god, I watched it. In my defence I didn't pay, got it on my dodgy stick.

All I can say is John Boorman must be grinning from ear to ear knowing his film isn't the worst in the whole franchise.

Exorcist Believer is beyond hot garbage, so bad there's already stories circulating the studio won't bother with the other two movies.

This abomination shits all over the original in every way including throwing some woke BS into it.

They have Burstyn saying she wasn't allowed in the room during the exorcism in the original because of the 'patriarchy"...yeah, the evil patriarchy who literally died to save your daughter.

I'm disgusted she'd even agree to read that line.
That line really pissed me off. More woke fuckery as you said. What's really sad is they seem to have totally lost the essence and meaning behind the original. You're right, it shits all over it.

That line really pissed me off. More woke fuckery as you said. What's really sad is they seem to have totally lost the essence and meaning behind the original. You're right, it shits all over it.
It was also a bait and switch. All this hype about Burstyn and she has maybe twenty minutes on screen and gets taken out(dies off screen? Who the hell knows, and hopefully we never find out because they don't do the proposed sequels). And that happens because...."Hmm, let's let a 90 year old women go into the room of a disturbed violent possessed child(who of course is unrestrained) alone.

But the end? OMG who could imagine the white father dies? The white girl dies? The white girl is the one who blinds Burstyn? But the black girl, of course not, if she did the movie would be racisssssstttttt. Never mind we of course get soft entitled perfect white family and single black father with all his tragedy, just hold up the "Privilege' sign

This BS she was "blessed" and couldn't be killed by the demon? More woke shit "Voodoo better than Catholic demon" and....yeah, she was so protected that she was able to be possessed in the first place....Okay.

The other girl gets dragged to hell? FFS the original has Merrin telling Karras, the soul of the possessed can't be touched....did this fuckwit even see or read the original?

So busy pushing their sickening racist messages(because it is racist, the woke's white guilt self loathing racism) and trying to change something whose source material is practically flawless, they can't make a decent movie

They should have called this movie "Excrement; Believe it"

Hope Green rots in the hell he thinks his character is going to.

Did Friedkin say anything about it before he died? I can't recall.

The final scene? She should have known better too. I lost count of the scenes lifted from the first, I'd love to have sat next to Kermode when he watched it.

The first one still scares the shit out of me but I've been more unsettled emptying my hoover* than watching his pile of shite.

*Truly evil shit lurks in the bowels of my Shark. 🕷️☢️🪦

Last edited:
Oh no, totally that's a horror and a classic. I missed the point first time because i thought the unreligious sex positive types must be the good guys 🤣
Ah, but they're not unreligious. Not one tiny bit. It's really about a clash of cultures I think. I saw this on the big screen when it first came out, the Paris theatre right next to the Plaza hotel. During the scene where what's her name is dancing in her room and tapping on the walls, some guy two or three rows in front of us stood up and started pissing on those in front of him. Wonder what he was on...

I like Midsommar, partly because they are in Sweden lol. The movie is odd, so not something everybody enjoys.
Hahaha! Yeah, I think it was made for someone who wasn't me. I can see why people like it. I thought the first half was great! I should've left at that point 😉
I think I won't be getting a ticket for that festival though..

Ah, but they're not unreligious. Not one tiny bit.
Ah! Sorry, I was through the eyes of Howie there, since he didn't initially take them as religious etc. Obviously they're religious in reality (just not "his").

.. And I still haven't seen Exorcist: Believer but have really enjoyed hearing the truly terrible feedback from those who've seen it! 🤣

Did Friedkin say anything about it before he died? I can't recall.

The final scene? She should have known better too. I lost count of the scenes lifted from the first, I'd love to have sat next to Kermode when he watched it.

The first one still scares the shit out of me but I've been more unsettled emptying my hoover* than watching his pile of shite.

*Truly evil shit lurks in the bowels of my Shark. 🕷️☢️🪦
"Ed, the guy who made those new Halloween sequels is about to make one to my movie, the Exorcist. That's right, my signature film is about to be extended by the man who made Pineapple Express. I don't want to be around when that happens. But if there's a spirit world, and I can come back, I plan to possess David Gordon Green and make his life a living hell."

"Ed, the guy who made those new Halloween sequels is about to make one to my movie, the Exorcist. That's right, my signature film is about to be extended by the man who made Pineapple Express. I don't want to be around when that happens. But if there's a spirit world, and I can come back, I plan to possess David Gordon Green and make his life a living hell."
Omg that's perfect. 🤣

If only he'd stuck around another month or so, I would have loved to hear him tear that thing apart the way he did the "Heretic" back in the day.

But its better he and Blatty never lived to see this abomination
Just watched Kermode again. Perfect. If you want another laugh watch his review of Pain & Gain on YouTube. I've never seen the film but the review is classic.

Back