PF's house of horror (.. films)

<<Did it come out the same time as Mandy, kinda? For some reason I link them together in my brain (maybe it's the colour schemes in the marketing..)>>

IMG_0785.jpeg IMG_0786.jpeg

Hadn’t heard of that one but your comment made me look it up. It did indeed come out about the same time and had a similar eerie otherworldly purple color scheme. Similar triangle arrangement of characters on the poster art as well. And your brain was right to have a connection between them. 2018 Mandy came out and 2019 Color Out of Space was released. Another connection both were produced by Elijah Wood and starred Nicholas Cage.

I will have to watch this one now.

I couldn’t get through Mandy. Found it…. Odd and boring. Had no idea it was produced by Elijah Wood. That surprises me. It’s on my list to try again.

<<Did it come out the same time as Mandy, kinda? For some reason I link them together in my brain (maybe it's the colour schemes in the marketing..)>>

View attachment 2258692 View attachment 2258698

Hadn’t heard of that one but your comment made me look it up. It did indeed come out about the same time and had a similar eerie otherworldly purple color scheme. Similar triangle arrangement of characters on the poster art as well. And your brain was right to have a connection between them. 2018 Mandy came out and 2019 Color Out of Space was released. Another connection both were produced by Elijah Wood and starred Nicholas Cage.

The recent Nick Cage movie isn't the first adaption of HPL's Color Out of Space. Back in the 80's there was The Curse which was low budget, but had some good moments and was true to the story, It didn't have the over the top Cage acting and body horror which made it more in tune with the original than the new one.

I couldn’t get through Mandy. Found it…. Odd and boring. Had no idea it was produced by Elijah Wood. That surprises me. It’s on my list to try again.
I loved Mandy! It's more crazy 70s-inspired psychedelic fantasy than scary but Cage and Risborough made a great screen pair (to me) and Cage is so on it in the second half, probably my favourite instance of Ridiculous Cageness.
Like Event Horizon it's one of those things I'll watch from any point in the movie if I find it on TV. So much blood though. So much. Recommended from this side, though it does start slowww..

(The bonkers trailer does capture it pretty perfectly, now I want to watch it again..)

Oh no William Friedkin died.
I saw that.
Him and Blatty created the grand daddy of them all...and now they can argue about it once more in the afterlife.

I was thinking of him not long ago because of that move the Pope's Exorcist. Friedkin did a documentary of Amorth a few years back, but without all the idiotic mumbo jumbo they stuck in the movie.

I saw that.
Him and Blatty created the grand daddy of them all...and now they can argue about it once more in the afterlife.

I was thinking of him not long ago because of that move the Pope's Exorcist. Friedkin did a documentary of Amorth a few years back, but without all the idiotic mumbo jumbo they stuck in the movie.
That film was a pile of shite. I'll look for the doc though. 👍

I still get goosebumps when I think of that car chase under the El tracks in The French Connection and the maniacal Popeye Doyle (Gene Hackman). No one ever ate an ice cream cone as viciously as Hackman does. The Brink’s Job was pretty good, too, with Peter Falk. Funny.

I really enjoyed the Netflix version of House on Haunted Hill. I can't stand jump scares. They are cheap lazy. Haunted Hill only had a couple of them which isn't bad for a 10 parts series.

Plus, I mean... Carla Gugino.

I used to be a huge fan of horror, but I sleep alone and I'm not a masochist!

I read King's "Pet Semetary" when it came out, and I've tried four times to watch the movie. No. There's no way I'm ever going to watch it by myself.

"The Shining" was in Netflix a while back and I watched it with my teenager. We laughed at most everything except the bathroom part. Laughing kept us from being scared, I guess! Lol

One of my favourites. Still creepy as fuck after all these years.

How did you die Joseph? Did you die in this house? Why do you remain?
I'm going to need a sedative tonight. I shouldn't have watched the video! 🤣

I really enjoyed the Netflix version of House on Haunted Hill. I can't stand jump scares. They are cheap lazy. Haunted Hill only had a couple of them which isn't bad for a 10 parts series.

Plus, I mean... Carla Gugino.
Maybe.. Haunting of Hill House?
If so I loved that show, really and truly, keep meaning to go back and watch it (not sure my heart could take it though). Brilliant setting, would love to see a Making Of..

I used to be a huge fan of horror, but I sleep alone and I'm not a masochist!
Used to?? Come back to the dark side! 😉

When I was a kid, the Calderon Theatre in my home town catered to kids on Saturday afternoons, usually showing a horror film with lots of cartoons thrown in. For House on Haunted Hill, which has lots of in-your-face scary scenes, they actually rigged the theatre so that when a scary scene popped up on the screen, a skeleton jumping out of a closet, I recall, a skeleton would pop out of a box near the ceiling of the theatre and move across the whole place. You can imagine a couple hundred kids screaming their heads off! It was fun!

Maybe.. Haunting of Hill House?
If so I loved that show, really and truly, keep meaning to go back and watch it (not sure my heart could take it though). Brilliant setting, would love to see a Making Of..
Yeah that's it. I think what I wrote was the original . That show was fantastic.

Found this trailer today and snapped up some tickets for a couple of weeks away, It Lives Inside. I'm all for creepy demonic isolation stories, sign me up!

(Also how beautiful is Megan Suri? Jfc 😍😍😍)

Found this trailer today and snapped up some tickets for a couple of weeks away, It Lives Inside. I'm all for creepy demonic isolation stories, sign me up!

(Also how beautiful is Megan Suri? Jfc 😍😍😍)
You're going to have to sleep in my bed tonight! Why did you let me watch that?!? 😭

Back